NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

History of gaming in Auckland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menolly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: History of gaming in Auckland Reply with quote

Struan mentioned this in his intro post and I'd love to know more. Who ran these?

Quote:
Hi I'm Struan. helped run the Flying Crocodile Cup RPG Competitions during to 90's.
NeonGraal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: History of gaming in Auckland Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
Struan mentioned this in his intro post and I'd love to know more. Who ran these?

Quote:
Hi I'm Struan. helped run the Flying Crocodile Cup RPG Competitions during to 90's.

The initial Cadre was Lisa Cotton (now Rose), Fiona Cole, Avette Kelly and Myself.
The first competition was an America's Cup that I was organising and missed it's deadline so I asked the august ladies for assistance and they took it away from me. Good thing they did too.
There were 8 competitions run (1991 - 1997 and 2000) and started with 5-6 GM's running 4 3.5hr sessions over a normal weekend. For the last few it had grown to be 10 GM's.
We ran a strict shared scenario competition. All groups ran the same scenario at the same time and then the players and GM's all switched around (as much as possible)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Menolly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: History of gaming in Auckland Reply with quote

Cool, didn't even know anything about these lovely ladies. Are any of them still active in rping? And any chance some of the games could be dredged up for new people to play?

NeonGraal wrote:

The initial Cadre was Lisa Cotton (now Rose), Fiona Cole, Avette Kelly and Myself.
The first competition was an America's Cup that I was organising and missed it's deadline so I asked the august ladies for assistance and they took it away from me. Good thing they did too.
There were 8 competitions run (1991 - 1997 and 2000) and started with 5-6 GM's running 4 3.5hr sessions over a normal weekend. For the last few it had grown to be 10 GM's.
We ran a strict shared scenario competition. All groups ran the same scenario at the same time and then the players and GM's all switched around (as much as possible)
Ruku Arona

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: History of gaming in Auckland Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
Cool, didn't even know anything about these lovely ladies. Are any of them still active in rping? And any chance some of the games could be dredged up for new people to play?

Hi, Menolly.

Fiona and Avette have children, although I'm not sure about Lisa, which means that they are probably not bursting with enthusiasm to get involved in another Flying Crocodile. It was a lot of work on their part.

I will ask fo you, if you like, and let you know during Bernard's game next week.

I will see how they feel about providing support and assistance for anyone wanting to run a Flying Crocodile.
Menolly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: History of gaming in Auckland Reply with quote

Cool, I was thinking more along the lines of we seem to have this lack of gms and game writers for cons in Auckland atm, and if the Flying Crocodile people had old games they were willing for other gms to copy/run, that would be totally cool. Especially as alot of the current people who turn up for cons like BattleCry and America's Cup wont have played in any of the Flying Crocodile games before. America also runs a monthly one-off night, and having a library of tournament written games gms could just run with, would be so cool... I'm ok running a pre-written game, but I don't think my actual written con games are really up there just yet.

Tony and some of the other "old crowd" America members, who have been writing con games for ages, have been talking about archiving some of their old games onto a site somewhere, where people can browse through them, and use them to run games. The Kapcon site used to have a similiar area too.

Would be cool to hook up with some of these people and share ideas/games etc.

Ruku Arona wrote:

I will see how they feel about providing support and assistance for anyone wanting to run a Flying Crocodile.
Ruku Arona

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> AMERICA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: