Joined: 19 Jan 2006
|Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am Post subject: Character Survey Questions
|Below is a Character Survey that I looked to use way back in January 2005 so that I could have additional background on people's characters, some ideas for what they're interested in, what hooks I can use/should use etc.
I'm reposting it here in case anyone wants to use it in the future.
|Who is your character – from their point of view, answer the questions that you can:
0. What is your full name? Do you have an alias/nickname (if so, what is it/what are they)?
Physical Attributes / Description:
1. What is your height and weight?
2. What are the colours of your Eyes?
3. Hair colour(s), length, and style?
4. Are you right handed or left handed?
5. Any birthmarks or scars? For scars, how did you get them?
6 Do you have any tattoos? Why? Where are they and what do they look like?
7. How attractive do you consider yourself? How attractive are you really?
8. What sort of clothing do you typically wear? What quality is it? Clothing size (S, M, L, XL)?
9. Do you wear jewelry? What sort?
Background - Birth and Family:
1. How old are you? Where were you born? Where did you grow up?
2. What are your father and mother's names? Are they still living? Where are they?
3. Do you have any siblings? What are their names? Are any deceased? Any married/children?
4. Do you have any other relatives of note? Are they still living? Where are they?
5. What is your current marital status? Do you have any children?
Background – Education, Skills, Interests, Occupations
1. How were you educated? Did you go to a tutor? Apprenticed? Monastery? College/University?
2. What skill(s) do you feel you do best? What skill(s) would you like to learn/improve on?
3. What do you do to relax? What are your interests (sports, music, art, hobbies)?
4. What did you do (if anything) before becoming an adventurer?
5. What is your non-adventuring occupation? What made you choose it? Are you successful in it?
6. Do you have/Where is your place of residence? Give a description of the place you live.
7. Who has had the most direct influence on your life?
Background - Friends and Allies, Contacts, Enemies
1. Who are your friends, your allies?
2. Who is your best friend?
3. How do your friends, allies, family and relatives view you?
4. Do you have any contacts, mentors, regular sources of information etc?
5. Who are your enemies?
6. Who is your worst enemy?
7. How do your enemies view you?
Morality / Personality / Religion:
1. Describe your general personality.
2. List some good qualities/virtues/strengths you possess.
3. List some bad qualities/vices/weaknesses/fears you possess.
4. What do you count as your own personal honour and morals?
5. Is there anything you absolutely will not do?
6. What is the most important thing to you?
7. What is your religion? How important is your religion to you?
8. How do you view your religion/other religions?
9. Have you ever considered your own death? What sort of afterlife is in store for you?
Goals, Triumphs and Failures.
1. What are your short term goals?
2. What are your long term goals?
3. What are you willing to do to attain these goals?
4. What is your greatest Triumph? Describe any personal successes.
5. What is your greatest Failure? Describe any personal tragedies.
Currently not playing: 3.5D&D (Age of Worms)
Current considering: Mongoose Traveller.