NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Campaign Year - LE8755 Events - Karthan Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Karthan - Black Moon Ascendant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: k048 Reply with quote

K048: Day 043: 2Thardeth10

“The realm of Khadazar is a wondrous sight to behold my love.” Alladan said. Both he and his future wife, the Empress Lonarwaen were drinking wine together on the patio as the evening fell. “Though I have not seen how he could accommodate us, though his realm is vast.”
“That is taken care of.” A voice says and before them Lianna appears. she smiled at seeing them surprised and angered by her sudden arrival...intrusion into their apartment. “We have aided the Tordagh to construct new halls for their guests…as they did wish for the therim to be some distance away from their home mansions. I believe there is some division about having so many…Tanatherim joining them. One could say this would make for interesting observation once your people arrive there Alladan. Give something for the Tordagh to stomach uncomfortably for a few months.”
Silence.
Alldan breathes deeply and defiantly. “I was greatly welcomed in Khadazar.” he says unimpressed by Lianna's words and her undertone of sarcasm.

Lianna smiles. “Oh dear mortal have you walked in the halls of the Tordagh before…no you have not. They guard their realms with jealousy…few ever enter their halls. And none more so than Khadazar.”
“I understand it’s secrecy…Bali has informed me of this.” Alladan says sensing Lonarwaen was on the verge of an angry outburst. “But we are going there to help them in a future conflict that we truly are just guessing at how it may come to be. This is not what I necessarily want for my people…they should be with their own kind yet…we are not of this time and I know this…how hard would it be to adjust even with your people and that of my beloved…how can she announce us back into the world, it just cannot be this way.”
“Indeed. You can not let this world know of your existence until that time.’ Lianna replies. “Follow the path you have taken. We have prepared all that is needed for your people."
“And you did this with Bali’s approval?” Lonarwaen asks her voide evenly toned. She was just managing to control her temper. “Of course…remember he is one of the Quiseraen and holds high respect within my father’s court.” Lianna replies. “Bali also knows that another future course must be taken…and that journey has only begun.”

Darkness Claw begins to send forces into Darkhold and Lasgalen attempting to secure both as a bastion for his planned expansionist plans.

The White Sword sings and the song is heard among those who hear it in the quiet inn, The Bow.
“All is in the seeing.
All is what I see.
And beauty begins in the eyes of all
The stars who look down
To those who look to the heavens
To see the signs of all things good to them
Both be in comfort, for all shall be revealed.”

The Ordained Patriarch retires for the evening to his personal chambers. As he enters a voice speaks to him. “What is this you have done of me.”
“I have done nothing that you would not have asked for.” The patriarch replies feeling a threatening tone in the voice.
“The price you have paid for this scroll is not accepted by me.”
“We need this scroll….and you do not have the knowledge of the future as those that say the Dark Sorcerer has.”
“You are but a child…how dare you question me.”
“I question because you do not answer me…the White Sword has taken a new path…and that is beyond even us is that not so?” The Ordained Patriarch replies, his breathing gasping.
“That path I do not know...you wish me to meet with the Dark Sorcerer, the greatest sinner of your race.”
“Yes…that is the payment…take it as you see…I have grown tired of this….of you…we have greater matters to contend with, those of our brethren in Mhalafrei and Thereck…”
“This will not happen.” The voice replies coldly. "I will not meet with the Dark Sorcerer...he is So mortal."
“It has been agreed…and you cannot prevent this.” At that moment as he reaches his bed the Ordained Patriarch collapses to the floor and his breathing halts.
"I say to you servant...this will event will not come to pass."

Last edited by vampyre on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
vampyre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: K49: Day 044: 2Thardeth11 Reply with quote

K049: Day 044: 2Thardeth11

Servants of the Ilmaren and the personal attendants enter the private quarters of the Ordained Patriarch and found him dead in his bed. Stunned word is passed quickly to the High Priests of the Conclave within the secretive location of the Danan-Tolardreas “High Order In Strength” that a new conclave must begin. Last rites and prayers are said for he who had served the empire for more than 50 years.

Empress Lonarwaen is awoken in the early hours of the morning beside her lover, Alladan. He stirs but does not awaken. Lonarwaen sees Elatan outside her window motioning to her and she dresses in a robe and joins him on the balcony, none to impressed. "Elatan...how dare you. If it is not you, it is Lianna...I want some privacy."
The bard was surprised. "Well I did check before appearing here." he said defensively. "Both of you were sleeping."
Lonarwaen sighed...he is only a child in this form. "What do you want."

“The Ordained Patriarch has passed away…murdered by their own benefactor Benneta.”
Lonarwaen is stunned and does not know what to think…so many things going through her mind, memories of the Ordained Patriarch’s service to her people. He was there and blessed her birth, there when her teachings of the Ilmaren and the ways of the Church...there for the upcoming crusade to free Mhalafrei and Thereck...
"You will not determine his death, it will be deemed by natural causes. The church would have much explaining to do if Benneta was implicated,” Elatan continues seriously. “A price was paid and only that price will determine whether one or the other will show their hand in this matter.”
“So there is another involved in this?” Lonarwaen asks. “It was not natural…that you have told me...Benneta, I cannot believe this. Why, how can we prove Benneta, and what can we do with him.”
“Let the other matter takes its course…Benneta is in for a surprise. But know this, for the Church to succeed, they must confront Benneta and destroy him…the way is there and the road is been taken. Watch, wait and be there when it is necessary.”
Lonarwaen thinks for a moment. "Elatan, I do not know where Danan-Tolardreas is…the location is absolutely secret.”
“If what comes to pass you may be informed...in the meantime, let the Holy Champion take command of your future endeavours until the new conclave can choose a successor. It seems one has truly commanded my further attention and he shall be watched accordingly. The road of the church must be renewed. And there are two matters that shall bring this to pass. Remember the Patriarch's service well.”

“What a provocative move.” Stormwing says in passing as the image before her ends. She is looking replendent in her Silvaran form, wearing glittering blue robe. She turns to Alnuathor. “This Benneta is such a trifling annoyance.” They had just witnessed the death of the Ordained Patriarch.
Alnuathor nods. “I see a interesting challenge very soon…and Benneta will not be in control of this.”
“So he will meet with Khios?” Stormwing says looking at him. "This will be interesting my love."
“He has no choice, the bind given will hand him to the Dark Sorcerer. The Walker between worlds has woven the strands already...Benneta cannot hide from him.”
“This I want to see…the Dark Sorcerer showing his hand at long last.” Stormwing states smiling. "I have wanted so long to see what he is truly capable of."
“Be aware my love…this one has grown stronger in silence, in solitude. His geographical proximity to the Destroyer means not only our attention will be drawn to how this event unfolds."

Last edited by vampyre on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
vampyre

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: k050 Reply with quote

K050: Day 045: 2Thardeth12

Church bells toll across the empire announcing the passing of the Ordained Patriarch. Prepared announcements are made at churches throughout Karthan ending with the pronouncement of the Conclave.

“Who do you think will replace him?” Alladan asks in the private apartments of the Empress.
“To tell you the truth I do not know. I cannot influence this matter in any way…but I have my own personal choice…the High Priestess here in Cerberus.”
“A wonderful choice, but one that would not be liked I deem. The High Priestess holds a special position here in Cerberus…and a woman assuming the role…the conclave would not accept that surely.”
“No, they would not.” Lonarwaen agreed remembering all to well, the difficulty she had with the Dukes accepting her as Empress. “Whoever is chosen will find the church undergoing a reformation…I think their benefactor’s days are numbered my dear.”
“Reformation?” Alladan inquired not knowing the term.
“Yes it means a great change is coming to the future function of the Church. I do not mean the day to day function, that will not change, the Ilmaren require the Church to serve them well and that will continue. But their hierarchy has accepted for too long a benefactor that has provided them with advantages in relation to history. That may soon end by the only other one who has a full history of our past that goes back far beyond our history books and knowledge we have.”
“The Dark Sorcerer.” Alladan nodded. “Just how did this come to unravel?”
“I do not know…I do not think we ever will.”
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: k051 Day 046: 2Thardeth13 Reply with quote

k051 Day 046; 2Thardeth13

Darkness Claw secures the eastern half of the ruined city of Lasgalen with companies of Azgeyr and Var-Mesk. He finds Darkhold far more challenging when his Azgeyr, Osgeyr and Var-Mesk companies are decimated by a Zhan...who emerged from a vast cavern beneath the city. Darkness Claw had not anticipated that, indeed no sightings of a zhan had ever been recorded. From the Fortress of the Wind he watched Darkhold from afar, noting the zhan is indeed one of Stormwings brood. He decides to devote is immediate attention to securing the remainder of Lasgalen.

The church must confront Benneta...the way is there...yes one might say the way has been already ordained. Durasmar sighed and looked out of the window over the expansive orchards and market gardens of the Guardoss quarter of his beloved city. In two days he would join his brethren for the Conclave, to chose one who will succeed he who oversees and administers the church of the empire. "But if all goes well, we as the church will not need to confront Benneta, it will be done for us. Already I feel his power waning...he is scared and where we cannot rever him. THis is coming to an end."

remote operated orbital vehicles approaching within 450m are destroyed by unknown defences from "Tech Marker 6". Another comitteee is convened to consider the results.

Last edited by vampyre on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: K052 Day 047: 2Thardeth14 Reply with quote

K052 Day 047: 2Thardeth14

Agents within Mhalafrei report that rebellion has occurred within the cities of Senilor, Carristor and Vrenol as well as surrounding towns. A number of landed knights, knights and men-at-arms have switched sides and supporting the citizens desire to remove the continued control of the former Emperor and his dark servants. The Dark Religion, severly weakened during the Invocation, has resurfaced within the provincial capital, Kar-Sidion and sealed the city from the outside world within a ominous dark shroud that has encompassed the city and the surrounding land. Their are rumours of massacres in the rural regions, the nobility reacting to challenges of rebellion within the villages and hamlets under their demense. Hamlets and villages have been torched and rumours of necromancers follow in the destruction's wake. One report suggests that the torchings are deliberate and orchestrated as they are slowly expanding outward to the eastern border of the empire. The reports coming from many sources are received within a sealed office below the Imperal Palace and only one sees this information and collates it for the Empress and High Steward. His position within the court is known, but his identity is not...a man who led two lives and both he relished with deep passion. Two other reports lay before him from an agent within the church...and both were surprising indeed.

Durasmar from his quarters at Kaldefen addresses 20 Bishops concering the scroll and the spell contained within. They are stunned to learn of its existence...the duration far surpassing anything they and their superiors can do. "I entrust this too you, Bishop Massein as my time will be otherwise engaged as well as your superiors with the conclave." He did not mention one other engagement that he may face...Benneta.
vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: k053 day 048 Reply with quote

K053 Day 048: 2Thardeth15

Many thousands pilgrimage to the Church of Elenmire in Cerberus as well as churches throughout the empire to hear the pronouncement that the Conclave will have its fist session on 2Thardeth20.

“The defences must have been activated as a result of our previous reconnaissance.” The tech supervisor said to those gathered in the room. “Confirmation of a humanoid lifeform within the domed structure and now our remote units taken out by what looks to be highly charged needle rays.”
“Similar to those used by the Vaskone and equally selective and accurate in its targeting capacity.” One of the tech monitors added. “Approx 1,147 rays were fired within 2.8 seconds disabling our sensors leading to loss of power and the drones destruction. Are we going to attempt this again?”
The tech supervisor looked at the data on the psi screen floating before him. “We are under some pressure to resolve this enigma of Tech Marker 6. Confirmation of life within the dome...visual only, has increased interest among the SciMon committees.”
“They want to test the boundaries.” Another monitor remarked. “I think we know a little bit of what happened with our planned expedition north of the escarpment wall...it was enough to make the hierarchy realise that well, we are here not from invitation but more so at their behest. So just how far do they want us to go?”
“The feeling is that Tech Marker 6 is not of Karthan origin.” The supervisor replied. “Discussion around this has been going on for months, committee after committee and science has been applying there own pressure from leading academies. They consider the marker an embarrassment for the results were not what they expected, considering this particular world’s allocated tech level.”
“This is not the only world where low tech level has shown up earlier advanced tech civilization.” The meeting supervisor stated. “Tshallos IV is not unusual in this regard. But we have usually cracked the tech knowledge and given the unusual circumstances of our presence here, academies backing the SciMons are getting very impatient with our slowness of the process.”
“Slowness or tactful care...there is a difference. So we have not been able to achieve breakneck breakthroughs but there are enough reports, thousands of them circulating that there is a reason for the process we are following.”
“Committee after committee has reported on the fringes concerning what we can and cannot do. But that has been generally dismissed until the most recent and considered provocative interference by a shall we say ethereal creature from this world.”
“Oh is that what they are calling it...we do know of angels, demons, religions all over the Emperium believe in such, under a thousand different names, including our own ancestors. And what, we are transferred here and come against a stone wall of silence, basically because there is possibly evidence that angels or demons may exist in reality. Has not this been encountered before?”
The meeting supervisor nodded. “On a number of worlds...but the extent of influence here is beyond anything encountered. We have been forced to grope forward like children on what we can and cannot do, they watch us as we probe this world.” He paused for a moment and sighed. “I wonder how many committees have come to this conclusion before...it is like going round in circles with this. In another 20 years the same subject will undoubtedly be discussed with no formal conclusion. However, Tech Marker 6 is considered non Karthan and therefore obtainable by any means necessary. It is now time to consider more effective and direct options.”
vampyre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: k054 Reply with quote

K054 Day 049: 2Thardeth16

The High Steward looked up from the report submitted before him. “This is a matter for the Church, Uryian...they are leading this crusade into Mhalafrei and Thereck.”
“Yes, my lord, but the death of the Ordained Patriarch...their attention will be diverted by the conclave.”
“They still have time.” The High Steward replied. “And the War Council is assisting. However we are not providing as much support as you know for other matters will concern us at year’s end.”
Uryian nodded. He was among a select few that knew of events forthcoming after a number of counsels with members of the Attalante delegation. He was still coming to terms with knowledge of his world he knew nothing of...not even bothered about till now. And if Mhalafrei and Thereck were to be used as the battleground against the Lord of Chaos, both provinces must be retaken and the citizens evacuated. Plans were already under way which would see movements of hundreds and thousands of people moved by caravans to neighbouring provinces to population centres and forests where shelter would be ready for them. The task was a administrative nightmare. The evacuation would double as an exercise in movement of non combatants and merchant trains when the conflict began. The Church was in charge of this crusade...but here was an opportunity that could not be missed, irrespective of the Church’s authority over the campaign. “But how long can this rebellion continue...without us to well...support their initiatives. This is a chance to further the cause to free both provinces and not permit this groundswell to be suppressed by the Dark Religion or what servants are still loyal to the usurper’s crown.”
“How do we propose to do this...our Star Crusaders, the armies of the Dukes and there vassals and city and town militias are preparing for the upcoming Long Solisse. The army will consist of just more than the Tanatherim and Therim society we have founded over time, the Karnirutherim, Nanatherim...Tordagh and others will be joining us. We have never deployed an army of this size ever before in history. And we have to contend with not only Kharagh but Darkness Claw who exists within our midst. The rebellion will continue as long as the church is present in both provinces...remember the invocation. I do not think anyone in Mhalafrei or Thereck has forgotten Elenmire’s message...we cannot be seen for the moment meeting force with force. There are 3 mercenary armies from Arkulan and at the moment delicate negotiations are taking place with them. If we move, they could respond by right of their obligations to their pay masters.”

The Company of the Red Flame is met by rangers scouting the north west reaches of the Garthang Ranges. Gaining directions to the nearest watch post the rangers inform that a group of paladins passed through 2 days ago heading for the Maig-Nuror marshes.
Vranor is pleased with the news. The company is heading for the marshes as well and decides to rendevouz with the paladins. He wishes to know whether they are the ones who have vowed to destroy Nienfiara.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Karthan - Black Moon Ascendant All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: