NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Behalf of the LARP Organisers, Thank You!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: On Behalf of the LARP Organisers, Thank You! Reply with quote

As I mentioned at the prize giving ceremony, the LARP was awesome, and it was the players who made it so. It was fantastic watching our plots resolve, and an incredible rush to see everyone having such a great time. It was really quite a surprise seeing how some of the things ended up.

Just in case you didn't catch who we were, the LARP team were:
Jonothan Staite: the Photographer
Nick Garden: the underworld fixer
Bryan Pow: The Russian who was looking after the Malandrinos
Aaron Orr: The guy in the body suit and silver mask that was looking after the Irish
Grant Robinson (me): The Talkshow host who was looking after the NeoMafia.

So, from all of us, thank you for making a great game and thank you for having a good time Smile

Some of the more surprising things from my point of view:

Dwayne Herbest, the man on the scene where Big Tony died, managed to proove his innocence despite a lot of evidence against him. As an item of Trivia, the Dwayne character didn't have a name for most of the LARP development, known only as "Fall Guy".

Max Romero becoming Don! This was from way out of left field, Max's primary goal was just to get the Neomafia legitimised so that his family wouldn't be dying as much, and we thought that was going to be difficult enough.

Father Santiago: This character worried us, we simply couldn't find enough exciting things for him to do in development, so we were happy that he managed to become such a busy and pivotal character.

Paul and Abel O'Fiel: We had no idea how this was going to turn out, and we didn't really want to plan it out in too much detail. For these characters we just threw some interesting plots in and waited to see how it turned out, and it was incredible Smile

There are many more, these are simply the couple that I have time to write about now.

As has been blogged about, a fair few of our plots were Shakespearian, particularly the romantic ones. Other sources of information were movies like the Godfather, series like the Sopranos, books like Neuromancer, RPGs like Shadowrun (which the game was initially based on) and Cyberpunk.

Anyway, thank you again, from all of the LARP crew, and a special thank you to Richard, our NPC Security guard, who wasn't afraid to confront anyone, even GM's and prevent them going into the state room without a good reason.

Cheers
Grant
Jenni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul and Abel O'Fiel: We had no idea how this was going to turn out, and we didn't really want to plan it out in too much detail. For these characters we just threw some interesting plots in and waited to see how it turned out, and it was incredible

Holy crap. It was so so awesome that these guys were played by such awesome gamers. I actually ended up crying for about two minutes straight after talking with Abel around 11pm.

Such a great LARP, thanks heaps to you too Smile
artemis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you guys for writing such a great LARP and going to an amazing amount of effort to make the rooms look great.

Also thank you very much for keeping an eye out for people who were running out of stuff and making sure everyone was having a great time on the night.

You all did a fantastic Job.

Hugs

Nasia
Erik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: On Behalf of the LARP Organisers, Thank You! Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:
Max Romero becoming Don! This was from way out of left field, Max's primary goal was just to get the Neomafia legitimised so that his family wouldn't be dying as much, and we thought that was going to be difficult enough.

Not intentional. It was just that as I tried to broker deals to get legitimised, most of the deals involved escalating the mob war. In the end, I was the only solution I could think of, much to my OOC amusement and IC consternation and concern. Things were already complicated enough in Max's life to begin with.

Awesome fun though.

Erik
Bryn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to thank the LARP Organisers for the (obviously) huge amounts of effort that must of gone into all.

I dread to think how long it must of taken to write just what the characters had done that morning, never mind the rich background, how all the characters interacted, all the organising involved in getting the right characters to the right people, plus dressing the set and all the other things involved in making an event run so smoothly that I didn't even notice they'd been done. I really don't envy the people organising the next one!

I was lucky to have such a fun character as Abel O'Feil to play, and to have two such great roleplayers Norman & Jenni (Paul O'Feil & Lucy Malta) for my plot to revolve around.

Anyway enough gushing, cheers to everyone and here's looking forward to the next one.

Bryn.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: On Behalf of the LARP Organisers, Thank You! Reply with quote

Erik wrote:
Things were already complicated enough in Max's life to begin with.

Did your character ever find out that Steve had replaced your wife with a cosmetically sculpted duplicate? I think Steve (i.e. Frankie) was probably more worried that you would find that out than worried you would find out that he'd ordered Big Tony killed without your permission.

Bryn wrote:
Anyway enough gushing, cheers to everyone and here's looking forward to the next one.

On that note, any volunteers?

Cheers
Grant
Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Steve had replaced your wife with a cosmetically sculpted duplicate?"

WTF? OK, that's not something I heard anything about, either. Whatever happened to the real one?

Any chance that the character sheets will become public?
sidicus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a combination of two plots we had, and hopefully explains why Sandra was replaced as well as the cause of Beatrice and Jenni's bitter rivalry. The plots below are what we used, though may have changed slightly when translated onto character sheets.
We will see what we can do to put character sheets and plots up somewhere. (The current Wiki is a bit of a mess)

CROSSROAD CALAMITY

Charlie Dread is far from a model member of the NeoMafia. He has been in the pocket of members of the Irish Mob for quite some time. Five years ago he was meeting with Gabby McTavish over the hit of Beatrice Bigio, a then rising Malandrino who was making trouble for the Irish. The hit was a test of Dread's skills and Gabby wanted to personally witness it, along with his cousin Mikey McTavish. Unfortunately the place where they agreed to meet, where the hit would also take place, was where Sandra Romero would go shopping, and she went past while Dread (newly joined to the NeoMafia) was in heated converstion with Gabby over the pay. As Sandra fled the scene, Dread panicked and pursued (After donning his helmet), just as his target (Beatrice Bigio) was driving into the shopping mall. Dread decided to kill two birds with one stone and took control of Beatrices car and slammed it head on into Sandra's. Beatrice wasn't dead, so Dread got out his gun. But the wail of sirens frightened him off, but not before Bigio got a blurry look at someone on a bike about to shoot her.

Sandra went to hospital but never woke up. Dread gave his heavily modified bike and helmet to Jenni Chrome. Gabby proceded to start blackmailing Dread. Dread almost ran off when Sandra returned six months later but she didn't seem to remember anything. Beatrice managed to track down the bike and has discovered it is owned by Jenni Chrome. Mikey McTavish also tried to blackmail Dread but without Gabby's say so. Dread arranged for Fuzz, a member of Jennis Gang, the Steel Pumas to whack Mikey. In the ensuing conflict Fuzz and Mikey McTavish were both gunned down.

- Gabby McTavish (Knows that Dread tried to kill Sandra Romero and Beatrice Bigio, doesn't know Charlie arrange the hit on his Cousin)
- Charlie Dread (Is afraid Sandra will remember him, that Beatrice will find out it was him, that he is the cause of Jenny's feud with Beatrice, or that he arranged the hit on Mikey)
- Sandra Romero (Isn't Sandra so can never remember the events)
- Beatrice Bigio (Thinks Jenni Chrome tried to kill her, so wants her dead)
- Jenni Chrome (Has had Beatrice try to kill her, but doesn't know how it began)

Broken Personality:

Five years ago (2066), Sandra Romero was in an horrific car accident. She was left in a coma and vegetative state that even the advanced medicine of the 2060's could not fix. Max Romero was distruaght and did not cope well with the loss of Sandra. His daugher and his NeoMafia was left to fend for itself while grief consumed him.

Frustrated by this inaction during a critical time for the NeoMafia, Steve "the cleaner" Harvey and Donnie "Buzz" Scuro conspired to bring Sandra back from the brink. The real Sandra would never walk again, but with Donnies programming talents and the help of skilled cyber-surgeon Mik "the arm", they could make someone look and think just like Sandra.

Steve found a girl willing to go thorough with the operation. Claire Cunningham was desperately looking for a way out of a relationship with her boyfriend. She had found out that he was a cold blooded killer with a knack for tracking people down. She needed a way to disapper, and Steve promised that he give her a new life.

Sandra Romero is actually Claire Cunningham. She came to Steve the cleaner searching for a way out of a relationship with the hit man, Wade Wilson. Steve promised that he could get her away from the cold blooded killer, and he did. Max was grieving the loss of his wife Sandra and couldn't cope without her. With the help of Steve the cleaner and Donnie "Buzz" Scuro hey made a personality chip and implanted in Claire. Jimmy "the arm" implanted the chip and cosmetically modified Claire to look and be Sandra.

At first everything was fine, but over time the chip has become faulty. Things started going on, Sandra started expirencing blackouts and migranes. Donne is unable to fix the chip. but Max cares about Sandra but does not want her finding out what he did. He has assigned Mik "the arm" to mind her and look after her and make sure she does not remember or get the chip removed.

Sandra wants to find out what is wrong with her, and does not trust Mik or Donne who have been hanging around too much and acting strangely.

Characters involved:
Sandra Romero (has a chip in her head)
Wade Wilson (ex boyfriend, jaded by the loss of Claire)
Steve "the cleaner" Harvey (brought Sandra into the fold)
Donne "Buzz" Scuro (created the personality chip)
Mik "the arm" (installed the personality chip and cosmetically modified Claire to look like Sandra)
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephanie wrote:
"Steve had replaced your wife with a cosmetically sculpted duplicate?"

WTF? OK, that's not something I heard anything about, either. Whatever happened to the real one?

When Max's wife was in an accident about five years prior to the Con Max fell to pieces, Steve stepped in and found a volunteer who wanted to dissappear, he then had her biosculpted (with the help of Samantha Lee) and gave her brain surgery (with the help of Mik "The Arm") so that she could use a personality chip (Crafted by Donnie "Buzz" Scuro) to get the mannerisms and memories of Max's wife. This was all kept from Max lest he emotionally crumble again.

The chip had been starting to fail for some time, and while Mik was trying to fix it during the LARP (the second time Sandra collapsed) the chip failed completely and the previous personality Claire Cunningham came back. The reason Claire was wanting to disappear is that she had found out her boyfriend (Wade Wilson I think? Don't quote me on that) was a hired killer and that freaked her out. Wade in the meantime, with the faked death of Claire had become an emotionally void killer, hoping that one day he would feel some kind of emotion to fill the void that Claires death had created.

We might possibly open up the Wiki, it's a bit messy though and several things haven't been tidied up in months. I'll chat to the others and see if we want to reveal the ugly processes behind the magic Smile

Cheers
Grant
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephanie wrote:

I haven't asked the other guys yet, but I've given the wiki a once over, adn there isn't that much in the way of offensive material there, so if you're interested in checking out the character sheets PM me and I'll see if I can set you up with a login Smile

Cheers
Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 18 (2009) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: