NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WFRP 3E - The Gathering Storm, starting soon! (Wellington)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Still game for it Reply with quote

Coming in from Kapiti shouldn't be too much of an issue depending on the frequency. What did occur to me is that I am not familiar with the new system as I have only played 1st edition rules. As long as that's not an issue, you can count me in!
Dale

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the interest all.

James is quite correct, although it should be mentioned that the 15-20 minute walk he refers to is mostly uphill. The number 14 will get you to the top of my street, or the number 22/23 (Mairangi) would leave you with a 10 minute (mostly flat) walk from the end of the route.

If someone else, more central, wants to host then I'd be happy defer to another venue.

As for the difference between 3e and 1e, I must confess that it is profound. Warhammer 2e was very similar to the first edition, but with Warhammer 3e the game has gone a different direction. The greatest manifestation of this is that almost all the game elements are now represented with cards, and your character will have a range of these laid out representing everything from wounds and equipment to potential actions. You interact with the system using 'special' dice which will form a dice pool and this may change or be influenced by a range of in game factors, from the difficulty of the action, through to your PC's aggression.

If you're interested I believe you might be able to dig up a thread on the General Discussion page from some months ago with links to reviews of the new system.

I'll be running this game as a kind of experiement, to see what I (and you) think of this approach to a roleplaying game. Hopefully you will find the system more empowering than a traditional game, and I won't have to spend half as much time flicking back and forth between rulebooks.

That said, it is the Warhammer world, and should be some rollicking good fun. I've run WFRP in all past editions of the game and have played my fair share of WFB so have a fairly good grasp of the setting.

I played in Luke's game over Kapcon weekend and found it to be fun, although it does take some getting used to. The question for me is how it will run over a multiple session adventure.

Finally, I understand that the release of 'Gathering Storm' has been delayed, but I'm planning to try a get-together soon for us to create characters and play a short introductory game, so stay tuned for a new Doodle poll to check availability.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale wrote:
The greatest manifestation of this is that almost all the game elements are now represented with cards, and your character will have a range of these laid out representing everything from wounds and equipment to potential actions.

Whoever took that picture put the Career Card on the wrong side of the character sheet. Very Happy It wouldn't matter in most games but it does in 3e Razz
Dale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Hi folks

Apologies for the delay, but the Gathering Storm has finally landed on our shores (or at our local game store anyways)!

That means that I'm going to start gearing up to start the campaign, beginning with an obligation free introductory adventure sometime in the next fortnight.

So, if you're still keen to play in Gathering Storm, and can commit to a fortnightly, weeknight evening, please PM me your e-mail address, and I'll set up a new Doodle to book it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: