NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buckets 09: - Now with a date and venue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Confusion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Buckets 09: - Now with a date and venue Reply with quote

Venue details are possibly wrong, weekend will be the same.

[strike]July 10th till 12th at the UCSA building (upstairs at the Shelley Common Room to be precise).

Proper promotional material available soon, GM's coming forward with game blurbs always appreciated.

Itinerary:
Friday Night: LARP
Saturday Morning, Afternoon: Gaming sessions
Saturday Night: Grand Strategy (Written by Dillion)
Sunday Morning, Afternoon: Gaming sessions

So y'know, the usual. Smile I realise this isn't that useful a post, but I figured on giving out confirmed venue and date soon as possible.

Crossposted: Upcoming Cons, SAGA.[/strike]

Last edited by Confusion on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the UCSA having fun with other groups wanting the UCSA building, we're now in the ballroom of the building. Lots of room for the LARP and Grand Strat!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll run something, no idea what yet.

Start looking for a venue for 2010 soon so we can avoid the ballroom next year.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:
Start looking for a venue for 2010 soon so we can avoid the ballroom next year.

Don't worry, we're onto it. We have people looking for possible venues as we speak!

In addition, it turns out we have our choice of rooms at the UCSA this year. We're currently looking at pricing, since the ballroom is a lot cheaper than the Shelley or LCR (which requires opening most of the building).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're also a lot better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They" being the Shelly and the LCR, right Mash?
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The Ballroom was just too noisy - there were bits in every game I was involved in where I couldn't hear what was going on at my table because of an adjacent table.

I well remember the olden days when KapCon used to be in these kinds of spaces; and they were not as good as now where there are separate rooms for each game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adrexia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashugenah wrote:

I well remember the olden days when KapCon used to be in these kinds of spaces; and they were not as good as now where there are separate rooms for each game.

Hmm.. there's a thought... anyone researched any of the local High Schools in Christchurch? It's possible some do the same sort of renting space thing as Wellington High.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot mentioned that on my LJ. I can't recall if we ever tried that and what the response was, but it's a good idea that's worth trying (again?).
My LJ
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the ballroom was too crowded for our games last year. We looked at quite a few alternative locations last year, and the general response from most schools wasn't wonderful. In saying that, I have a quote for if we want to run it at Rangi next year, so it may be an option.

On Monday I'm going to go see if we can get the LCR and Ballroom from the UCSA for cheap, since they can effectively be partitioned off from the rest of the UCSA building. I believe we have an additional room off the LCR we can use - I'd be able to tell but they've taken their website down for orientation week. The point being, even though that isn't small rooms for each game, we should be spread out enough that noise and games interrupting one another isn't an issue.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:
Idiot mentioned that on my LJ. I can't recall if we ever tried that and what the response was, but it's a good idea that's worth trying (again?).

People should stop stealing my ideas before I've had them. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First game: 3:16.

I'm not sure exactly how I'll organise this; depending on what else I decide to run this could be a 2 or 4 hour slot.
My LJ
Adrexia

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoD Registration appears to be live!
http://saga.org.nz/bodreg

Larp registration, and more info on the Larp, is up here:
http://saga.org.nz/bod09#LARP
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool LARP concept!
My LJ
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoD LARPs are usually fun and highly regarded Smile

Cheers
Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> SAGA All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: