NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM feedback forms?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: GM feedback forms? Reply with quote

I'm kind of thinking out loud here, how do Kapcon GMs feel about having GM feedback forms for players to fill out at the end of a game?

What I was thinking wsa that the GM nomination/voting form could include a bit where players could anonymously write feedback about a game (or possibly have separate forms at the main desk) that GMs could ask for if they wanted at the end of their game/the Con.

The reason I suggest this is that I, as a GM, always appreciate feedback on my games as I find it helps me to improve my skills as a GM and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think a lot of GMs would appreciate feedback - both good and bad. And if we keep it as optional - like the scoring - then only the GMs who want it can get it. I also think that if you make it an anonymous thing, players are more likely to be honest rather than just "it was good/bad."

Of course there is the possibility that such a provision would allow some players to become over critical - because our hobby does attract folk who tend to over analyse - but I'm fairly confident that it could be a constructive addition to the con - and possibly help GMs to continue improving and raising the bar on the quality of games on offer.

Which isn't to say there were any bad games this year - at least that I played in - but I think there is always room for improvement. Smile

What do you all think?

Conan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 19 (2010) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: