NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christchurch larps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Christchurch larps Reply with quote

So, anyone able to add to this list of past BoD larps?

* Las Cruces (BoD 2011)
* Funeral for a Don (BoD 2010)
* Southern Seas (27 players; BoD 2009; available online)
* Pirates (BoD 2006)

I'm trying to compile a list to get a feel for what might be around, both for Hydra or to potentially be re-run independently.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Christchurch larps Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:
So, anyone able to add to this list of past BoD larps?

* Las Cruces (BoD 2011)
* Funeral for a Don (BoD 2010)
* Southern Seas (27 players; BoD 2009; available online)
* Pirates (BoD 2006)

I'm trying to compile a list to get a feel for what might be around, both for Hydra or to potentially be re-run independently.

I don't rememeber what the Larps were called, and some of them are a blur of tiredness and time.

2008: Alan Downward's Dinner Party Larp (sorry, don't know much about it - the 48hr party was on at the same time)
2007:United Nations?
2005: A history/fantasy sort of game based around clans and an outside attack
2004: Astrix?
2003: The bureaucratic afterlife game
2002: ?? I played cards in the lobby with the non-Larpers. I think the theme was Victorian of some sort.
2001: This may have been the year of that Roman Larp people still talk about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick_Adams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that's pretty accurate. Some additional comments:

The 2008 dinner larp was a mystery larp with evil genious doctor overtones, and limited time plot.

2007 was a UN style larp where everyone played people in country factions at the new UNSC, with the bulk of the play based around bilateral discussions off screen, and a set of three main meetings that enabled votes or discussions on key items.

The 2006 Pirate Larp used a board interface for pirate ships sailing around. Very low turn out that year unfortunately.

2004 Asterix was exactly as it sounds! We used a lot of props to encourage trading and was tremendously silly.

2003 was indeed the bureacracy larp whereby players were famous people throughout history who had different places in the divine ministry of paper shuffling.

I think 2001 was the Greek one whereby we had prophecies, armies on the borders, and the entire game was based around political intrigue and manipulation.

Prior to these (ie <2000), we had one based on Credo, a mafia larp, a fantasy larp, and a bunch of other random ones.

Away from BoD, we've also run in the last decade: a multi-year WoD Vampire Larp, a Sabbat Larp, a Changeling Larp (albeit briefly), and someone ran a few boffer larp sessions as well.
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 was called Honour and Blood, a fantasy LARP loosely inspired by historical convcerns, but I wouldn't describe it as historical really. I think I may have just lost that in the death of my old laptop, but it might be on a HDD back in NZ.

2001(?) was a Roman Senate game set in the Second Punic War, that was definitely historical. I think it was called Carthago Delenda Est. Trond would be the person to ask for more details about that.

I suspect Carthago and Asterix may have been lost when Trond had his computer stolen. I don't think anything remains of the Credo LARP (and I can't remember the year either). I have a box of BoD and OOC stuff back in NZ which might contain more info.

If I can find Honour and Blood, I'd definitely run that again. I think it was for ~30 players.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ

Last edited by Anarchangel on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
xyphoid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may still have some stuff from the Credo larp, I'll check at home. I do have a lot of the blurbs from the previous website.

2000 was the Babylon 5 larp, and 'The Decline and Fall of the First Solar Empire' grand strat via Dillon.
2001 was Delenda est Carthago, and Peter's STARLORD grand strat.
2002 was 'A game of modern politics, corruption, and diplomacy, by Trond Nilsen and Nick Adams. Players will play diplomats, military personnel, business people, and agents of other concerned organisations.' - no name. Peter's Kingdom of Asmardia grand strat.
2003: Eternal Service as mentioned, and my space GS.
2004: Asterix, and Dillion's Invasion America GS.

There was a Paranoia larp one year too.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:

2001(?) was a Roman Senate game set in the Second Punic War, that was definitely historical. I think it was called Carthago Delenda Est. Trond would be the person to ask for more details about that.

I really want to play this one. I was so disappointed it happened the year before I went to buckets. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Highwayman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
Anarchangel wrote:

I really want to play this one. I was so disappointed it happened the year before I went to buckets. Smile

What I remember of it was pretty fun Smile

BUt I think I remember the GrandStrat more Smile

Cheers
Grant
Nick_Adams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually in hindsight, I think 2002 was a Delta Green larp.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:

BUt I think I remember the GrandStrat more Smile

Cheers
Grant

The fantasy grand-strat the following year was fantastic. It might still be my favourite one, but that could be because it was my first. I had _so_ much fun. Though the people we killed kept coming back to life. Friggin' mages. Rolling Eyes
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha, I new it had a longer name. 2004 was Asterix and the Big Trip.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> SAGA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: