NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site 41 - Desert of Zanarkand
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Karthan - Black Moon Ascendant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5E877 (5637 AD) Sector Prime Sieyeror Sector - Outer Marches

The Admiral waited for the Navigator to complete the psi screen contact. "It is complete." the Navigator informed in its monotone voice from within his globe.

The image that appeared is of a man of undefined age, old...yet strong featured and regal. His long flowing hair silver/grey and eyes...piercing and alert. Dressed in ceremonial garb of scarlet and gold, bearing 2 Order of the Starburst medals...he sat in a an opulent room, the walls alcoved with many strange objects.
"Your Grace...I am Admiral Francik Harmon, acting on behalf of Duke Isadorn Lorraine of Sector Sieyeror...I thank you for your audience."
Gerrandor Planetagenir nodded. "I have heard that you have a situation of which I can assist, Admiral."
The Admiral sighed...this is it. "We have learned that a Class 7 Heavy Cruiser, lost in conflict 160 years ago has been discovered on PS7781...an Amber Class world...Magic. I am considering my options on this matter Your Grace."
Gerrandor leaned back on his chair and thought for a moment. "I understand Admiral, there are 129 worlds classed Amber within the borders of the 5th Emperium, due directly to the use of Magic by its indigenious peoples. Each world has proved difficult for our...science expertise to understand, hence the status. Who or what has discovered the vessel?"
"Local people, humanoid, we believe it is an expedition of some kind. We have visual and I plan to deploy 6 DSV29J remote sensors. In 2 hours I will know the compliment of those who have discovered the vessel. I have been perusing the Lennax Directive on such a world and therefore request your advice on how to proceed."
"The situation is unique on Tshallos IV, Admiral. We have settlement and are very much still learning just how...for one thing...to keep our presence well within...what is to say the least, paramaters of the powers who preside here. Can the vessel be reactivated remotely?"
"No...the class is to old for our present R systems."

The Duke acknowledged with a nod. "Due to the Directive, it is imperative Admiral that the local population do not gain the technology of the vessel in question...this would...or could lead to a dramatic change in the evolution of the indigenous race...do you understand?"
"Yes, Your Grace. The Lennax Directive is explicit in this...I am considering an interdiction mission using SV6 to control the local...expedition who has discovered the vessel. This will ensure that no one is harmed and also see if we can reactivate the vessel's systems for possible recovery."
"Have you read the reports from PS4718...the SV6 did not work in an clean up operation as you are proposing. Due to my unique situation, Admiral, any report that relates to a Amber Class world with magic comes to me...as I am the advisor to the Emperor now on these matters. I have been informed of the new SV61 been developed...is this correct?"
"It has Your Grace and tested...with great success." SV61 had proved a great deterent against...revolt and revolution.

"Then SV61 should be used...I can only advise on this matter from the reports that I have received. We have not and will not use it here on Tshallos IV...our presence here is literally...tolerated, by powers that we are well aware of...could destroy us in a moment. We are here to serve Corridor Prime...and nothing more. I would suggest in your circumstances Admrial that containment is important. Use orbital sensors where appropriate...do you have such?"
"Yes Your Grace...we have a flotilla in the system."
"Good...make use of their orbital sensors. No direct contact unless SV61 is employed first. Since it is the first that such has been reported, it will be interesting to see what these people do with this discovery. We can learn and study them...and then use SV61 to sanitise the site."
"Yes, Your Grace." The Admrial acknowledged.
"Excellent...keep me appraised of your developments Admiral."
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 7 Site 41

Kherohal completes his patrol of the 3 observation posts and is met by Khem-Dhor. “Kherohal all good?”
He nodded. “My real concern is how long this site is going to remain secret…we may end up having to fend off adventurers and any competition…like the Morgrave University. They had offices in Zanakand.”
“A concern we equally share…the college is sending a team of engineers, 26 gnomes and with them will be 40 more guards and 6 mages. The College has deemed this excavation of prime importance and there will be a full resupply at the same time when the new staff arrive. Now…5 of the guards coming in are paladins of the Templars of the Silver Flame…the college has an long standing alliance with the Church of the Silver Flame and they provide us with clerics on our expeditions in return for our reports.”
“I have worked with the Church before…and have no qualms about them being here. They will be good against any evil that finds its way here...humanoid or otherwise. The gnomes though…you know that within their society is the Trust…ever heard of it?”
“No…I only know of the Library of Korranberg.”
Kherohal nodded. “Yeah…they tend to pump that place up when they can…the Trust is their secret service…explains their very low crime rate, people just tend to disappear if they have done anything wrong. Though the Trust operates within the Gnomish Homeland, they do have agents outside, known as the Corliganos and some of them may be working for the library as well. Why do you think that NO guests or students of the college stays at the Korranberg Academic Guest House...the owners are suspected to be Corliganos.”
Khem-Dhor nodded. He was aware of the proforma that went around about that. Vital research on elemental magic finding its way to the Korranberg 2 months before it was to be officially released. It was learned during an investigation that two of the scholars in the research team had inappropriately shared the information with Fargo who proved very effecient in prying information from his guests...the guest house was now black listed by the College. "I will speak to the others about this...these gnomes have worked for us before...at Site 32 and 33, however that was well before the incident last month.

On the right side of the black artifact…now named Kalnar in his memory, the excavation team finds deep scars and openings in the fuselage of the vessel. The expedition team, under the blazing sun had worked tirelessly throughout the morning removing sand along the dark metal structure. “We could enter through here.” Nattaen one of the students said excitedly. The interior that they could see was dark but their seemed to be long piping and a corridor, tiled in blue metal.
Furza and Dreanna nodded in agreement. “Yes this could work…the wards may be damaged.” Furza suggests. He did not forget the ward that had killed his friend.
“Oh you are thinking still of magic Furza.” Dreanna remarked. “This is technology…like that created by artificers. THIS may not be from our world.” She looked up as as something glinted in the sky. The sun was bright and warm, another beautiful cloudless day. Something passed over them…small, silvery and at high speed…way above them in the blue sky. “See it?”
“Yes” Furza replied after a moment following her gaze. “What is it…it is no bird.”
“No.” Dreanna agreed. Just what is it.
“Let us send a team in now to investigate the interior.” Nattaen suggested. He could not see what they were looking at. "We have equipment and can map perhaps the first 100 metres of this corridor."
“No…wait for the gnomes…they may know best in this matter. They are knowledgeable in ways of technology...they developed the percursor of the Lightning Rail...among other devices." Dreanna replied. Yes...and the college believed they had learned their knowledge from discovering highly advanced ruins...outposts of an "alien" culture. They would be very interested in this site...and would gain from it very well...but the college planned to gain equally so for among the 6 mages was an old friend, Jalkarnar...he had visited those technology sites as well and would ensure that the research here was made available to the College...in other words...he would ensure the gnomes concealed nothing...nothing at all. “Have guards posted around this location…we will consider our options.”

She turned and moving back towards the encampment looked up and saw another object passing overhead…silent and silver in colour…followed by another and another. Just what were these…and more importantly who or what did they serve. The site has been compromised…she turned back to the others. “Prepare a team to enter the damaged area Furza. I don’t think we have a choice any longer.”
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 7 The Well of Worlds

Mak did not know what to do...the spiders had disappeared into the opening in the rocks and he looked around thinking about meeting up with Lazar. When he looked back over the rock floor of the temple he saw more spiders emerging...sheek black, hairless...their bodies glistening in the sun. They were unlike the others. They moved with purpose crossing the temple floor. Looking around and up....fearing one of them dropping down again...he saw a figure, humanoid in appearance...shrouded in a black robe surrounded by an aura of swirling blue light. The figure carried a staff made of glittering black metal and emerging from the rocks he walked slowly down the steps as the spiders, each whose sleek bodies were 1m long, gathered before the well.

The robed figure, tall and regal in appearance, his robes finely crafted and with silver and blue runes along its edging, approached the well and the spiders parted obediantly. For a moment the robed figure looked down the well then stood back and the spiders skittered lithely over the edge of the well and into the darkness within.
Enigma

Day 7 The Well of Worlds

Mak turned around hearing movement and saw Lazar moving around the rock, reaching him. "Look." Mak whispered.
"This will be interesting." he mused. They watched as the "Mage", surrounded by a blue sparkling light levitated over the well and lowered himself, disappearing in a blindling flash of blue light. "Thought so." Lazar mused. "He is in for one BIG disappointment when he reaches Karthan, only to find his magic does not work...the same with the phase spiders." He turned to Mak. "I suggest we return to the encampment...this region is beginning to...fall to chaos and instability. We must think about getting you out of here and on to your next journey. The longer you remain...may find yourself immersed in complications that may get very much out of hand."
Enigma

Flotilla 1274

In the command cell of ACG88373, Cmdr Brettan watched, among others, as the images passed through their PSI screens. About him 60 humans and droids sat before their holoscreens monitoring, recording, correlating every moment of what lay below them on the remote location...Site 41 as the local inhabitants have called it. Their language had been easy enough to translate.
"There is a breach on the right side of the drive section." Lt DKassayuey remarked as they viewed the live pictures, that was been delivered by ship sensors and the remote drones. "There are 24 humanoids gathered around the damaged section. Could they be looking at possible entry?"
"Prepare a team...no make that 2 teams with SV61...and await my orders." This may have be dealt with...but that decision does not lie with me..
"Yes Cmdr, but they seem to know where are here...see...at least 3 people have detected our drones."
The Cmdr nodded. Interesting. "Target one...for a possible abduction mission. We have not had the chance to perform any T874 examinations on the inhabitants of this world. This may become far more important than just a cleanup operation." Cmdr Bretton said. "Contact Depot at Gushege...they are the nearest depot this sector...like the Depot words, they have D77 class vessels in reserve squadrons. Find out the remote shut down codes and see if this vessel has a auto destruct system. They must have this vessel on file...posted as missing, surely."
"Yes sir." one of the droids replied.

I need to have all options available, using SV61 is the easiest...yes...to sanitise the site, remove the inhabitants elsewhere...but too easy given the Amber class nature of this world. They might just be immune to the effect. A T874 examination might be useful in this regard...the female...yes she is the more observant of the others it seems. Using the self destruct system would break the directive, but that option had to be available all the same...every option had to be considered. The decision ultimately would be made by His Grace, the Grand Duke Planetagenir.

"Cmdr...I am picking up sensor readings from the vicinity...it is located in a crater lake...256 km from the site...it is definitely technological in origin...but the readings continue to..."
Cmdr Bretttan rose up from his grav chair, the information appearing on holoscreens before him. A strange metallic platform above the surface...wiring and piping deep beneath the water. "Well done Lt. Record this separately...nothing more is to be done at this time. We are not here to investigate other matters...intriguing though this may be. We must maintain the Lennax directive in relation to the present mission. Prepare for possible SV61 interdiction in 56 Solar hours."
"Shall we continue the drone fly overs cmdr?"
He nodded. "Every 6 hours...lets get them a little restless...the drones are still useful on these primitive worlds. It will be interesting to see how they react and if they decide to enter the vessel." He turned to Lt Karman. "Contact Tshallos IV...personal to His Grace, classified Amber, pass with my compliments all information retrieved from the first recon."
"Yes sir."

Cmdr Brettan looked at his 2nd holoscreen. Reports were now coming in from two advanced scouts that K'Kree activity is being observed on the 2nd world in the system...5 KS3 class colony vessels, on the surface...at least 5,640 K'Kree in the vicinity establishing perimeters as the colony shells opened revealing self reliant fully constructed buildings on its 4 sides. In orbit 2 K15 Rikkelon class destroyers and 8 K19 Teiikal class cruisers. Their technology though Inter-Stellar, was still well behind 5th Emperium developments, T/L 11 at best (our latest developments was approaching T/L 20). The D77 cruiser is T/L 14, which is why reserved fleets of their class still existed, many now modified with the new A6 Particle Accelerator. [i][b]The K'Kree military vessels are flawed, often sacrificed shielding and speed for heavy weapons and visa versa. Attempts at diplomacy had failed...and their borders now transgressed 3 of our Outer Reach sectors, of which the Jhonrollar Sector was one.

The K'Kree are warlike...aggressive and a thorn in the 5th Emperium expansion plans for nearly 400 years. I remember my daughter saying they looked like an old earth creature...long extinct...Home was destroyed 2,400 years ago and to this day remains lost...know one knows its location anymore. But my daughter researched this creature...insect and told me..."a Praying Mantis, father, that is what they look like" And viewing the few pictures that still existed of Home's lifeforms...yes there was a resemblance...remarkable resemblance. The K'Kree could tolerate worlds of extreme heat, equally as worlds such as Eberron. And Eberron is the 4th world...and with a K'Kree presence on the 2nd world...Eberron may warrant more attention that it could have ever wished for.
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 7 Evening Site 41

Deanna was frustrated. She had wanted the search of the interior of the artifact to have begun...but Gailan had stopped her. "Well..." she asked impatiently. "Did you contact Lazar."
"Yes." Kherohal replied. "He is sending Mack back immediately. I think this is wise...he was able to manipulate the hatch. He seems to have some knowledge that could help to assess whether the damaged area is safe. He is unique with his skill as an artificer."
"We discussed this matter extensively and yes we took that into account...which is why we have not decided to send any team in as yet." she sighed. Look Kherohal, do not get me wrong...I just have this sense...we are in danger here...we must learn what we can...before..."
"Before what?" Kherohal asked concerned. "I have placed our posts on alert as you requested...we can do nothing more until the second group arrives. Another group of those flying objects have been seen...6 hours since the last. Do you know where they are coming from. My people are beginning to talk...what do I say to them."
Dreanna looked skyward. Yes...that is where they were coming from...but where in the void? She turned to Kherohal. "Tell them...they are magical seekers...another group or University has become interested in this site."
Kherohal nodded and left. He was not convinced.
Enigma

Day 7 Night - Well of Worlds

Lazar nodded and turned to Mak. "You are needed back at the encampment. They have found a damaged area that could be accessed in the vessel. But just remember be careful. I am still making arrangements to see your transferrence to Karthan...obviously your unique skills at the hatchway has made some impression...hmmm...this is something. I will make some arrangements here and follow you...go...they want to enter as soon as you return."
Enigma

Mak's head swirled in astonishment at the strange creatures and events he had witnessed recently. Understanding the urgency of this request, he gathered his gear and made haste to reach the encampment of Site 41. This Lazar seemed trustworthy enough, but equally Mak knew he was keeping something secret. But what? This knowledge of a new world was bewildering, but Mak had already agreed he will go and after encountering the strange goblinoid creatures on his patrol he knew that the world would be harsh indeed. But if he could make a difference there, he would certainly try to do so.
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 8 - The Vessel

Mak returns shortly after midnight, finding his night travel pleasant in the cool air, under a starlit sky. Before he left, Lazar had told him not to speak of the Well of Worlds or the Azgeyr that had come through…only to be taken by the spiders. “For the moment the Well is not a threat to the site…and as such, there is no need to concern anyone with this. Since I will be remaining here after you have gone…I will continually reassess the situation as I check on activity at the Well.” Mak approached outpost 3 and was challenged and he replied appropriately. A system of identification had been put in place by Kherohal and Lazar to help identify the ranging scouts…but the outpost personnel also had nightsight and as he approached one of them called. “Hey Mak. How are you.”
“Is everything ok…?”
“Quiet down you two.” Someone growled…and Kherohal emerged from the darkness. “Lazar hinted about now would be your time of arrival. Welcome back.” They climbed down the rope ladder into the encampment and the kitchen had an evening meal ready and afterwards over an ale Kherohal told Mak why he had returned. “Earlier today there was a discussion about whether to enter the breach in the side of the…vessel. The plan was to wait for the gnomes and mages to arrive in 2 days…but it seems we are being watched, by metal flying objects, MFO’s as the guards are calling them. Every 6 hours they have flown over and the last fly over was 3 hours ago…only the ½ elves among us heard them…one thought he saw something…”
“What did the objects look like when they were flying and have they harmed anyone.”

“They look like well…silver darts with thin wings…Dreanna has done some drawings based on her own observations and that is what they look like to me. I have only seen glimpses of them and heard them too …a humming sound…very quiet. No one has been harmed. Anyway, because of this, Dreanna and the others have decided to at least do a preliminary search of the vessel. And that is where you come into it. At dawn you are going into the vessel through the breach. They don’t want you to go to far…just check out a corridor they have seen beyond the hull…or whatever. Primarily look for any traps, like the one that well…incinerated Kalnar. If you are able to understand these traps at best, then perhaps you can train the others on what too look for. The gnomes of course will be the ones who will deactivate them…that is the plan anyway.”
“Has any one bypassed it yet?”
“No.”
“They could be a metal construct….a powerful wizard may have done this…”
“Well…hopefully Mak you could provide the answers.”

The day dawned bright, a reddish sun climbing above the desert floor. After a hearty breakfast, Mak fetches his equipment and leaves the ravine, making his way down the right side of the huge tube shaped vessel…its thin wing strut still partially buried. A mental calculation had 500m of this vessel partially uncovered and if you take the ravine and the spire into account…about 900m long. And still some of it was buried in sand and rock. Mak saw a number of students at work removing sand from around the breach area and was joined by Dreanna, Furza Dryk and Gailan.
“I will show you the corridor we have found.” Dreanna said. “No one has gone in yet…we are hoping with your skills to determine whether it is safe or not.”
“I will follow you in Mak and help remove anything you may find.” Gailan said. “Sherok and Cordel, will accompany me.”
The breach was about 4t tall, a rented scar where the skin of the vessel had been struck by something powerful, blackening and fusing the edges of the hull, which was about 1m thick. Beyond a mass of piping following the hull section, but broken here. Beyond that another hull…and a corridor…or a room perhaps, of blue tile like sheets.

Passing between the broken metal piping, some of which contained hundreds of thin strands inside, he reached the other hull and peering through…he saw the blue tiled room with a corridor beyond. Mak saw a mess…broken furniture made of metal…it was hard to think what function this room had. Shelving against the wall was still intact but there were thick books strewn over the floor…the pages shiny. He looks at the books…shiny pages with diagrams and lettering…of a language unknown to Mak. Looking around he sees Gailan watching from the entrance to the room…a look of amazement on his face.

Mak put the books in the sack provided and hands them through to Gailan who passes them on to Cordel. Mak sees a strange object on the floor and it looks to him like a white metal tube, 15cm long and 1cm in diameter…there are 3 coloured indentations, red, blue and green. It looks like a wand….

The red sees the tube glow for a moment then something unfolds outwards coming out of the left of the tube…very thin…like a sheet of paper, like a scroll unfolding, gray in colour, about 30cm in length. He runs his hand across it…and through it!!!!! The sheet is unaffected, does not disappear or change form…an illusion of some kind? Pressing the blue button deactivates the sheet…and it folds swiftly back into the tube.

Mak hands it to Gailan. “How does it work, Mak?” Mak shows him and Gailan presses the red…nothing happens. Tries again nothing happens. “Are you sure Mak?” Gailan asks handing it to him. “Try again yourself.”
Mak touches the red and the thin grey sheet folds out…
Gailan tries again and it does not work!!!! “Why is it working for you.” He asks exasperated. “I am like you Mak…half elven…it seemed to work for you…but not for me. Are there any more of these?”
Perhaps I am related, Mak thinks. I will take one of these for myself.

Mak looks around moving the debris from the floor and finds 2 more…which both work…both unfolding grey sheets. Gailan tries one of them…does not work. “There is something not right about this Mak.” He passes them onto Cordel, while Mak investigates the corridor. Looking down he could see the corridor was long…and their were branches…doors, the floor covered in debris from a collapsed part of the roof further down. He saw bodies…dressed in uniform lying on the floor. As he entered the corridor he was suddenly surrounded by a white light and loses consciousness.
Enigma

Flotilla 1274, Command vessel: Therelis 6: ACG88373

“We have a target.” One of the droids states. “He is entering the corridor…and has activated one of the psi screens.”
Cmdr Brettan turns to Lt Garrishell. “This is unusual, how could an indigenous species activate the psi screen…they are race specific. This changes things…I am going ahead with T874, is the facility ready?”
“Yes sir. We are ready for T874 procedure…all requisite personnel are standing by. Should we not get approval from Sector Prime sir.” The Lt asks uneasily.
“No…if this individual activated a psi screen…I want to know why. No harm is to come with this subject…he is to be returned once examination is complete…but he is to be tagged for future examination.”
“Yes sir, it shall be done.”
“Then do it now.” The decision was made.
“Teleport activated.”
Enigma

8 hours later, Flotilla 1274, Command vessel: Therelis 6: ACG88373

Cmdr Brettan looked at as Dr Hennecke entered. “I see the subject has been returned Dr…interestingly, the reaction of the others was as one would expect. Now lets forget the medical terminology, not my line of work…I will read your report momentarily. But I am intrigued, how did he activate the psi screen.”
“His DNA matches within 3 variants to you or I…the difference being that he is half elven. The difference in the DNA structure of the humanoids of this world, from the few samples that we have is 7 variants from us…the norm with humanoid races in general. I can only conclude that there must have been survivors from the D77 and the subject is the son of one of those survivors.”
160 years ago…it is possible that the subject could be a son. It would depend on access to the Merzan life prolonging drug. Without it…he could live till 180 years…with Merzan, one’s life could be extended to 500 years. “If there are survivors…some could still be alive.”
The Doctor nodded. “Living…married…and sired children. In this subjects case…the survivor married either a full blooded elf or half elf. This explains the variant level of 3.”

“But still enough to activate a psi screen.”
“Yes…he was found with one of those…and following your orders, he was returned with it. Hmm…160 years ago, the psi screens were race specific as they are now, but there were fewer races they were attuned to…as part of the 4th Emperium. Nine specifically, humanoid, Solomani, humanoid, Farazhai, humanoid, Denebian, the Rhetton, Gimmenon, Tandura, Xactlan, Kaitlan and Voragor. Now it is 25 races. The subject is Solomani in descent.”
Solomani, 75 percent of the 5th Emperium's citizens were Solomani, myself included. “And his equipment…some are magical you reported?”

“Yes…2 rings and an amulet and his leather armour. They seem to radiate an unusual form of energy…we are still determining just what form this energy takes...we have not classed it as magical, we might not find out, Cmdr.”
“Look at the files from Tshallos IV…I will give you clearance, you will find records on similar investigations with items they have managed to purchase through trade. You tagged him as requested?”
“Yes…with the latest implant. Is it not registering?"
"What is the Ident."
"Yes...S68723894."
The Psi screen activated, hovering in front of him and the Cmdr entered the T874 and spoke the Ident...yes...there he was, in a tent with companions around him.
"Would you like us to perform a DNA scan of the planets surface…to determine whether there are survivors. It could take some time.”
Cmdr Brettan considered the request. The K’Kree is my prime objective. But this…the possibility of survivors could not be ignored as well. “Go ahead…also scan for any lifeboats…Depot will give you the details on model and design. Also forward your full report to Tshallos IV using the Gold 4 code.”
“At once Cmdr.”
Enigma

Day 8 Site 41 - return/recovery

Mak awakens and looks around…he is in his tent. Lazar, Gailan and Dreanna are there. “He is coming around.” Dreanna observes relieved. “There are no obvious injuries on him at all.”
“May be so…but something happened…he disappeared for 8 hours Dreanna.” Lazar remarked firmly. “What exactly happened. Did you search yourself…you were there?”
“You know already.” Gailan said impatiently. “How many times do I have to tell you!!!!”
“Mak…can you here me…how do you feel.” Dreanna intercedes.

“Where am I ….all I remember was a bright light.”
“Mak…we do not know what happened. Gailan reported that he saw you surrounded by a beam of light of some kind…”

Flash of white light…a room…people peering over him, talking in a strange language…a sense of urgency about them. He was lying on a table of some kind…naked…how embarrassing!!!! They appear…humanoid…finely dressed perhaps doctors…or healers of some kind…some are wearing masks…strange sounds and lights from the wall…it fades. “I think some people took me away and I do not know anything else. Where did yo guys find me.”
“In the corridor.” Dreanna replied. “Yes the general theory is that you were teleported somewhere…but no magic was ever detected.”

“Look…let him rest.” Lazar suggested. “Look on him later…by then he may be up to a hearty meal.” The others nod and leave reluctantly and Lazar turns to Mak. “Teleport yes…playing dumb is not my idea of having fun. Now relax for a moment.” Mak nods and he sees a flash of intense bluish green light from Lazar’s eyes…he sensed power unlike anything he had encountered before. “So…you possess a genetic impression that is different…one must consider Mak that you may have been able to activate the “wand” because…one of your parents may have been a survivor from the crew of this vessel. What do you know about your family…”
Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 9 Encounter/Memory

Needing time alone, Mak travels out for a time, lost in his own thoughts. He was remembering more...the questioning, samples of skin and blood taken...small globe shaped humming devices moving by their own means over his body.

Tonight is the time I leave for Karthan…a new home.

Near the edge of the escarpment and perhaps 9 miles from the encampment Mak hears the sounds of shouting and movement beyond the dune ahead. Climbing carefully…and slipping twice, for the sand is very loose, he reaches the top and peering over sees a group of nomads, 6 in all, combating 4 strange looking creatures…about 7 feet long, with green hard looking skin that exuded a greenish hue around it…6 legs, two razor sharp pincers…each with strange metallic attachments…their faces were covered by a strange looking mask. 4 thin antennae rose from their angled heads…the masks contouring over large faceted eyes. They reminded Mak of a painting he had seen at an old ruin of a arachnid demon called Bebilith. But these creatures were green hued, and not mottled and misshapen like the Bebilith. Two of the 6 nomads fall…struck by a bluish bolt of light emitting from the attachment strapped around the pincers. Another 3 bolts issue forth, the remaining 4 fading as a swirling circle of dust surrounds them and grows outwards…the creatures retreating back quickly and lithely.

One day, you will travel worlds like I have. They will come for us. The voice in his mind stunned Mak and losing footing he rolled down the dune…on the side he had climbed, coughing up sand and dust. The battle beyond the dune continued and swirling sand whirled above the dune. Who was that? It sounded familiar…

What to do?
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Evening day 9: Departure Reply with quote

Evening Day 9: Departure

That evening Mak, gathered his equipment and followed Lazar into the desert north of Site 41. “I have prepared a place for you Mak.”
“What do I have to do?”
“Just sleep. Then the journey will begin.”
They reached a shallow depression, in which was laid out a blue blanket. “Is this it?”
Lazar smiled. “Did you expect a ceremony perhaps…something fancy. This is it. Remember the journey begins with the High Kings will…not mine.” He reaches for a potion. “Take this when you are ready. It will help calm the mind and body, stabilize both for the journey forward.”

Mak sat down on the blanket.
“Any last regrets…as humans would say?”
Mak shook his head. “I want to do this.”

“Then take the potion lie down and relax. Make sure your equipment is touching your body, so it can journey with you.”
Mak nodded. He took the potion and lay down and Lazar checked to ensure the equipment was laid out correctly. “I wish you well on your journey. I look forward to meeting you in Karthan in the near future.”

Mak nodded and was soon asleep. Lazar watched in the clear starlight darkness, the quiet comforting. Looking back at the spire, he saw a brief flash of light atop it and turning to Mak…he was gone. Good luck on your journey. He folded the blanket and made his way back to the encampment. He had prepared for the following day, when Mak would be found missing.
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 Irrendyrer34 LE8754: The Dark Tower

The Tome sitting on the ornate pedestal opened and Khios looked up from the manuscript he was reading. Concentrating...the words came to him. Dark Blue writing...essence. Inlaid with silver...the Ilmaren.

The words came slowly...intermittently. "Two worlds apart in...vast expanses...time and space...now briefly joined...by WILL...time...space folds...in that realm beyond senses...It has ended...two worlds...now apart...again...time and space returns...to equilibrium....passage has ended."

Khios smiled. Alnuathor...just what are you up to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Karthan - Black Moon Ascendant All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: