NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's try again: Any Nelson roleplayers here (or anywhere?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandrion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Let's try again: Any Nelson roleplayers here (or anywhere?) Reply with quote

It's been two years since my last unsuccessful try, so I figured maybe things have changed a bit... Roleplayers seem to be pretty rare in Nelson, but I can't be the only one, can I?

Anyways, I'm fairly flexible as far as systems or settings are concerned, though I do prefer some of the stuff from White Wolf. Games that I own books of, and would be interested in playing are:

Shadowrun (3rd or preferably 4th edition, also have 1st and 2nd edition around somewhere)
Exalted (2nd edition)
Scion
Old World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Hunter, Changeling; Werewolf: Wild West, Mage: the Sorcerer's Crusade, Dark Ages Vampire, DA: Werewolf, DA: Mage, DA: Inquisitor)
New World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage)
Scion
Nobilis
Human Occupied Landfill (and I'm desperate enough I'd actually try and play this)
Deadlands
Babylon Project
Engel

Willing to try out pretty much anything, as player or GM... So, yeah, if there's anyone who has a group, or has as many problems with finding one as I do, just send a mail, or answer here in this thread... Thanks.
Raztas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Roleplayers anywhere Reply with quote

you could always move to aucks lots of gamers up this way dude Wink
Mandrion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Roleplayers anywhere Reply with quote

Raztas wrote:

Yeah, well...moving isn't really an option at the moment. Once I'm finished studying, next year, maybe... though Wellington is a bit higher on my list, no offense. Still, it would be nice finding other roleplayers around here in the meantime...
Adrexia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Roleplayers anywhere Reply with quote

Mandrion wrote:
Raztas wrote:

Yeah, well...moving isn't really an option at the moment. Once I'm finished studying, next year, maybe... though Wellington is a bit higher on my list, no offense. Still, it would be nice finding other roleplayers around here in the meantime...

In my experience, most roleplayers in Nelson don't admit to it...

You could try the notice board approach. There are bound to be other students who roleplay. I used to know a few, but that was quite a few years ago now. If it weren't your last year I'd suggest starting a club.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
keldor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm living 40 minutes from nelson, but that's no barrier for me (once I fix my car). My experience is mainly with D&D 3.5, which I'm happy to DM, but if you want to GM something else, I'll learn it. I've been hanging for my RP fix.
I say we go the suggested noticeboard route to get more players, if you haven't already.
I'm on holiday until the end of the week or so, and I'll be away from mid august until september, but we should get something together.
Maybe a couple of one shots for now.
Weaselboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Nelson games Reply with quote

We have a game going on Tuesday nights in Brightwater. D & D at the moment.
Weaselboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: finding players in nelson Reply with quote

In my experience Nelson tends to have a few close knit groups who find players through word of mouth rather than search online. I've been a gamer for many years and haven't known about this site until recently
keldor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up north at the moment, but I'll drop you a line when I get back next month.
Bakurathelimey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i'm from Nelson too! Me and my partner both play D&D and are looking for someone to play with.. Apparently they used to hold D&D at collectors edd. sometimes but its not there anymore Sad My partner used to have a group but not anymore... if there is a group that wouldnt mind a couple of extra players we might be keen Very Happy
Mandrion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...why does it not surprise me that people start turning up as soon as I leave? Uh... Yeah...
Stephanie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's just mean.
Bakurathelimey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm sorry? Embarassed
Stephanie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fates. The Fates are just mean. Dramatic Irony for the win (except not really.) Hi, I'm the same Stephanie from over on Diatribe, I hope you can make it to some Wellington events.
Bakurathelimey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey! Yeah my partner watched the 20/20 clip and its convinced him to travel there next year! chimera 2010 fingers crossed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: