NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buckets 09: - Requesting letters of intent.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Confusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Buckets 09: - Requesting letters of intent. Reply with quote

Well, it's like this. I'm the new president for next year, and I'm busily scrambling around.

At the moment, I can state categorically that if I don't have a voluntear/group of voluntears to write/run the LARP which has traditionally been a part of the Friday night of Buckets, I'll be investigating other things to put during that space.

Regardless, following prompting, I'd like:

Anyone who feels they might run a game to come forward.

For the time being interest registered here, or by emailing confusion@orcon.net.nz

Date TBA.
Pricing TBA.
Location TBA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Confusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
I'm of the firm belief that you need a Larp, even if it's begged/borrowed/stolen from elsewhere.

I'm also wiling to put my money where my mouth is and help to make it happen*. How many people signed up for the Larp this year?

--Naomi

* If others help it can be written from scratch, otherwise it will be recycled from an open-source larp I find online (I know of a number of good ones that could be run). Razz

Well, looks like we'll have a LARP then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I suggest is that you e-mail every GM that's run a game at BOD in the last 5 years and say "thanks for running a game at BOD in previous years (insert other pleasantries as needed). We're looking to get games organized early this year. As a previous BOD GM, would you be interested in GMing a game this year?"

Or something like that.

Though now, before you have a date or venue, might be a bit early.

If you can sort both those things with 3 months notice, I will GM a game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Confusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashugenah wrote:
What I suggest is that you e-mail every GM that's run a game at BOD in the last 5 years and say "thanks for running a game at BOD in previous years (insert other pleasantries as needed). We're looking to get games organized early this year. As a previous BOD GM, would you be interested in GMing a game this year?"

Or something like that.

Though now, before you have a date or venue, might be a bit early.

If you can sort both those things with 3 months notice, I will GM a game.

Thanks, this thread is really as much so people have a centralized place to feed me advice as it is for anything else.

Also, I really had no intention of writing a LARP myself.

Hunt for a venue starts next week, I think. I've heard some support for moving it BoD to a long weekend. People here agree with that concept, or no?
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusion wrote:
I've heard some support for moving it BoD to a long weekend. People here agree with that concept, or no?

I'm ambivalent. What would a long weekend do that the current attachment to the university semester doesn't? Which long weekend would you attach it to? I suspect it would make it much harder to find a venue, and you would have a much greater chance of clashing with other events around Christchurch and the country and losing attendees.

If you're considering a long weekend in order to attract more out of towners, I don't think that should be a priority. BoD needs to work on being a good, healthy local con again before it tries to expand its horizons.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:
BoD needs to work on being a good, healthy local con again before it tries to expand its horizons.

I agree - and I think a crucial part of this is getting GMs! One of the reason KapCon is so successful is Idiot's tireless strong-arming, bribing, and gentle persuasion of anyone to run games.

At BOD '08, both of the games advertised on the flyers were from out-of-towners, and more than half of the TT games that got run were run by Hamish and I. If we hadn't turned up, there would have been no BOD.

My feeling is that part of BOD's problems are that SAGA isn't very strong. Am I wrong? Morgue had some good advice about club-building somewhere...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the motivations behind a project I'm working on but haven't started pimping yet is to make me have something ready for BoD next year.

So add my name to the list Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could run a grand strategy game - I picked up some useful ideas from the Megagames crowd while I was in the UK.

Re: long weekend, main use for Kapcon is that it allows people time to recover, which makes a Sunday night session more viable.
Nick_Adams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, and willing to run at least one game. Would be good to know there will be a reasonable Christchurch turnout though! I don't care about which weekend it is, but would be annoyed to find I can't attend a wargaming tournie due to this.
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsden wrote:
One of the motivations behind a project I'm working on but haven't started pimping yet is to make me have something ready for BoD next year.

So add my name to the list Cool

That looks to be a fantastic idea, Marsden. Is this the start of pimping?
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Marsden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:

That looks to be a fantastic idea, Marsden. Is this the start of pimping?

Not really, but I'll go and put a post in General now that people can comment on rather than risk derailing this thread Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> SAGA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: