NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any info yet on 2008 Saga?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owlsong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Any info yet on 2008 Saga? Reply with quote

Hey Smile I haven't heard anything about when Saga is back in the UCSA yet, and I'm wondering if anyone knows? I'm assuming it'll be sometime in the next few weeks, but actual dates would be good.

Also, is there any word on when Buckets will be this year (assuming there is one) and what games might be running?

Thanks!
Owl
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know when SAGA starts, or when BoD is (Although the UC mid-winter break covers the first two weeks of July, so my money would be on one of those weekends). You could try emailing the president at president@saga.org.nz.

As for what games might be running, I have several ideas at the moment: Contenders (a boxing game), Don't Rest Your Head (insomniacs in an alternate reality), a vietnam war game with a delicious twist, some sort of high action (perhaps wuxia) hack and slash, and A Certain Kind of Decision (the poker driven western game I ran last year).

So, as you can see, I have too many ideas to run in every slot, but I'm sure some of those will rise from the depths in July.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Owlsong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile Good to hear there are some plans underway. I'll try poking the president as well, thanks for the email addy.

"Don't Rest Your Head" sounds like one I'd be interested in, look forward to hearing more details closer to the event. Smile
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clubs day is the 26th and 27th of Februrary on C block lawn.

Here's a game blurb for a new campaign, being run by Will:

Life just doesn't get any better than this.
Or: The Franklin Gardens Development Project.
The marketing slogan clings to the old poster, the beach, the beautiful women, the water not infested with so many kinds of industrial runoff that you'd be lucky to live through the week following a swim in it.

Yeah, life doesn't get any better than this, you think sullenly, looking back out at the street around you. Storefronts are closed, their windows long since smashed in, squatters having taken up residence. Sure, once this area was a thriving suburban strip mall, now?

Now it's just scum. The local factories spew out more pollutants into the air, pump more raw industrial waste right into the river. Oh god, the river. When you were little you saw a kid get pushed into it, he lived, sure, but his skin's never been quite the same, and he'll be wheezing like that for the rest of his life.

And in the other direction, the hopeful spires of the city, the towering heights of the world of tomorrow. There's even a few shapes jetting around between the spires in the far distance, although you can't tell if they're rich kids on jetpacks, even richer kids on some form of hover board, or security fliers patrolling the borders of corporate enclaves to keep the people like you out in the cold.

Yeah, life doesn't get any better than this.

SHADOWRUN: For 4 to 6 players.
Thursdays during SAGA gaming night,
Improve your social station,
Eat recycled food,
Squabble for squatters rights with the local gangs,
Live a long and happy life,
Die content at the ripe old age of 40.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... BOD Date?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adrexia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashugenah wrote:
So... BOD Date?

Hasn't been announced yet as far as I'm aware. (...though Anarchangel's persistent bugging of the chch list will hopefully get a response soon. Very Happy )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
Mashugenah wrote:
So... BOD Date?

Hasn't been announced yet as far as I'm aware. (...though Anarchangel's persistent bugging of the chch list will hopefully get a response soon. Very Happy )

I'm cranking that wheel as fast as it will go...
My LJ
Adrexia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:
Adrexia wrote:
Mashugenah wrote:
So... BOD Date?

I'm cranking that wheel as fast as it will go...

I noticed. Thanks! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another campaign blurb:

Codym wrote:

Noble Savages

I will be starting a new D&D3.5 game commencing March 10th, in which
players will take the roles of a party of young orc warriors venturing
out from their tribe to uncover a plot against their people. I am
looking for five to six players, with sessions running on Tuesdays
gaming nights. Please note this is not an /evil /game, and will only be
using the three main core rule books with a few house rules. If you
wish to know more, contact me.

As Cody is running a game on Tuesday gaming nights, and Will is running a game on Thursday gaming nights, by a remarkable piece of deduction, I conclude that SAGA gaming will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year!
My LJ
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we're having some trouble booking a venue for BoD right now. Matt's doing his best to badger every local place big enough to host, with not much luck.

When we have a venue we'll be able to announce dates.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Thorog!
My LJ
McGig

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A date people say? 4-6 of July. Say it ain't so!

Much running around, much fuck ups, we've managed to book the UCSA ballroom. Expect more in the next couple of days.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Jesus in a Warstrider!
My LJ
McGig

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to book him. He was busy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adrexia

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGig wrote:
We tried to book him. He was busy.

How about just a Warstrider and a guy dressed as Jesus?

Congrats on finding a venue. Now I just have to figure out if I can make it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> SAGA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: