NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congrats and Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anna K

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, what an absolutely epic weekend! I'm a larper from Auckland and I've been wanting to come down to KapCon for the past two years and finally made it this year.

I had an absolute blast as did, I think, all of us that came down. All the games I played in were great, the GMs were excellent and so were the other players. I see that there is a seperate thread for links to con write ups, so I'll be adding my link there when I do my write up tomorrow.

I'd also like to pitch in my thanks to all the organisers, things like this are far from easy to organise but everything seemed to me to run smoothly and on time and everyone was very friendly in explaining how things worked to the newbie. I was so impressed with just how onto it the organisers were through the whole weekend!

Thank you to everyone that made all of us feel welcome, we really had an amazing weekend.

And we'll see you all again next year Very Happy (and some of you earlier, if you come up for Chimera)
Darkheart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only my second time at a Kapcon and I loved it even more than the first one I went to.
I'm looking forward to next year.
Great games, great people and well organised Smile
happy happy joy joy.
Nicolette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who made this fantastic weekend happen. It was my first ever Kapcon and tabletop convention and I had a really good time.

Thanks to all the GM's and players who's games I played in and thanks to the organisers of teh LARP and the con.

I hope to see some of you at Battlecry or Chimera, otherwise I will see you again next year.
sidicus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to organisers, players and everyone for what is sure to be the highlight of my gaming year.
Erik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all. Good fun, good fun
greywolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all the organisers and GMs who made this yet another great Kapcon and worth every penny of the trip down from Auckland. Thanks especially to Ivan, Liam, Erik, Barry and Mike who GMed the games I played in. As a GM for my group up here in Auckland I really appreciate the time and effort that needs to be put in to GM a game as opposed to just rocking up on the day armed with dice and imagination. I *can't* even imagine what it means to do that and then shoehorn the game into a limited time slot and play with a bunch of people you've never even met before. Great job, guys. I'll see you all again next year (or perhaps sooner).
AndyM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first Kapcon and I spent a long time deciding whether I should go or not.

I have to say I glad I did because I had a great time. I got to meet some really neat people and play in some quality games.

In fact, I was really impressed by the overall quality of the games I played in, so thanks to Nick, Paul, Conan, Liam and Sophie for all your hard work.

Also my thanks to Paul, Scott and the rest of the organisers for a really professional con. You guys deserve much credit, as does everyone else there for making me feel welcome.

Cheers.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greywolf wrote:
I *can't* even imagine what it means to do that and then shoehorn the game into a limited time slot and play with a bunch of people you've never even met before

You should totally run a game next year and find out Smile

Cheers
Grant
NickPitt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to involved in making this con awesome. Which is pretty much everyone who attended or supported it from afar Smile

It was my 10th Anniversary with Kapcon and our relationship is as strong and fulfilling as ever Very Happy (Which makes me realize I first attended the con when I was 13 and I haven't missed a single one!)

A special thanks to any person I interacted with in the LARP, particularly the Malandrinos Smile A big thanks to Margie, Giffy, Chris, Frank, Peter, Carla, Jenni, Fraser, Nicolette, Anna and Cat for playing in Pokemon and making it so easy and a pleasure to GM Smile I had loads of fun Smile

I also enjoyed coming to grips with Norm's make-up equipment and helping a bunch of people add to their already awesome costumes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 18 (2009) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: