NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Bacchanal] ... What just happened?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hix

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: [Bacchanal] ... What just happened? Reply with quote

I'm working on an actual play report for the session of Bacchanal we played at Day of Games last week. If you were in that session, it'd really help me if you could summarise what happened to your character during it.

If you're up for doing this, it'd be great (but not necessary) if you could write in the third-person (like so):

--- --- ---

As Marius wakes up, he becomes aware that the house he's staying in, that should be filled with the laughter of his friends and his daughter, is silent. Abandoned.

Panicked Marius runs through the rooms of the house, calling for his daughter. No one answers.

Someone KNOCKS on the front door. Relieved, Marius runs to it, expecting to find his friends. Instead he finds Tertius Fabius, noted poet of the city of Puteoli, stinking drunk and leering at him. At his side is a soldier.

Marius tries to tell them about his missing daughter, but instead is roughly thrown up against the doorframe and placed under arrest.

--- --- ---

Thanks in advance.

Gametime! A Kiwi groupblog about RPGs. Come and join the conversation.
multi-dimensional: my script-writing blog.
itowlson

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used a * to indicate the round / scene breaks (including the preliminary scene-setting round) in case this is useful.

Flavia awakes startled from dreams of fire and madness, and reaches instinctively for her lover, the gladiator Labenius -- but he is not there. * Slipping into a drunken fury, she dispatches her maid to fetch him. * Soon the maid returns, somewhat dishevelled but with Labenius safely present. Flavia, still in bed, pours Labenius a goblet of wine and he joins her in bed. * Their lovemaking is disturbed by the arrival of Capito, a friend of Flavia's husband. Flavia persuades the now somewhat drunk Labenius to allow Capito to join them in bed. * Then, when Capito falls into a wine-sodden slumber of exhaustion, Flavia and Labenius creep out, steal his carriage, and escape the city.

(Prelim: Minerva and Venus in cup. S1: Wine high, Minerva out. S2: Tied Wine high; added Companion. S3: Wine high. S4: Companion high.)

Short? Lacking in drama? More like a prologue than a real story? I'm afraid so. But given Bacchanal's total control, and practically total randomisation, of the story arc, I'm going to plead not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility -- diminished to the point of elimination -- and apply to serve my sentence in an old skool physics engine game where nobody will force me to have buttsecks just because I rolled a Wine die high *grin*.
hix

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ivan, that's exactly what I was after.

rohan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

only found this post late, so I might be a bit hazy on the details.

Tulius? is returning home and when two collegiate thugs grab him and start taking him to see a local gangster who he owes money. * On the way they pass through the town square where a revel is starting to begin. Enticed by the wine beginning to flow the thugs and tulius get caught up in the revel and forgot themselves * Tulius leads the revel to the baths to continue their merrymaking * As Tulius sobers he realises that the thugs have been distracted by some fair maidens and he takes his opportunity to flee and return home * A wild party is taking place at his house where he joins in the revels as the wine begins to flow * Becoming bored the party begins to streak through the city calling on all to join them * Jaded by their experiences they follow their instincts to the cemetery where several of the fairest maidens of rome have been recently interred * Upon disinterring the body the part disintegrates as the partygoers sober up and begin to leave unsure of what madness took hold of them.
hix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rohan. That's some mighty recall you've got going on there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Random Play All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: