NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a D&D group Auckland Central

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davethebartender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Looking for a D&D group Auckland Central Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My names Dave and I'm looking for a group or to start a group for some D&D 3.5 or 4 in Auckland Central. Due to work commitments im looking at either Sunday or Monday nights and want to see if theres anyone else in the CBD interested.

Let me know.
Digmarx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife Susan and I moved to Auckland in January. We've got a Pathfinder game going on Sunday (I DM) but it might be falling apart in the near future. What type of game are you looking for, exactly?

Zo
davethebartender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the pathfinder system but always keen to give something new a crack. Most games i've been in the past were a good blend of roleplaying and combat, with my favourite being an epic campaign that ran consistently over 2 years.

Basically I'm just looking to get back into the hobby after a bit of a hiatus and either slot into a currently running game or be part of a new one staring up.
Digmarx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the same about a year and a half ago in Thailand. Played AD&D as a kid and got on with life in my 20s, took a 10 year hiatus. Pathfinder's basically a reworking of 3.5e in an attempt to fix some of the "broken" rules. Our current group (~7th level, Forgotten Realms) is in the midst of some "self-evaluation" and there may be a slot open soon. I'm also interested in possibly starting a second game, hopefully playing rather than DMing as I am currently.

Have you tried the America RPG club at Auckland Uni? Meets on Tuesdays for games, but you might be able to find some folks there for a weekend game.

Zo
Mala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm only staying for a while (~8 more weeks, doing a research internship in the chemistry department), but already missing my game Tuesday and the odd Saturday. Somebody has room for another player?

I'm a German girl, 24, and have been playing for about 3 years. Mostly Shadowrun (4.01, sometimes a bit modified 3), Arcane Codex, Exalted and The Dark Eye. So no D&D so far, but I catch on pretty fast on new systems Wink
The cbd would be great, but whatever I can reach by bus during the week is fine, as well.

Cheers!
New2NZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit I'm down. Sunday night would be good, I've got shift work so every other two weeks I wouldn't be able to make it to a monday night game. I haven't taken the plunge into 4e yet but i've been playing one or another edition of D&D for 13 years, also oWoD and Exalted, Delta Green, CoC, and a few other experimental no dice games. Feel free to pm me with any questions or details on when a where. Oh yeah, I'm 26, male, and from the US.
8bit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the repeated post, but a cut and paste seemed like the easiest solution here

>>

I have been dabbling with D&D (and by dabbling I mean I've skimmed the 3.5 players handbook and played through the solo adventures contained in the re-release of the Red Box). I've played a couple of games with actual people, but it was some time ago now.

I'm interested in finding a group of people who play, but I'm definitely looking to play in a very casual style than something that's total immersion, in character, absolute hardcore RP.

That's not to say that I don't respect a well crafted campaign setting, it's just that I'm more attracted to rolling the dice than getting into character.

This example, and I know there will be a few eye-rolls, is ideally the style of play that I'd really like to get into
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4pod/20100527

Oh, and I'm in Auckland also.
Digmarx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[crosspost, delete if it violates board rules]

We're still looking for another player in the Auckland CBD Pathfinder group. We meet Mondays just off Queen St. All levels of experience welcomed. We have 7 players and are looking for an 8th.

Zo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: