NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A call for help- Props

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hilentes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: A call for help- Props Reply with quote

Hello New Zealand role play community!
My name is Tali, and I'm a backpacker from Israel. Also I'm a role player, and I want to run a game in Kapcon. The only problem is that I need lots of props. So I ask for your help:
For my game I need cool hats or any kind of props that could be in a fairy tale or medieval setting.
So if you can bring props to Kapcon please write it here or contact me on my E-mail address-
talihalevy@gmail.com

It will be a weird and cool game, that will be open for the crowd, but without props there can be no game =(

Tanks for your help!
Tali.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much in the way of props, but if you want swords & things, you can pick up foam swords at the Warehouse pretty cheaply.

Hopefully there will be someone big on hats here Smile

Cheers
Grant
sophmelc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: A call for help- Props Reply with quote

Hilentes wrote:

For my game I need cool hats or any kind of props that could be in a fairy tale or medieval setting.

I've got some hats, they aren't that medieval though, but they're something. I can bring them along on the day if you'd like.

Blog - Mostly Geek
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame you are looking for cyberpunk props as the LARP is always amazingly dressed and propped and its cyberpunk this year.

Last year's LARP was dark romantic fantasy which would have been perfect for you Smile
Hilentes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Its a shame you are looking for cyberpunk props as the LARP is always amazingly dressed and propped and its cyberpunk this year.

Last year's LARP was dark romantic fantasy which would have been perfect for you Smile

I run that game before in a fairy tale setting, but if there are already props for cyberpunk setting I could rewrite it to fit- it will provebly be easyer than getting the medieval props =) thanks!

sophmelc, anyway it will be a great help if you could bring the hats to kapcon =)

Cheers!
Tali
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilentes wrote:
I run that game before in a fairy tale setting, but if there are already props for cyberpunk setting I could rewrite it to fit- it will provebly be easyer than getting the medieval props =) thanks!

sophmelc, anyway it will be a great help if you could bring the hats to kapcon =)

You should no issues with getting fantasy props. I will email some of the guys in Wellington who might be able to help.

As to the LARP, it should have around 60+ players and in the past costuming and props have been pretty awesome.
Hilentes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could do it it will be great! (I really love fantasy settings)
And if there would be a problem I would transform the game to cyberpunk setting.

Cheers guys! Thanks a lot!

Tali
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilentes wrote:
If you could do it it will be great! (I really love fantasy settings)

I have sent the email. Hopefully, you hear something.
sidicus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note, now would be a good time to let people know the MAFIA 2071 team is also looking for props.

The setting is a futuristic church and the larger props and effects are being sorted at the moment. What we are looking for is the small things that give the feeling of being in a church.

Things like crosses, statues of Mary, nativity scenes, a huge bible we can put up the front, fake flowers, vases etc.

If anyone has anything they think will help in this respect (or anything that will help with the cyberpunk feel, like Christmas lights and flashy signs etc) please let us know. We can be contacted at kapconlarp09@gmail.com, or just post a reply here.

Your assistance in helping us set the scene for the evening is appreciated.

(In case you were wondering we will not be using any candles or open flames. They may help with the old school churchy feel but unfortunately they are a fire hazard)
Menolly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about those fake candles? The ones that look like candles but are battery operated. Would any of those be of use?

sidicus wrote:
On that note, now would be a good time to let people know the MAFIA 2071 team is also looking for props.

Your assistance in helping us set the scene for the evening is appreciated.

(In case you were wondering we will not be using any candles or open flames. They may help with the old school churchy feel but unfortunately they are a fire hazard)
Highwayman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
How about those fake candles? The ones that look like candles but are battery operated. Would any of those be of use?

Sounds good to me, We could put them on the Altar/ around the room. How many would you be willing to loan us for the evening?

Cheers
Grant
Menolly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll work out how many are working and let you know... and others might have them too... just a thought.

Highwayman wrote:
Menolly wrote:

Sounds good to me, We could put them on the Altar/ around the room. How many would you be willing to loan us for the evening?

Cheers
Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 18 (2009) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: