NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy game in Palmerston North?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike_B

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Fantasy game in Palmerston North? Reply with quote

What are the chances of there actually being RPG life In Palmerston North? I havent played anything in a million years but would love to find a decent group / game. D&D, Elric, D20 etc whatever.

WILL SELL SOUL FOR THE RIGHT GAME/GROUP!!!
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy game in Palmerston North? Reply with quote

Mike_B wrote:
What are the chances of there actually being RPG life In Palmerston North? I havent played anything in a million years but would love to find a decent group / game. D&D, Elric, D20 etc whatever.

WILL SELL SOUL FOR THE RIGHT GAME/GROUP!!!

I have the misfortune to live in PN. Unfortunately, I'm already hooked up with a gaming group playing Ars Magica.

There is a gaming club - MAGE - which has details in the FLGS (Heroes for Sale on King St). But they seem mostly to be wargamers / cardgamers. Still, they're probably an RPG meat market, so it might be worth talkign to them.

The other alternative is the RPGA, which has several members in PN (or rather, several which bother to come to KapCon). I can hook you up with them if you want.
Mike_B

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Yes I will try to get to a Mage meeting Reply with quote

I heard they were still "on Holiday" at the moment though. I dont mind wargaming occasionally, but it is Role playing that really crinkles my crackers. What is Ars Magica? and Delta green, isnt that modern Special forces vs Cthulhu ? or am I thinking of something else?

Any way all suggestions are appreciated.
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes I will try to get to a Mage meeting Reply with quote

Mike_B wrote:
I heard they were still "on Holiday" at the moment though.

They might be - I'm not a member, so I wouldn't know.

Quote:
I dont mind wargaming occasionally, but it is Role playing that really crinkles my crackers. What is Ars Magica? and Delta green, isnt that modern Special forces vs Cthulhu ? or am I thinking of something else?

Ars Magica is a game of medieval wizards, set in "Mythic Europe", which is a fairly realistic version of actual history. It's traditionally played troupe style, with each player having a magus, and others playing (for that scenario) "supporting cast" such as companions (knights, priests, dodgy Redcaps) and grogs. There's also a heavy game management aspect - magi are academics after all, so their advenacement comes mainly from reading books (!) - which we use a wiki to handle.

Delta Green is modern Cthulhu, with a secret conspiracy within the US government waging war against the Mythos. It's been compared to the X-Files, or to Charles Stross's Atrocity Archive (only serious). I use it as a filler game when players can't make it, and its very irregular.
SIKBUZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude.. I live in Palmy as well.. Managed to find any groups yet?
Mike_B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have found a group - we are playing D&D v3.5. Im not too sure about speaking for the group though because I just joined, but if you email me with what your interested in and what ever I will check with them to see if they are happy to have another player.

Contact me at: Mike4a_laugh@hotmail.com
SIKBUZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent Mike Smile
thedubmuffin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Signs of life in Palmerston Reply with quote

YES, YES and YES. I'd love to hook up with other gamers in the barren wastes of Palmerston North either joining a group or starting another on a different day?
Mike_B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you would be Mark from Ireland right? I guess i will have to check with the rest of the guys. It is their group and they have been playing together for 7 years, so I dont know if they will feel too overrun by new faces!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: