NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Kapcon Drinks Venue Must Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mundens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Pre-Kapcon Drinks Venue Must Change Reply with quote

Because Syn is no more.

I was in there last Wednesday night, and while there is still a Hells Pizza outlet there, the bar has been halved in size (the area we always used to sit in is no longer part of the bar) and has been turned intro a Sports Bar, with lots of video screens displaying racing odds and the like.

So looks like we'll have to find another location. I'd suggest returning to Southern Cross, only last time I was there it was full of kids. As in toddlers under the age of six running around and tripping people up with their toys on the floor, and the food was still terrible and overpriced.

So, anyone got any suggestions ? Macs Brewery maybe ? Thats big enough to take a crowd and not notice.

David Formosa on alt.sex.stories.discussion
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wherever it is, hopefully we'll be able to get them to turn the music down a bit. Last couple of times I went to Syn I couldn't hear a goddamned thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glock-9mm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sothern Cross is fine, you can reserve the outside tables and the kids are there on the weekend Mornings/Afternoons, I seriously doubt there druken 5 year olds trying to shank people.

Regards
Glock-9mm
wisefool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strolled past the old Syn bar last night. It's being rebranded as the Ruby Bar. I'll have another look later to see what happens.

As an alternate venue the Waterloo (formerly the Ferryman) has a seperate space that can hold 20 or 25 if cramped. This might be available, the down side being smokers have to go outside and if there is an event at the Caketin this being one of the 5 closest bars will be packed out.

Regards
The Wisefool
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that it is Jan... what is the location (if any) for the KapCon pre-drinks?

I'm keen for Pre-drinks...
wisefool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another alternative is the Kiwi Pub in Blair St, just off Courtenay Place. The side area can hold 50-55 comfortably, the decore is very 1960s Kiwi Kitsch, beers are all domestic and the basic menu is classic pub grub, $13-17 for meals. Again smokers are expected to go out on the street.

There's no web site but the duty manager have said they are happy to talk with any one wanting to book the space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 19 (2010) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: