NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving to Auckland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amphigori

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Moving to Auckland Reply with quote

Hello

I'm an American gamer chick who has been living in Wellington for 4+ years. About to make the move up to the 'big smoke' with my Auckland-born (and non-gamer *sob*) parner later this year.

I"m very interested in making some gamer connections before I head up there, particularly as I want to attend Americas Cup to help me make connections with local gamers ASAP. If you're keen to help an American/Wellingtonian gamer chick get settled please drop me a line.

A bit about me and my RP preferences:

- I prefer role play over roll-play but appreciate and welcome rules and mechanics to add realism/randoness to a game.
- I am not, nor will ever be a rules lawyer or a power-gamer.
- I love the kind of pure, deep character interaction/character driven plotlines that get you totally immersed in the game.
- I'm familiar with DnD (d20) and old White Wolf. I'm keen to expand my game knowledge.
- I suck at mechanics and math and combat. If you're a numbers/stats/mechanics monkey I will drive you crazy. I hem and haw over my char sheet when it comes to combat. I try and improve this but I still suck.
- Despite the above I give 100% to char interaction and char development. Wanna know what colour underwear my char is wearing on any given day? I'll know.
- And as my last disclaimer I got paid to write for White Wolf a little bit back in the day, so even though I suck at stats I guess I'm ok at something. Wink

Look forward to meeting you guys in July!
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jackie,

There is lots of larping in Auckland. Check out www.diatribe.co.nz to get in touch with people.

Cheers,

Stephanie
amphigori

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steph! Will check that out for sure.
Muppet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyas Jackie,
This is Phillip, that Aucklander you met that was telling you about everything that happens in Auckland.

As Steph said diatribe is an excellent place to find out about the Larps that are going on, theres a seperate thread for every big larp happening.

www.theamericaclub.net.nz is the america website, and we meet every tuesday at around 7-10 at the university. We try and help interested parties of like minded roleplayers converge into an excellent campaign type thing. Yea

But those off the top of my head are the best places to start.

America's Cup will be amazing, as i'm doing the Larp Twisted Evil

See you soon

Muppet
Phillip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> AMERICA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: