NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM Support Network Proposal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: GM Support Network Proposal Reply with quote

I am going to suggest a multi-tiered approach to creating a GM support network, and volunteering to start this process.

My proposal is...

a) Dedicated space on NZrag for mentoring and quick question support. Moderated by a number of people with Kapcon GMing experience (tabletop and LARP) and knowledge of possible other support networks in local areas. (In Wellington, WARGs, CONFUSION, Fright Night - on the net - Gametime blog, RPG.net, NZRag, SDC resources/archive - Im sure there are ones outside of Wellington too... Buckets, AmericaCon, Chimera etc...)

b) A "space" in the Kapcon registration to identify new GMs, or GMs who would like support. With an advertisement for the NZrag space for the GM support network.

Identifying new GMs is important for both the support network, and for Kapcon organisers to ensure (or attempt to ensure) that new GMs get recognised for their efforts.

c) A GM support/games day event, where new and existing GMs can bring their ideas for games (or what they have written) in and have a frank discussion with some GMs. In particular I would think that looking at the SDC scoring or evaluation method might be a grounding for the discussion. Im thinking that this would also act as a advertisement for Kapcon and the SDC and a time to pimp your games coming up (starting the Buzz!).

d) Follow up - after Kapcon (so now), with New GMs and their experience with Kapcon.

As with all proposals, these things are all up for negotiation / adjustment / correction. If you are interested in any of these, can I ask that you please contact me on lestrangester (at the wonderful) gmail email system with the heading [GM SUPPORT] (mash and Liam I already have your commitment by word of mouth, can I have your email too pls Smile.

If you are just interested in discussing how you would like any of the above to look, or to perform, please post here - I am interested in your comments / concerns and suggestions.

There are some on the boards that I will attempt to contact directly, namely Luke (for the SDC evaluation method), 'Mash, Morgue, Luke and whoever else is on Gametime (for permissions to point people to your posts), Kapcon Orgs (for coordination to identify new GMs and space on the flyers Smile, Idiot (stats on GMs, also it would be good to get the scoring sheets for the last kapcon), other Con orgs (coordination with other cons would also be welcomed, and if possible a similar approach to assisting your GM recruitment could be employed). And Dale!!.. who apparently wrote the scoring system for the SDC

Those on that list, if they can get in touch it would be good too Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 21 (2012) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: