NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Actual Play] A Song of Ice and Fire one-off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Random Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sophmelc



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 782

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:

From memory there were three ways to use influence. The first was to measure how many favours you could get. The second was as a way of finding if someone will do what you ask them. The last was to deal with a conflict of influence.


This sounds a bit like the intrigue system in the Green Ronin rules. Characters have status etc which influences people dependant on how they think of you. Though no doubt there will be more details once the rules are officially released.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Luke
Site Admin


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 2697

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophmelc wrote:
This sounds a bit like the intrigue system in the Green Ronin rules. Characters have status etc which influences people dependant on how they think of you. Though no doubt there will be more details once the rules are officially released.


Sort of. The intrigue rules deal with social conflict. Influence was more about relationship mapping. They overlap but they are different.
_________________
Playing: Doomstones (WFRP2e); Shades of Terra (Exalted: Dragonblooded)
Running: Thousand Thrones (WFRP2e)
Planning: Incarnadine Crucible (Exalted: Alchemicals); Tale of Twin Kings, Angels of Death and the Lover Who Stole All Things (Exalted 1e)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrexia



Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2117
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:

Where from? Oddly, Google threw me a list of torrents, but no legitimate sites.


I have both the deluxe and the standard edition if you'd like to borrow them.

The deluxe edition is pretty and leather bound. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anarchangel



Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 2501
Location: Los Angeles (ex Wellington, ex Christchurch)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
Anarchangel wrote:

Where from? Oddly, Google threw me a list of torrents, but no legitimate sites.


I have both the deluxe and the standard edition if you'd like to borrow them.

The deluxe edition is pretty and leather bound. Very Happy


Nope, I'll keep an eye out for a copy of my very own Wink I would like to borrow the second novel (Clash of Kings, right?) at some point though if that's cool.
_________________
Playing: Dresden Files RPG, 4e.
Running: Nothing.
Planning: Con games (Echoes, DitV & Hot War for Day After Ragnarok), Psi*Run, Action City!.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sophmelc



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 782

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:

Nope, I'll keep an eye out for a copy of my very own Wink I would like to borrow the second novel (Clash of Kings, right?) at some point though if that's cool.


Amazon have a few second hand copies, though they're pretty expensive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anarchangel



Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 2501
Location: Los Angeles (ex Wellington, ex Christchurch)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophmelc wrote:
Anarchangel wrote:

Nope, I'll keep an eye out for a copy of my very own Wink I would like to borrow the second novel (Clash of Kings, right?) at some point though if that's cool.


Amazon have a few second hand copies, though they're pretty expensive.


Yeah... AGoT or the entire 4e Core set... I'll keep an eye out for a deal at the LA cons. Wink
_________________
Playing: Dresden Files RPG, 4e.
Running: Nothing.
Planning: Con games (Echoes, DitV & Hot War for Day After Ragnarok), Psi*Run, Action City!.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sophmelc



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 782

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:
Yeah... AGoT or the entire 4e Core set... I'll keep an eye out for a deal at the LA cons. Wink


Lucky for some!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adrexia



Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2117
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:


Nope, I'll keep an eye out for a copy of my very own Wink I would like to borrow the second novel (Clash of Kings, right?) at some point though if that's cool.


Yep, that's cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Random Play All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group