NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Campaign Year - LE8755 Events - Karthan Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Karthan - Black Moon Ascendant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: k030 1guiaranor30 Reply with quote

K030: Day 030; 1Guiaranor30

Kornoril Lefhathin meets with Elwenor and explains the discovery beneath the University of Tir, providing him with transcriptions of the runic language along the structures four faces.
“What you have found is a Sun Pyramid.” Elwenor informs surprised by the discovery. “I never thought to find them here.”
“What is the purpose of this…pyramid as you call it?”
“Their purposes vary. Consider this is underground…which is unusual in itself, it could be a repository of some kind, or a marker or part of a grid. I can help you with the language…but I would suggest contact with Daishur about the discovery.”
“That will have to be decided by the Imperial Court...we have no embassy from this Daishur that I know of. What do you mean, part of a grid?”
“From what we know, there are a number of these pyramids in special locations and we know this because an expedition discovered one such pyramid in dense forests on the continent of Rinaira and evidence at the site indicated that this location was essential to the structure as well as its alignment and positioning to two other pyramids, both centers of religious observance to the therim races that reside there. We have seen the pyramids throughout Elithaan and today the Priesthood of Arias remains an essential part of many kingdoms and empires on all 4 continents as well as on the island chains.”
“Is this religion prevalent throughout Attalante?” Kornoril asked.
“No, our religion is similar to yours, revering the Ilmaren.”
“Where is this Daishur and have you contacted them?”
“Daishur lies in the southern continent at its centre. We have been trading with them for millennia and more recently through ports at Phembar and Hellatrix as those kingdoms were founded and diplomatic contact established with them. Daishur is presided over by the priesthood of Arias, the first ever established religion. The discovery of the pyramid here in Karthan could indicate the religion may have existed here at one time, but it is underground…I don’t think we have ever recorded a pyramid located beneath the ground. I would like to see it, could that be possible?”
“Yes. Perhaps after the Holy Festival has passed…as the university will be closed over the period…as it is for all the festivals.”
“Oh…yes of course The Holy Festival of Elenmire begins tomorrow. I am visiting a village in Peleannor to view celebrations and experience the festival from a rural perspective.”
“As will myself and my family.” Kornoril said smiling. “We are leaving in a few hours for home, a village that borders onto the Malduin Hills to enjoy the festival.” He paused for a moment. “You have given me much to think about and I thank you. Anything your delegation could give us on Daishur and the priesthood would be much appreciated, enabling us to understand this pyramid as you call it.”

“Elatan! What a pleasant surprise.”
“Lonarwaen. I thought to arrive at an appropriate time.” The young bard replied joining the Empress on the balcony…aware that Alladan was there as well. Outside it was night and rain was lightly falling. In the near distance, beyond the walls of the palace, the tall spire of the Church of Elenmire glowed like a beacon, welcoming those who had undertaking the pilgrimage for the Holy Festival of Elenmire.
“You always do.” Lonarwaen said smiling. “What brings you here?”
“Bali will be accompanied by one other for the returning. Bali has spoken about him before to you, the one that is now two.”
“Oh…I thought you were going to say it was yourself.”
Elatan smiled. “Alnuathor and myself in the same room…”
“Why not. I was hoping you would be here…well, one could say you are here all the time…here and everywhere all at once.”
“I will be watching and wishing all goes well. I was rather surprised that Alnuathor availed himself in this matter.”
“He was at the War Council, as was Stormwing…Bali informed me so.”
Elatan nodded. “I wish you well Lonarwaen and we will speak again soon. I am now going to the Church of Elenmire and perform to the good people there. I do so enjoy been a bard, such a satisfying profession, and one so right for this empire. Why not be there in say an hour Lonarwaen. It is an appropriate time to thank the blessed Elenmire for all that she has done to aid your people.”
"Oh I would love too."
vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: k031 1Guiaranor031 Reply with quote

K031: Day 031; 1Guiaranor31

First day of the Holy Festival of Elenmire. Ordained Patriarch visits the Church of Elenmire in Cerberus along with Empress Lonarwaen to attend ceremonial dedications along with members of the Imperial Court and Thier-Deboraen and 120,000 citizens. The Ordained Patriarch deliver the church’s blessing over all citizens. But it is the High Priestess dedications are sought after as she literally becomes the embodiment of Elenmire for the next 3 days, glowing of starlight and throughout the dedication, prophesizes “…eyes and minds will be opened and veils of grayness removed…”

Throughout the empire all those stricken with sickness or injury are brought by family members to the churches of Elenmire in the cities, towns, villages and hamlets and there before the white aura of the goddess, all are instantly healed, the aura lasting for the next 3 days as well as the instant healing blessing. For the nomadic tribes of Lamenvale and Kandraith, the Nantherim, Karnirutherim and Khisan, they meet in their traditional holy places in the few towns and cities, where shamans oversee ceremonies and the healing blessing. The blessing excludes those of evil and chaos alignments.

As night descends, a group of recently created undead are destroyed by the starlight of the clear night…the only undead to walk these nights. For all others know that to be visible under the stars during the next 3 nights…means their destruction. As with the other festivals, servants and the cursed of Mocrare are incapable of shape changing beyond their human forms. Azgeyr and Osgeyr find the starlight blinds them and usually remain within their holds.

In Eksharan, Alnuathor and Stormwing counsel on the prophecy spoken by the High Priestess. “The High Priestess knows nothing of the Shades of Grey but she virtually spoke openly of them.”
“Without directly referring to them.” Alnuathor replied. “I wonder what the High Priestess saw…there is only two possibilities, either Alladan or my rather interesting guest I have brought here.”
“With Alladan, you will be returning what would be considered a Shade of Grey…providing Elatan allows this?” Stormwing remarks
Alnuathor nods thoughtfully. “If Tarkhorizarnn has a weakness it is when he assumes human forms, such as the bard. Befriending Lonarwaen…Bali Foehammer, yes does tend to bring out the emotion of the form assumed. The same I can say of myself. I was very interested in the surprise observed from the Ordained Patriarch. Perhaps his and the church’s rather unique relationship with Benneta is finally going to come under scrutiny.”
“Do you know who…or what Benneta is?”
“Yes I do.”
vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: k032 1guiaranor032 Reply with quote

K032: Day 032; 1Guiaranor32

Second day of the Holy Festival of Elenmire. Pilgrims visit the Church of Elenmire where each gets to speak with the High Priestess. Among the pilgrims are a group from Mhalafrei who managed to cross the border with the help of a Star Crusader patrol, 3 weeks ago. To one, a young cleric who had been in hiding for the last 3 years she says. “I see a time of great change but the end will see the province renewed as it once was.”

On this day the nobility of the empire hosts a banquet attended by the Elders of his fiefdom and clerics of the churches. Visiting paladins and servants of the Ilmaren are also invited to attend as guests. This is the tradition of the second day of each of the festivals, tradition that goes back many generations.

That evening the people gather in the churches througout the empire to hear their clerics of Elenmire recite the dedication of the High Priestess spoken yesterday at the Church of Elenmire in Cerberus.

Empress Lonarwaen informs the High Steward that she will be unavailable for any duties tomorrow and he is to represent her when meeting with the Attalante delegation.
“Your Majesty…where will you be.” And what will you be doing?
“I will not be leaving the city. And should you seek to inquire further, this particular matter is private for the moment yet you will learn of it soon enough. Suffice to say I am entertaining two guests, one you know, Bali Foehammer, the second a friend of his.”
The High Steward nods and after he leaves, Lonarwaen sighs and removes the silver Starfire ring from the drawer and places it back on her finger. “Tomorrow Alladan…tomorrow.”
“Yes tomorrow my love, life will begin anew again.” Alladan replied.
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: k033 1guiaranor033 Reply with quote

K033: Day 033; 1Guiaranor33

Third and final day of the Holy Festival of Elenmire. The Hall of Stars is opened for private prayer by citizens as they reminisce over the past year and share hopes for the next year. The Hall of Stars has 250 6ft tall statues in a vast sunken chamber the domed roof a mirror image of a star map as the stars would appear at that given time, day or night.

The Returning I. The last of the Star Fire Kings, Alladan, and approx 10,000 of his people held in magical stasis are reawakened as Alnuathor, the Silvarana High King, uses his unique powers of re-creation to create the physical forms of the spirits that had lain in stasis. The event is witnessed by Stormwing, Empress Lonarwaen, King Bali Foehammer of Khadazar and Mak of Eberron.

As evening descends, the sky clear and starlit, many of the citizens gather with family and community outside in city and town squares, before the church in the villages and hamlets, at camps and wayside stations to bless the Star Goddess. In many of the towns and villages the blessing is followed by a communal meal, prepared by the Church.
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: k034 2Thardeth01 Reply with quote

K034 Day 034: 2Thardeth01

Representatives of the Attalante delegation visit the pyramid below the University of Tir. One mentions in passing that the Sunpriests of Arias probably do not know the pyramid is here. “We generally have surmised that the priests today do not know how this pyramid grid works or what its purpose it. They are hiding behind the belief other’s think they do…and it has been like this for centuries.”
"What do you mean?" one of the scholars ask.
"Well we have always felt the Sunpriests knew their how the what we call the World Grid worked...it is not common knowledge that such exists, but I have been allowed to pass this onto you. Over the pat 500 or so years, the rulers of Daishur have undergone successive dynasties and each upheaval has produced a loss of knowledge and power. The reality of what they are now is a far cry from what they were a thousand years ago."
"Why is that?" The scholar asked as they both move away from the main group looking at the many symbols and glyphs on the pyramids south face.
"We believe Benneta my be involved." Iughan says quietly.
The scholar, Gwawqn is surprised. "There is a rumour that the Church has Benneta has it's patron diety. Only a very few know this...and I found out through a representative to the Church."
"How did he find out?"
"I believe it was in counsel about the assassination of the Imperial Family. The Ordained Patriarch blamed the servants of Kharagh and one priest challenged that saying the patron, Benneta was wrong and challenged it's history."
"What happened to the priest?" Iughan asks
"He went insane...and disappeared. It must have been 4 years ago now. What are you saying...there is a possible conflict here...of ancient beliefs."
"Why is there this pyramid beneath your empire. that is the question you should be asking...and seeking the answer thereof." Iughan replies. "It may answer many other questions about your past...and that which is beyond your knowledge, beyond the time that you last have recorded history of in your records."

The second muster of wild horses begins in Lamenvale. The Imperial Court has requested a further 120,000 horses to be trained as warhorses.

“Tech Marker 6” 27,000 meters above the desert plains north of the Tarascan Mountains abruptly reverses course and heads back towards the mountains and the empire on a SE course. Losan-Stravin prepare for a 2nd attempt at gaining entry into the domed structure.

Last edited by vampyre on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: k035 2Thardeth02 Reply with quote

K035 Day 035: 2Thardeth02

The first of 6 major beer festivals begins in Messina. Each year 3 are held in each of the two cities, each lasting 4 days. There are 36 ales competing for prizes, 32 from Monorovia and 4 from Karthan. At stake is a prestige sovereign label from the Monorovian government, which will last the year. Observers and merchants have arrived as far away as Losan-Stravin, Arkulan, Hellatrix and Phembar. Members of the Attalante delegation are here as well to sample the brews, one of them, a wine maker, a guest judge.

That evening, the silver white blade of the White Sword flashes briefly. The High Priestess is made aware that the sword’s new wielder is drawing near to the Imperial Capital.

Last edited by vampyre on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: k036 2Thardeth03 Reply with quote

K036 Day 036: 2Thardeth03

Thereck mercenaries raid into Lethrai, attacking merchant caravans outside the city of Shakkol. The Duke responds in kind and hunts them down with Beastmasters and Rangers attacking their encampments that night. No quarter is given.

Beneath Cerberus, the Lord Magic Users and senior officers are awoken and briefed by their King, Alladan. He counsels with them on the changes in time and his love for the Empress. The Sulthalion and Valandor are there in ethereal form watching over them as requested by their High King.
"They represent a past distasteful to us." one remarks.
"Oh really...feeling guilty are we, now that we are in our ascended form, shedding that which comes with a physical form." Lianna muses. "You are doing this at the behest of our father and do not forget that."
Another laughs. "Oh so rightous you. Your road in this world is one of quaint pleasures...you enjoy the physical form and what it brings you, disgusting as it is."
"Oh yes and coming from you moreso. These mortals may not have ascended but at least in physical form, they have emotions and feelings...what say you?"
"How dare you!!!!" the Sulthalion exclaims angered.
Lianna smiles. "oh emotion, albeit negative. I would say our father is watching on. Perhaps he has brought you here to learn a lesson...of what may come in the near future. Do you dare question our father?"
Silence.
"Then watch and learn." Lianna says. "These humans are going to help save this world at greater loss than we will ever have. Perhaps that is the lesson of us been here...to learn about what it is going to be like to feel sacrifice"

The High Priestess keeps vigil on the White Sword, awaiting its chosen wielder.

Last edited by vampyre on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: k037 2Thardeth04 Reply with quote

K037 Day 037: 2Thardeth04

As the sun draws high in the clear sky the High Priestess 3 clerics are attending to pilgrims in the Hall of Stars. Among them is a family who had journeyed for the festival and arrived late due to weather and delays with the merchant caravans. Arriving earlier in the day they went to the Golden Bow Inn where rooms had been arranged thanks to the child bard, Elatan, who visited their village 8 weeks ago. The family’s son, Muehn had won a storyteller competition in their village and Elatan had gifted him and his parents and two sisters a week long pilgrimage to Cerberus. Though late they were by a week, their rooms were still available and paid for. The family spends much of the afternoon at the Church.
While at the Hall of Stars the family’s eldest daughter prays before one of the statues. “We do wish for your blessings on my uncle and great uncle both of whom have fallen from grace.” The daughter says. “It was so nice to see my uncle Kainan home again after all these years. I remember him just as a child and he was nice then reading me stories about great heroic deeds from times past as well as stories of life and the beauty of all the things around us. Then he left, after an argument with my great uncle who was a monk in the good service of the church. We did not know then but our great uncle had changed…assuming a evil form driven by his power to desire such at any cost. He became evil and brought terror and fear on our village and others, my father and mother so ashamed by his actions that they sought to commit suicide to redeem the family. It was thanks to our wonderful priest he convinced them the family name and their lives were more important than the evil that my great uncle brought to our land. He said that they were not responsible for the consuming power that one sought in his greed and becoming evil in doing so. When Uncle Kainan returned just a month ago we were all glad to see him, though he too had taken a dark road he told me, a road that he said was concealed by the shadows of the night and the silence of his deeds. I told him about our visit to Cerberus for the Festival and he was heartened saying that we all should go and he helped make the arrangements to get us here and for that I thank him. He also said that he would avenge the family name and seek my great uncle and ensure he does not threaten the land about us again. I so wish beyond all heart and spirit that uncle Kainan will succeed and in this endeavour see the goodness the world has to offer…he has lived the road of darkness for so long. Please bring him back to the one I used to know…as I do still love him greatly. When he smiles it is not one of darkness but true affection and love and his stories are still wonderful to hear of the great cities he has visited. He keeps that darkness of him apart when he shares with us what it is like to live in a great city. I thank you for listening to me oh great star goddess, whose light is everywhere day and night and blessings to you from a humble servant.” With that she lays a white orchid before the statue a gift from her uncle Kainan.
She looks up and sees a young female priest watching on and nods approving joining her. "Your blessings have been heard and the goddess speaks to me....yes...are you willing to follow a road that takes you to darkness given that the light of the goddess will always be with you?"
The girl breathes deeply, surprised. "Me...yes of course...I love her so very much."
"Then the road ahead is one I cannot tell you...I cannot even ask your name, the goddess has forbidden it...this is important. You have a great and blessed future with the goddess." They both embrace and the girl sheds tears on what she has prayed for and what the priestess has shared with her.

That evening Empress Lonarwaen counsels with the High Priestess, who informs her she believes the new bearer is in the city.
“Do we know who he is…a paladin or cleric I would assume.” Lonarwaen replies excited by the news.
“There are still many pilgrims visiting the church and among them yes are her servants.” The High Priestess replied. “We can only watch and wait. Our vigil continues.”
“What will happen when the bearer is unveiled?”
“I do not know. I believe at that moment, the sword itself will instruct us. And we must follow it without question. Within the blade is a shard of Suklynaror, the evening star…our blessed goddess’s manifestation in the night sky.”
Lonarwaen nods thoughtfully. “Keep me informed and I thank you.”

The Felandorf expedition is attacked by giants approximately 800 meters from the summit. 4 climbers are killed and 2 survivors spend the night in cover of a snow cave before returning barely alive to the encampment. Reaching the encampment they find it destroyed and their Karnirutherim guides slain. With no way of contacting for help, they pick up what they can and descend the mountain.

“I need my people where you need them most Lonarwaen.” Alladan informs quietly. Both were in her private chambers drinking wine and looking at a large map of the empire. “Over the next month or so, my people will be awakened in groups and taught by your scholars and sages on what we need to know. But will this be enough. I am thinking that perhaps my people and I have spoken to my lords already concerning this…we should prepare to join Bali Foehammer’s planned attack.”
“My love your people should be where they can interact and be among the citizens again.” Lonarwaen says. “I have put plans in…”
“Dear heart, we can do this after the war.” He said smiling. “You have informed few of our returning?”
“Only Parnael’s and those scholars and sages approved for teachings…even then the story they have been told is different as you requested.”
“Then we should keep it that way.” Alladan says quietly. “Bali’s force is secret and we should remain so ourselves for this year and this year only. I myself is different, we should announce our engagement but not identify who I am, except what we have both agreed upon. Let us not give the enemy any more information than they need. If Bali’s plan is to cut the northern invasion force at it’s center and create a second front he will need all the help he can get.”
“He has quite an army I believe…many Karnirutherim will be joining him from the mountains. Look I had just hoped you would be part of the Star Crusaders…”
My dear love. Too many questions will be asked. This will take time to prepare…we can deploy in numbers at Bali’s behest and one might never know, our presence there may aid and enhance his forces even more.”
“But you will have too lead my love.”
“Yes, at the time when it is needed. Not before. My love, plans though we may have had throughout the years we have been together must always been looked at and refined. This is the here and now, my people are coming back…we must do this so that the enemy gets the full effect of our return for the good of every citizen in the empire.”
Lonarwaen smiles. “Bali might say we are having well…a argument…not something I expected.”
Alladan puts his arm around her shoulders. “Argue with you love. No…you are the present I am the past. I only wish to ensure that when the time comes, we will give the Lord of Chaos and this Lord Marshall of his…something they will not forget.”
“And we will long remember.” Lonarwaen whispers. “I will need to talk with Bali on this, but I can see your reasoning.”

That night the girl who visited the Hall of Stars dreams...
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: K037 2 Thardeth37 1 Reply with quote

K037 Day 037: 2Thardeth04 1

…and she passes priests as she climbs the stairs seemingly they do not see her at all. She enters a corridor lined with beautiful statues of the goddess, shining in the brilliant light of the stars that she created…beautiful, oh so beautiful. Between the tall statues of the Goddess are Paladins, standing their guard, resplendent and awe inspiring…perhaps they were champions once as she feels their power and ultimate service to the Goddess of the Stars, Elenmire.

“Oh you look beautiful.” The girl whispers.
At the end of the corridor is a door that opens…yet none of the guards see and she enters. Before her is the White Sword, raised on a pedestal in the center of the room, the light illuminating so powerful and…she touches the White Sword…and it sings to her, beautiful melody sounds and it welcomes her.
“Do not be afraid, I have awaited you.” The Sword sings to her, so welcoming and enchanting.
The girl does not know what to do but feels the power of the sword coursing through her body.
“Our road begins…and you my servant shall bring to the world what will be needed to defeat the Lord of Chaos.” The White Sword informs. “Here…your road…your future lies with me and what you will bring to the world that is Karthan.”
"But....why me?"
"You are the chosen from my heart...and my heart is that of the Goddess that I serve. Do not be concerned...you will have the empire to support you when the time comes...welcome me and the Goddess awaits you."

Nervously she touches the White Sword again and they become one…and disappear.
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: k038 2Thardeth 04 2 Reply with quote

K038: Day 037: 2Thardeth04 2

Deep below the foundations of Cerberus Empress Lonarwaen counsels with the Sulthalion and Valandor as those who have been returned are teleported to a prepared forest reserve on coast of the peninsula.
“It is better that they see the world outside.” Lianna says, having just returned. “There are numerous Valandor that reside in the forest reserve and are looking forward to caring for your new guests. They need to see, smell and experience the outside world.”
Lonarwaen nods. This had been discussed the past 2 days…and now with Alladan’s idea of strengthening Bali’s forces at Khadazar, it could mean months in the mountain fortress. “Can I leave this with you…another matter has drawn my attention.”
Lianna smiled and nodded. “The White Sword has gone.”
Lonarwaen looks at her…she was the most open of all the Sulthalion here…and the one more comfortable in a physical form.
Lianna smiles sensing all to well the Perintherim’s thoughts. “It is an artifact…and one that has great power. Yes, its existence here attracted the attention of those interested and curious about the artifact. Unfortunately for them, the White Sword guarded its secrets well…infuriating some of my people.” She said musingly. “Oh sometimes I do love that…makes them feel just how imperfect they really are.”
Lonarwaen smiled to herself. The last 4 days had seen her experience just how high brow the Sulthalion were, their demeanor of one looking down not on a child but a lesser person. It had been a difficult game of diplomacy and the only advantage was that they were helping at Alnuathor’s request, and their reverence for him as their Father was very apparent.
“Who has removed the sword…one can only think the sword chose its wielder.” Lianna said.. “A weapon of that power could never been stolen…it would never allow it, considering its intelligence.”
“And that is what intrigues me. A new road has opened and the more we can learn of this, the greater we can try to understand the purpose and task set for it’s new wielder.”

“All is well.” the voice whispered….with a celestial melodic quality that the High Priestess had heard only twice before, the voice of Aouadann, the Spellsinger and Elenmire’s herald.
Hearing movement the High Priestess turned and saw three Priestesses enter the chamber resplendent in their white and silver robes. They look at the empty pedestal in dismay. “How could this be? No one saw anyone enter.”
“The White Sword has begun a new journey.” The High Priestess said quietly. “But I sense that this journey will meet with other journeys presently undertaken and merge as the Long Solisse begins.”
“Her imperial majesty is here.” A servant said.

“Tech Marker 6” is intercepted by remote controlled drones and fail to gain entry into the floating domed structure. Yet again glimpses of buildings are seen through clearer parts of the domed roof. But one image surprises the operator controlling one of the drones. At just 5 meters from the floating dome through a clearer portion he sees a face peering out directly towards the drones camera.
At the Blue City the psi screen images are reviewed by humanistic scientists who try to determine the race using a data base of Tshallos IV human races and it is determined that the race of Daishur are the nearest race resembling the face seen.
“Isn’t this the race that have a fascination for pyramids?” One operator asks.
“Yes…the pyramids are dotted all over the planet’s surface and some have been found in underground caverns.” The Lieutenant replied. “I think given this…the race and their culture is going to get a closer look.”
vampyre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: k039 Reply with quote

K039: Day 038: 2Thardeth05

The Company of the Red Flame discover a major underground hold inhabited by Azgeyr in the service of Darkness Claw. Located in a wild rocky amidst the northern Malduin Hills it is found after 4 scouting parties followed Azgeyr patrols to an entrance way concealed by illusion and darkness spells. One of the companies scouting parties are sighted and intercepted by 80 Azgeyr who overwhelm them and take three rangers captive. As the company deploys they are attacked from three entrance ways directly in front of them and flanking them. The battle is fierce and the Azgeyr and Osgeyr give no quarter and hold their ground. It seemed they intend to engage and as the magic users and archers concealed decimate the flanking units they are reinforced and the company’s position hardly advances for two hours as wave after wave of Azgeyr and Osgeyr emerge from the entrances. But the upper hand is made and doing so the company splits into three and heads towards each of the entrances.

The company enter an extensive network of caves, tunnels, caverns and rooms and within engage with a well equipped garrison and also well prepared. Meanwhile scouts and familiars are sent out to find more entrances…more importantly escape routes. Two are discovered in a narrow gorge before a small lake, some two miles away. The nearest Shield Fortress is 16 miles away and using astrologers three companies are deployed using portal spells once astrologers are positioned at an assembly area before the lake while the scouts and familiars watch the two entrances. With one company remaining the other two enter the caves and engage those seeking to escape.

A Losan-Stravin orbiting platform above detects the battle in progress and psi screen operators excited at the idea of watching the battle deploy miniature drones to observe the conflict unfolding. And within 2 hours the images of battle appear on the screens throughout the platform as well to military commanders and observers at Blue City and one operator mutters why the wide array of sensors used could not penetrate the Tech Marker the day before.

The battle is hard fought and won by the Company, slaying 3,400 within the expansive cave system. Information gained, they learn the possibility of two other garrisons have been founded by Darkness Claw outside the wall provided by the Shield Fortresses. Approximately 249 of the company is slain during the combat.

The White Sword and its wielder reappears within the empire…location unknown.

“Tech Marker 6” changes course and heads east above and over the Tarascon Mountains.
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: k040 2Thardeth06 Reply with quote

K040: Day 039: 2Thardeth06

The Grand Duchess of Zeray contracts the construction of 2,400 merchant wagons and 34 merchant vessels as part of the agreement with the empire to be requisitioned in the coming war. The assets will be delivered as completed to assembly areas presently been arranged in Telemnar and Lethrai, by the War Council The merchant vessels will be deployed to Seareach upon completion.

Star Crusaders begin probing patrols into Thereck accompanied by Magic Users and Clerics. They report a growing underground movement, the Sylahrim, preparing to regain the province and the Duke of Shakkol approves contact with its leaders. However no information is to be passed onto them on the plans by the Church and the empire to regain Thereck and Mhalafrei. That approval must come from the War Council and the Ordained Patriarch.
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: k041 2Thardeth07 Reply with quote

K041: Day 040: 2Thardeth07

Alladan meets Bali Foehammer at Khadazar and is given a grand tour, Bali more than happy to show his expansive underground citadel. They counsel on deploying the Starfire kindred to Khadazar from beneath Cerberus. “At least here your people will be briefed on recent history…I daresay the Sulthalion are not so forthcoming.”
Alladan nods. “You might say that.” he replies carefully. “They have assisted as I think they have been instructed to do so.”
“Yes, but rather reluctantly I would say.” Bali replies. “So what about you and Lonarwaen….marriage that sort of thing, when does the rumours start flying Alladan.” He muses smiling.
“Before the end of this month.” Alladan replies.
“The Dukes are in for a surprise I can tell you. The future Emperor they will find is one who can more than handle himself in battle and I daresay will teach some of these high and mighty nobles a thing or two. This coming war is going to make or break them.”
“Is it your mines that will keep the empire financially viable Bali during the Long Solsise. I get the sense that the Imperial Court are wondering just how the empire can survive with its present reserves for the next 5 years, with no taxes coming in. I just sense that Lonarwaen is rather comfortable with this…and I would say it has something to do with your kingdom.”
Bali nods. “Oh you could say we are a best kept secret.” He smiles. “We have some special mines here…and what we mine and refine, is sought after by Daishur and other kingdoms and they are more than willing to pay a high price for it. Furthermore the empire’s treasury will not diminish any time soon.”
“Payment in kind?” Alladan asks curiously.
“None…Khadazar was founded following an unusual and challenging quest that took Lonarwaen and myself far beyond these mountains to the northern reaches of the world. The kingdom is oh…blessed in many ways Alladan and that includes considerable veins of precious gemstones, ore and minerals…more wealth than one could imagine. But Khadazar existence is secret and that does come at a price, one we are willing to pay, given what may result within the coming year. So our resources are wisely utilized by Lonarwaen to see the empire through what will be a challenging period ahead of us, in regards to the Long Solisse and the coming war.”
Alladan nods thoughtfully. “Speaking of the Long Solisse…I have wondered how this event happens?”
“Ah…I can tell you that my friend.” Bali says. He proceeds to explain the Transcendence.
vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: k042 Reply with quote

K042: Day 041 2Thardeth08
The Monorovian Stratham Company prints 501 copies of the first edition of the “Cerberus Chronicle” at its “Newspaper” office in the capital. The newspapers are displayed throughout the city on wooden display boards and curious citizens crowed to view the first ever newspaper seen outside Monorovia.

“And do you think you can succeed, Durasmar?” The Dark Sorcerer asked his dark eyes fixed on the Lord Cleric.
“We believe well…we think the stasis spell could last 2000 days with the use of extension spells. But I believe that each spell cast will have a different duration…it will fluctuate beyond the 1620 day period.”
“The answer Durasmar is not extension spells. The longer the duration of the spell cast the greater the chance of it fading unless the magic in the area cast is a permanent feature. Beyond 800 days, stability is affected…with varying results.”
“Unfortunately we cannot test this. The Long Solisse is less than a year away.” Durasmar remarked. “It has come to my attention that it was you that provided what we needed when this event last occurred.”
“You are learning indeed thanks to the Attalantean delegation…what they have brought to their visit is far reaching Durasmar, far beyond anything you could comprehend.”
“It was not they who advised this…it was our…benefactor.”
“Thank you…I was waiting for that admission.” Khios smiles. “The delegation know little of me…one reason why they are in Karthan, is to learn more of me. So Benneta is talking as well…he has been rather quiet these past few centuries. You are correct…I did provide the spell prior to the last Transcendence. And it was lost in the years following the war as much of your knowledge was.”
“But Benneta preserved much.” Durasmar exclaimed.
“Yes…but only for the church Durasmar…only for the church. And most noticeably he did not preserve the stasis spell…given it’s importance to the empire’s survival how could your benefactor overlook such?”
Durasmar was quiet for a moment. “I do not know.” He admitted. “He does communicate only to the Ordained Patriarch.”
“Ah yes…but even the Ordained Patriarch does not know how to increase the duration of the stasis spell…if he did, you would not be here.” Khios remarked. “I do enjoy your visits Durasmar…entertaining and refreshing speaking of matters channeling…and of faith. Unfortunately what few visitors I have, always seem to want something…as it is with you on this occasion. And the want always comes with a price.”
Durasmar nods nervously. “This I understand.”
Khios points to a archway that leads out onto a ledge. There is a pedestal on which is a blue scroll case. “There is your spell Durasmar now as I have asked before…what is the church willing to pay for this?”
vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: k047 Reply with quote

K047: Day 042: 2Thardeth09

Durasmar prepares to leave after negotiating the price that he and the church has to pay for the scroll. This will save the empire he thinks sighing with relief. What would the empire think if we had over the centuries depended on the Dark Sorcerer for our knowledge in that of essence and mentalism…and his ability to extend spells far beyond ones lifetime. The price had been the highest Durasmar could have ever comprehended…the Dark Sorcerer wanted nothing more than to confront his very church secret benefactor. And confront was his very words…surely Benneta would be able to best anything that the Dark Sorcerer had planned. What Durasmar had seen here had caused him to be more than fearful of intentions. The Dark Tower was a vast fortress within which presided many races of humans and other exotic races, some of which he had read as been of myth and legend as a child. This could have been all a vast illusion but no…the Dark Sorcerer was sending a message through him of his strength and power…but why?

Bali Foehammer smiles at the thought of hosting Alladan and his people. “They will make a great addition to our forces.” He says addressing his court before him. “And we shall make them welcome. I know some of you here do not consider strangers welcome, but in this matter I will insist that these people who I have seen are truly worthy of their status. You will assist them as I have directed so.”
“We do not need them your majesty.” One of his commanders states stepping out boldly. “We have all that is required here within this realm to deal with the northern invasion.” There are some murmurs of agreement from other Tordagh lords.
Bali taps his fingers on the arm rest of his ornate throne. “Really Diromarr. Thanks to the Attalante delegation and their knowledge of what they know of the last Great War…we may face up to 2 million traversing the Talan-Kosteyn region. We are to split that force and create a second front. I have been informed that even with Alladan’s people we will be greatly outnumbered…and it does not take a warrior to figure that out. No…this comes down to pride…our pride…and we must put that aside. For in the end I believe we will field the most unique army this coming war will see and our numbers are not complete yet…there is still other factors that may come to pass.”
One of the scholars among the court nods and steps forth. “Indeed you are correct your majesty….the Wanderer has yet to complete his journey.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Karthan - Black Moon Ascendant All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: