NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPGA games at Kapcon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my 2 cents worth (or is that 10 cents these days?) I think the way the con runs now is great. I experienced a very different approach in germay earlier this year at Tentacles and did not like it at all.

Basically the GMs ran games when and where they wanted and the con was based around presentations, discussions, official releases etc. Players signed up in a mad rush around the notice board at the beginning of the con so the people who were the most pushy and lucky enough to find the game sheet they wanted to sprawl their name on got to play in the game of their choice. Games run by notable GMs (ie game writers etc) got selected by lottery. Overall I found it to be a pretty poor way to organise things.

I find the break is just long enough as a GM to get ready and would hate to have shorter breaks. If people want to run longer games I guess they can advertise it as a two round game.....
Tuoni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my first kapcon last year and didnt know there was RPGA games at all. maybe some info about them could be put on the website/timetable even if they are totally seperate . .

Tuoni
and cthulhu (1920s NZ) and roman invictus
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is in the past we are not told what they are running till they turn up and then don't advertise themselves during the breaks.

Running - Dresden Files RPG: the murderer of Merlin

Playing - Exalted: Red Sun Redux
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuoni wrote:
I went to my first kapcon last year and didnt know there was RPGA games at all. maybe some info about them could be put on the website/timetable even if they are totally seperate . .

The RPGA games are detailed on the website like all other games (they even have their own page) and their logo is also on most pages at the wesbite.
Menolly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to try and offer something within the same time slots as Kapcon we have found a current RPGA game which we are able to run within the 3 hour slot. It's got pre-gen characters... or if you have a level 1 rpga sanctioned 4th Ed DnD characters you can bring those.

I'll be willing to run it both days in any of the slots as demand requires. I thought I could tack myself onto the Games on Demand styled slot for this.

Game blurb:
MYRE 1-1 Undead Hunt
Parts of Baldur’s gate have been overrun with undead and the Flaming Fist Company are recruiting sell swords to strike back at the incursion and rescue the surviving citizen’s while the horde is contained and an overwhelming force can be organised to free the city of this plague. A 2-3 hour adventure for 1st level characters using pre-generated PC’s. An adventure set in Baldur’s Gate for characters 1-2 levels.
Rating: easy. Light on combat, good rewards
Menolly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some of the other games the RPGA room will be running. Not sure which time they will be running but if you are interested in any of these storylines please let me know.

Please note they are mostly 4 hour long games, which the exception of Stiring the Embers which is a double session game.

SPEC 1-31 Hive of Corruption:
Every year, coronal Ilsevele Miritar, ruler of Myth Drannor, hires a group of adventurers to clean up one of the many dangerous ruins within her forest kingdom. This year she has reached out to several groups. What could have forced the eladrin to seek outside help and abandon their cautious ways? A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Myth
Drannor for character levels 1 - 4.
Rating: Very hard, high reward, high danger.
ADCP 1-1 Jungle Hunt:
A great hunt has been called in the jungles of Chult. The Amnian trading costers of Port Nyranzaru are competing to see which one can bring in the biggest, rarest beasts as trophies, and they’re looking for adventuring companies to do the hunting. Are you and your companions up to the challenge? A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Chult for characters levels 1-14.
Important Note: At least four of the characters in the party must be members of the same Adventuring Company in order to play this adventure, and all of the characters must be within a single level band (1-4, 4-7, 7-10, or 11-14). This event may only be run at Wizards Play Network (WPN) Public Play events. It is not available for Private Play. An adventuring Company format will be provided at the convention.
Rating: Extremely hard, very high reward, extreme danger.

MINI-1 Stirring the Embers:
All is not well in the great port of Tarmalune and no one specks of it. People are disappearing towards some fell purpose and you are next. A double-length LFR adventure set in Tarmalune for characters level 1-4.
Rating: average with normal rewards.

AGLA 1-4 Silent streets, Vanished souls.
A distraught father has gotten no satisfaction from the city authorities at Baldur’s Gate, so he turns to sellswords in hope of finding his lost daughter. The truth of her disappearance may reveal dark secrets from the cities past secrets that those on both sides of the law would kill to protect. A LFR adventure set in Baldur’s Gate for characters Level 1-4
Rating: average with normal rewards.
Menolly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor also has it that some of the RPGA guys maybe bringing some Pathfinder Society modules, and some special locally written RPGA older games which may or maynot run depending on the players. I will try and announce these before each session if they fit in the timetable.

If you are interested in trying any of these, or just having a look, let me know.
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
Ok, to try and offer something within the same time slots as Kapcon we have found a current RPGA game which we are able to run within the 3 hour slot. It's got pre-gen characters... or if you have a level 1 rpga sanctioned 4th Ed DnD characters you can bring those.

Can you stick it on the website please? I'll pencil you in on the timetable as running on demand and there seems to be some appetite for D&D4 out there.
Menolly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just loaded it up on the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 19 (2010) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: