NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short Term Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Short Term Help Reply with quote

I've been asked by a couple of relativey new gamers to run a short (4/5 session) high/heroic fantasy game for them in the first half of the second semester at Uni.

Over in Morgue's last run of Slayer's East, and intermittently in my Acid Nights and Parallax games, the GM has been posting game notes in locked LJ posts and getting feedback. Generally I've been finding this to be an awesome way of GMing from both the perspective of the GM and the contributor.

So, naturally, I'm now looking at this short-term game and wanting to make use of it for this purpose. But I want to take it a little bit further. What I'd like to do is have a couple of people willing to be core contributors critique the initial schematic plot, sit in on the character generation session and then via online means have input into the inner workings of the actual game itself, then one of them guest star as the main villain in the final session.

In real terms, I'm not expecting these contributors to actually pick up the mantle of GMing to any major extent, but to offer alternate perspectives and so on from the sidelines. My hope is that whoever steps up gets a bit of a different perspective on GMing (i.e. mind compared to their own) and that I get a bit of the same. Smile But ultimately, the aim is a high-quality experience for the new players, for whom this will be their longest continuous gaming experience.

I'll probably also be looking for one or two players of the ordinary sort, as I'm not sure how many people I've committed to running for. At least 2, but possibly more. I'd like a group of 5ish.

The game will use 3.5 and be set in Richard Dagger's generic fantasy world "Eldarion", because it's the world I'm most familiar with.

The core concept for the game is a group of low-ish level PCs (I'm thinking 1*3rd, rest 2nd) sent to a small backwater village on the borderlands between the Ramtesh Empire and the newly freed Heldennic territories. Their job is to keep an eye on things, and ensure peace and prosperity flourish in the formerly grim territory around the village. Obviously, something goes a bit wrong, because otherwise there wouldn't be an adventure. Smile

If you're interested in playing or contributing in other ways, reply here and I'll either set up a mailing list or (more likely) a custom friends group on my LJ, or an LJ community.

Cheers,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you envisage when you suggest this person stepping in to be the big villain in the series finale? Them playing them essentially like a PC, but opposed to the other PCs?

I must admit this is more curiosity for its own sake...
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like that. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really envisage the main villain having a whole session's worth of face to face interaction with the PCs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: