NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wellycon - Today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Wellycon - Today Reply with quote

Had anyone seen anything about this? Board gaming con today in Wellington.

Found this:

One of the things we love most about board games is the opportunity to trial out new games with new opponents. And there’s no better opportunity to do precisely that than at a board game convention.

And so it is with great pride that we announce, (drum roll, please!), that Seriously Board are sponsoring Wellycon 2009, to be held in Wellington on the weekend of the 15th and 16th of August!

This is the second appearance for this annual convention, the brain child of Wellington board gamer Andrew Rae, who has done a fantastic job of seeing a need and ‘making it happen’.

The inaugural convention in 2008 attracted 60 gamers from across the country, and early signs are that it will be even bigger in 2009, with a warm up event in late May drawing almost as many enthusiasts as last year’s major event.

There will be prizes on offer, including a brand new copy of BoardGameGeek top 10 title Le Havre, as well as the ever popular New Zealand game Stonewall. There will also be a special discount at Seriously Board for all Wellycon attendees, so even if you don’t win a prize on the day, you can still save some money afterwards.

There’s no need to register, either – just turn up and play!

The What: Wellycon 2009
The Where: St. Patrick’s College, Kilbirnie, Wellington
The When: August 15-16th, 2009 (Saturday 10am-10pm, Sunday 10am-4pm)
The Wallet: Only $5 per day, so don’t miss out!
Adrexia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the first I've heard of it. Pity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
artemis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its something organized through Boardgame Geek, I had someone do an announcement for it at Confusion. Which is more then they did last year.

Apparently it was very crowded- part of that I am sure due to the fact that it is alongside Call to Arms

Of course I know there are many great people that turn up to this sort of thing- I have also heard that there are some very serious boardgamers who turn up, you know the type that look down on you if you dont know all the latest boardgames

Hugs

Nasia
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
That's the first I've heard of it. Pity.

I heard about this two days ago. Lookks fun.

I am surprised they don't appear to advertise in any of the board gaming stores in Wellington.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

artemis wrote:

Of course I know there are many great people that turn up to this sort of thing- I have also heard that there are some very serious boardgamers who turn up, you know the type that look down on you if you dont know all the latest boardgames

Laughing

Makes me want to turn up with Monopoly and see what happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
artemis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think you may have been greeted with flaming torches and pitchforks if you did that.

Very Happy
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
artemis wrote:

Laughing

Its probably so retro that you would be cool. Hungry Hippos not so much Smile
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: ! Larp Reply with quote

artemis wrote:
Quote:

I think you may have been greeted with flaming torches and pitchforks if you did that.

Very Happy

I suspect you are right. I am still tempted. Twisted Evil
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: ! Larp Reply with quote

Adrexia wrote:
artemis wrote:
Quote:

Very Happy

I suspect you are right. I am still tempted. Twisted Evil

What you should do is turn up, pretending to be a budding game designer and bring out Hungry Hippos that you made from paper mashe Smile Or Monopoly from paper mache.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Upcoming Cons All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: