NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wellington Cthulhu et al (New Group)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Wellington Cthulhu et al (New Group) Reply with quote

New group around the late 20s-30s age group starting up playing mainly Cthuhlu but other bits and pieces as well. Currently two or three interested people. Intent is to run a game every couple of weeks probably on a Monday night, pretty casual. Anyone interested in drop me a note or have a chat to me at WARGS.

Stuff Im keen to run:
Cthuhlu Gaslight (1880s)
Cthuhlu classic 1920s/30s
Cthulhu Now/1990s
Cthuhlu Rising (2271AD SciFi Cthuhlu - later on)
Paranoia XP (Trying it out - never GM or played before but it looks fun)
Shadowrun (Maybe)

Liam
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested. Particularly in Gaslight and Roaring 20s. Smile Are you thinking you'll have short-arc campaigns, or will you pick one of the above options for an extended run?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was going to do was run a few shorter "flavour" games to gauge how things sit with the assembled "group" then look at heading into a longer campaign later on if that's what's wanted. Gaslight and 20s definitely my preferences too!

Liam
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be at Feb Wargs, but sign me up. Smile

You can e-mail me at Mashugenah at gmail with any specific details.

When are you looking at starting up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashugenah wrote:
When are you looking at starting up?

As soon as possible! No later than the end of the month. Will coord over email with all interested parties.
Berty32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: keen-ass Reply with quote

I'm keen as well if der is still space.
Where even?
Harry Price

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: CoC fan looking to play Reply with quote

Hi Liam, I would be very interested in joining your Call of Cthulhu session. I have played and GM'd 1920's CoC a fair bit in the past...mmm, I say past...wow, it was about 18 years ago if I think back....damn, now I have made myself feel old Sad

Anyway, I have recently moved to New Zealand from the UK and this sounds like a pretty cool thing to do of an evening. I will await details on here or a PM etc with the when/where details.

Cheers
Dougnut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liam,
I'm keen to play if you have space. I couldn't make it to WARGS on the weekend as I had a wedding to go to. I work in Wargames Supply Mon to Fri if you want to come in and meet me if you haven't already. I haven't played Cthuhlu before but I have wanted to for ages. I have mostly played World of Darkness (mostly werewolf or mortals) and have been playing a lot of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay recently. I try and make characters that advance the storyline set out by the GM and fill in skill gaps in groups.
I hope to hear from you.
Doug.
my email douglasroyson at yahoo dot com dot au
Liam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARGS is this weekend I think/hope lol.
James P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having given it much thought, I too am keen for this, provided it is only fortnightly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
artemis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes WARGS is this coming Sunday. I hope to see some of you there.

Hugs

Nasia
Liam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I have more than enough people now! Plan is to run a game once a fortnight on a Monday night. Intention is to run a few shorter games to get everyone settled in and decide if they want to commit longer term. I also will look at playing across the different time periods as well to give people a flavour of each. I need to do some work to get a few games set up so will do that over the next week or so.

Once we have played a few games will look at how the group wants to go forward from there i.e. carry on with shorter games or head into a campaign of some description.

I am happy to run at my place in Karori if that is ok with everyone. There is heaps of parking but it is located at the end of Karori near the end of No 3 bus run. Happy to move closer into town if someone else is ok to host the game and it makes it easier for people for tvl etc.

I am out of the country week after next for two consecutive Mondays (25th and 3rd) so will look at running a session soon after that (10th Mar). I know it is late for next Monday (18th Feb) but can run a short 3 hr game then if people can make it. Get back to me by PM for details if you are keen for that night.

I am getting a forum set up under games which I will call Monday Night Cthuhlu for discussions etc and once set up will move across post there. I will also email everyone who has given me their email address.

I will also be at WARGS on Sunday if people want to catch up and have a chat there!
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new Forum set up called Monday Night Cthuhlu in the games section so please refer there for any further discussion around this topic.

Liam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: