NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keith Baker coming to NZ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morgue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolness!

Mikeythorn, as (a) someone I've actually met who (b) is a fan of Keith's greatest contribution to gaming, I reckon you deserve hosting rights if you want them. I'll gladly take over if the dates don't work for you or something. And we'll co-ordinate some social stuff too...
amphigori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll confess I don't know heaps about Eberron, however, one of my favourite CDs to paint and write to is the Eberron soundtrack!

Mostly, I'm just happy to play tour guide and show off Welly in all her glory - adding the American Ex-Pat factor to the effort. Smile
Mikeythorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morgue wrote:
Coolness!

Mikeythorn, as (a) someone I've actually met who (b) is a fan of Keith's greatest contribution to gaming, I reckon you deserve hosting rights if you want them. I'll gladly take over if the dates don't work for you or something. And we'll co-ordinate some social stuff too...

I am happy to share the joy if anybody else wants to play host as well. We have four nights to share him around don't we?! Have we got a bit more information about dates yet?
Hellcow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! It's Keith. Thanks for the interest in showing me around!

Mikeythorn wrote:
We have four nights to share him around don't we?! Have we got a bit more information about dates yet?

Well, that's sort of up to all of you. The whole "four nights" thing is more what you'd call a guideline than actual rules. The situation as it stands now is that I have a flight from Sydney to Denver on September 23rd. I'm prepared to push that flight so that I can come up to NZ, bounce around for a while, and ultimately make my way back to Sydney to catch the flight back to the US. What I don't know is how much time to set aside for this odyssey, where to go and when. I'd like to get at least two 4-night stops in to justify the traveling expenses... but I could certainly stay longer if there were things to do and people keen to do them, or other places to stay. Currently I haven't heard back from Christchurch, so that may be a loss.

Anyhow, I'm just waiting to figure out a solid plan before changing my flight dates... if you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible come september!
Mikeythorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I have sent you an email Keith, just providing my contact details and a few ideas about places to visit here in Wellie. There are few demands on my spare bed, so you are welcome to use it for longer than four nights if needed.

Some might argue otherwise, but the South Island is where most of the beauty in this country hides - so hopefully someone will step up and offer a bed. There are some people from Nelson on this board somewhere aren't there? That could be an excellent alternative if Christchurch falls through. Nelson is a) very pretty and b) handily placed near to some spectacular pieces of the country.
Menolly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, I've just posted to some contacts in Christchurch to see if we can locate your contact or find you some new couches... it would be cool to be able to show you all of NZ rather than just 1 half.

Hellcow wrote:
Currently I haven't heard back from Christchurch, so that may be a loss.
amphigori

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcow wrote:

Hi Keith!

How much time you spend here and where you go really depends on what you want to see and experience.

4 days or so isn't much time, and some of the most beautiful scenery will eat up time getting to it (Fjordland, Golden Bay - both on the south island).

Are you more interested in urban stuff, wild stuff, Weta/LoTR stuff?

You're spoiled for choice really, and pretty much guaranteed to have a good time regardless of where you go. Smile
Truth

Location: Wellington, Wadestown Plunket Lookout. "Ooh look, a toddler! Where's my rifle?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was discussion at the 48 of people who might be able to put him up down in Christchurch ... I'm not 100% sure if anything came of it.

I think a tour of Weta should be definitely put in ... I'm sure the rayguns would fit right into Eberron. Wands for the uninitiated perhaps?

Hmm ... *wanders off to his design books in thought*
Hellcow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amphigori wrote:
Are you more interested in urban stuff, wild stuff, Weta/LoTR stuff?

All of the above, really. What I'm most keen on is to see anything I might not see if I came alone - a chance to see what YOU think is special or enjoy. I can take more than four days if there's hospitality available for more than four days (and I can run more than one game if that's the case) - I just need to sort it out quite soon to make sure I get my air travel worked out!
Mikeythorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shouldn't be any other demands on my spare room (although I do have a funny feeling my parents said something about wanting it at some point, for some time for some reason), and you will certainly be welcome to stay for longer if you would like. And, I am sure we can find plenty of things to keep you entertained. Very Happy
sidekick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi team, just found this place! Very Happy This thread is total wig out material!!!!

Keith - I'm in Wellington and can also offer up a bed/couch (its a super comfy fold-out) that is all yours should you so wish it.

Also if you have a free evening here and are keen to run another game in Wellington - name me the day as people from my two groups would leap at the chance!
morgue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sidekick! We shall make sure to include you in plans as they unfold!

Smile
Hellcow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone...

Unfortunately, I have bad news. By the time everything was finally confirmed and in place, I discovered that it's prohibitively expensive for me to come to NZ right now. It's actually significantly more expensive for me to extend my current trip for two weeks than to book an entirely separate trip in early 2010 (and actually quadruple the cost of the current trip)... and since I'm a freelance writer and not actually doing a lot of writing while travel, expenses are an issue.

I really want to come to NZ, and I'm keen to meet all of you. So please think of this as a delay as opposed to a complete cancellation. I will keep you posted here, and this time I'll make arrangements with you all far enough in advance that we all have time to work things out.

Thanks so much for your hospitality, and I hope to see you in early 2010.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcow wrote:
Thanks so much for your hospitality, and I hope to see you in early 2010.

FWIW Wellington's Annual RPG Con (and NZ's largest), Kapcon, is at the end of January 2010. If you travel plans coincide with it, it would be awesome for you to attend.

http://kapcon.rpg.net.nz
morgue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith - not to worry, we quite understand!

We'll look forward to news of a future visit.

Enjoy the rest of your current bout of travels!

Morgan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: