NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radical idea for GoD and KapCon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Radical idea for GoD and KapCon Reply with quote

Conan
Quote:
I think GoD is a healthy and reliable step in that direction

I very much agree with this. But just had a radical idea related to the Kapcon scheduling and the GoD format.

BTW - I don't think this will be well received, but its well left field and kinda amusing to think of this.

Wellington High School as a venue is well set up for this sort of idea. But my thinking is that GoD is translated to the entire 'con (not necessaryily kapcon but lets just use that as an example).

Basically my thinking is to have three floors (not just rooms) running a GoD style format. GMs are placed in each of the floors (one for each room on the floors) with a selection of games. You could even theme the floors so that the players could have a basis for selection on which floor that they want to register for.

At each round, each floors open room is a mini-registration/GoD style pick your games for playing for that round - as determined by the GMs on that floor and the available games. Players register for a floor for that round rather than for individual games. (so level 4 is horror games, level 3 is indie games, level 2 is modern games <-- note that the theme and the GMs can change floors at each round). At the start of the round (or rather 1/2 an hour beforehand) a GoD style selection is made and the players broken up into the relative games and way you go...

Obivously the big objection is that you may not be able to play the system you are after (because the demand is not around at the time you want to play the game, or other games are more popular).

Anyways... interesting and amusing idea...
MattCowens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan - have you read this thread?

http://www.nzrag.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2517

It's all about a Wellington based Games on Demand convention Smile
MattCowens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the follow up thread:

http://www.nzrag.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2710
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 19 (2010) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: