NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kapcon 2009 Results and Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Kapcon 2009 Results and Update Reply with quote

I will be updating with Memorable nominations, prize winners, stats from the con, survey results and so on over the next week or two as I find time, obviously hoping to have a couple of days off first.

To start with we had 113 people at the con this year with a few people missing (really who plans weddings for Kapcon weekend), with 28 females and 85 Males. We had players from all over the world again. We had a lot of new players and GMs this year and a pretty wide range of games run.
taxboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Kapcon 2009 Results and Update Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
I will be updating with Memorable nominations, prize winners, stats from the con, survey results and so on over the next week or two as I find time, obviously hoping to have a couple of days off first.

To start with we had 113 people at the con this year with a few people missing (really who plans weddings for Kapcon weekend), with 28 females and 85 Males. We had players from all over the world again. We had a lot of new players and GMs this year and a pretty wide range of games run.

Could we have some stats on how many games were run by new GM's versus established GM's too please. - cheers!
artemis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we did well again. It was great con.

Hugs

Nasia
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kapcon 2009 Results and Update Reply with quote

taxboy wrote:
Could we have some stats on how many games were run by new GM's versus established GM's too please. - cheers!

I don't know how it actually went on the day, but from the precon spreadsheet, 16 of 68 timetabled sessions (excl RPGA and GoD) were run by GMs new to KapCon. The comparable figure from last year was about 12 (and the same the year before that).

Note that a fair few of those GMs in both years had long experience both at home and at other cons; its just whether they're new to KapCon.
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few small changes to the timetables here and there and i will talk to the GOD squad to find out how many different Facilitators they used, but yeah we will provide some figures on how many games, how many seperate games, how many GMs and how many GMS we had.

Not sure if the LARP organisers have any ideas how many players they had in the end, or how many were playing for the first time?
sidicus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no details on how many were playing for the first time, but a quick look at the cast list of players on the day we had approximately:

57 players
1 NPC player (security guard)

5 GM characters
1 refreshments lady

We had 59 "core" characters and 4 "extras" available. I think this went pretty well given we had a few last minute pull outs.

As with every post I am making at the moment, thanks to all involved. It was a great weekend.
mundens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott, once you finish collating that information, please let me know so I can add the general stuff to the Kapcon Archive pages http://www.kapcon.rpg.net.nz/?q=Kapcon18 on the website!

David Formosa on alt.sex.stories.discussion
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, Paul dropped off boxes and boxes of stuff here earlier and just sitting in the sun doing data entry of the Survey sheets and so on.
sidicus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound impatient but I missed the prize giving and am pretty keen to find out who won the various awards, particulary for the LARP.

If anyone can tell me who won the best LARPer and best costume awards before the official results are up, that would be great. Otherwise I can wait.

Also Grant keeps telling me I won something, which is confusing given I only ended up playing in one game and didn't think it was scored.
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Costume went to Margie with just one nomination over Jackie. Although the cybernetic GM got lots of votes as well.

Best "Player"/Character went to Anna K from Auckland and Svend. Since they drew we decided to give both a prize. Lots of people got nominations in this area, which shows there was a lot of good roleplaying across the board.
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other prizes

GOD Squad gave away 3 prizes for people that played in GOD through the weekend.

There was the LARP prize for most beat upon player.

Best overall GM (must have run at least 2 scored sessions) Tony Dooley
Runner up GM Nick Pitt
Best individual Game Erik A
Most Nominations James P
Runner up Nominations (again 1 behind James) Bryn Jones

Winner SDC Luke W
closely followed by Mash

And then we had memorable nominations and spot prizes.
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot, have we got any idea how many different people have been to Kapcon in one way or another since we started keeping records?
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Idiot, have we got any idea how many different people have been to Kapcon in one way or another since we started keeping records?

The spreadsheet (which is due for another cull) has 279 participants in the "active" list (attended in the last 5 years or so), and another 109 "retired". So, about 390 all up.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:
Scott wrote:

The spreadsheet (which is due for another cull) has 279 participants in the "active" list (attended in the last 5 years or so), and another 109 "retired". So, about 390 all up.

Wow, it would be a bit of a headache if they all decided to show up one year...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that as well, man that would be a big con if they all turned up the same year. I actually asked the question because I was thinking of all the people who don't come anymore for one reason or another. Lots overseas now though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 18 (2009) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: