NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting jazzed for Kapcon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Getting jazzed for Kapcon Reply with quote

Hey guys,

What new games are people dying to get out for KAPCON?

More specifically, what games have you guys been making for KAPCON?

I need people to jazz me for Kapcon inspirado.

I may have to runa road trip game based on my experiences travelling up to tenacious d in jan..... Hmmm

Running - Dresden Files RPG: the murderer of Merlin

Playing - Exalted: Red Sun Redux
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I have too wildly different RPGs.

The first is a wuxia RPG that I have playtested twice and entered it into the scenario design. As you know, it is lots of fun with lots of homages to my favourite wuxia films.

The second is for Dread. It is a slasher flick/murder mystery that uses Jenga as the main mechanic. I have yet to playtest the scenario but the system works very well and gets the players very anxious.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for games that I am keen on playing in this year. The Penguin Harlequinade looks good. I would also be keen to play in Zak's running of Nick's Jovian Chronicles game. A lot of people seem to be keeping their scenarios close to their chests at the moment.

Oh and BTW should this be on this board or Open or Upcoming Cons?
MikeSands

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get my game Last Stand into shape for Kapcon. It's about modern Benandanti - people who fight witches in their sleep in ritualized challenges in order to save the world.

It's intended to be a somewhat surreal take on a Buffy-style story. Without the fixation on high school, either.
Enigma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) this time around.

My random, but increasingly frequent updates, can be found on my blog at http://ucav.livejournal.com/

The basic details are:

TITLE: Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM)
FACILITATOR: Brad Williams
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 6
SYSTEM: 2d6 Jihad
SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE: Not Needed
GENRE: War Movie/Action/Dark Fantasy/Survival Horror
GENRE KNOWLEDGE: Not Needed
STYLE: Combat/Jihad
RPG EXPERIENCE: Not Needed
AGE/MATURITY: Not Needed
CLASSIFICATION: M
ENERGY/VOLUME: Shock and Awe
SCORED: N

BLURB:
Allah be praised, Mujahidin Brothers; ride your white horses into the approaching storm and join our mighty Lion, Warlord Qasam Qasir, in the glorious fight against the Evil Zionist Crusader Infidels!

ACM is an action-packed scenario for six players, inspired by the Global War on Terror and an eclectic mix of historic (Dam Busters, Dirty Dozen, Guns of Navarone) and modern war movies/mini-series (Platoon, Hamburger Hill, Starship Troopers, Band of Brothers), with a dose of hallucination, battle fatigue and the fog of war thrown in!

SKILL, STAMINA and FAITH are all that brave Mujahidin need, to defeat The Great Satan and his Zionist-collaborator puppets ... plus some traditional kick-ass weapons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Game Designer's Cabal All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: