NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Late Saturday Night gaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gribble wrote:
If there's a 4th place available, I'm keen.

I'll likely miss most of KapCon due to moving house over anniversary weekend, but on the plus side I'm moving in a place just over the road from the high school, and should be able to free up a few hours in the evening.

On the minus side, I'm likely to be shattered, but that'll probably just mean I fit in better with all the Con-goers.
Smile

The space is yours if you want it. Being zonked will certainly put you in the right head space with the rest of us.

I note that we will be starting sometime after Kapcon ends (8pm) and going late. Not sure whether we will be playing at the Con venue or at Jon's flat (still need to speak with him). Will let you know the details.
gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'll take it then. 8pm til late works fine as I'll be busy during the day.

I'd much prefer playing at the High School - where is Jon's place?
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the WFRPers, there's usually someone hanging around making trouble instead of LARPing.

Last year we played an entertaining little game called "Lord Pubbington's Soiree", and the year before an equally entertaining (albeit totally different) outing of "Dust Devils".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NickPitt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:

Said like (old) man who likes to be in bed by midnight.

I'll be at the Larp, it's just a shame you guys aren't starting at midnight so that I can come and get in on the action afterwards ;p

I also like that this thread is as much about mocking Jon as it is about organizing a game Very Happy
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gribble wrote:
Cool, I'll take it then. 8pm til late works fine as I'll be busy during the day.

I'd much prefer playing at the High School - where is Jon's place?

I'd prefer to play at an flat. It will be more comfortable and we won't be rushed to finish at 11.30pm.

Jon lives at the city end of Newtown within walking distance of the High School.

Let me know if you are still keen. Doug from Wargames is also keen so I may consider 5 players, assuming the box set can handle it Smile
gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

City end of Newtown should be ok, so count me in.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. With the Adventurer's Toolkit due any time soon, 4 players should be just fine.
Dale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the timing and logistics I think I'd better take a raincheck and free up my seat for another enthusiastic old-worlder.

Old age is a terrible thing Crying or Very sad
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale wrote:
Given the timing and logistics I think I'd better take a raincheck and free up my seat for another enthusiastic old-worlder.

Old age is a terrible thing Crying or Very sad

Wah? Really? No Jon on Dale action? That makes me sad Crying or Very sad

FWIW Doug has yet to confirm that he is keen and if he is keen I am more than happy to look at accomodating 5 players (cards be damned).
gribble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - as you've probably picked up from my other posts - I've already read/run "a day late a shilling short". I don't think it'll really matter - as you've already pointed out the scenario is fairly simple and I'm happy to play dumb.

And it's not relevant if you choose to run something else...
Smile

FWIW, our play through (including surprisingly quick char gen) took approx 3 1/2 hours.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gribble wrote:
And it's not relevant if you choose to run something else...
Smile

FWIW, our play through (including surprisingly quick char gen) took approx 3 1/2 hours.

Cool. If I do run it it will be heavily modified, probably by combining elements from Pretty Things for WFRP2e.

I am looking at Dead Ringer which is simply awesome, but I am concerned it may run long. I may look back over Oldenhaller Contract too Smile
gribble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
If I do run it it will be heavily modified, probably by combining elements from Pretty Things for WFRP2e.

I am looking at Dead Ringer which is simply awesome, but I am concerned it may run long. I may look back over Oldenhaller Contract too Smile

Sweet. Have not read/payed/run any of those scenarios.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gribble wrote:
Luke wrote:
If I do run it it will be heavily modified, probably by combining elements from Pretty Things for WFRP2e.

Sweet. Have not read/payed/run any of those scenarios.

FWIW Oldenhaller Contract is the 1e demo scenario and highly regarded.
Dale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I can make it after all, so deal me rat catcher with a small but vicious dog! So everything's coming up hammers....

(Do I still need to bring cards Luke?)

I've run Oldenhaller lots in my youth, and it does indeed, rock tha house
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale wrote:
It looks like I can make it after all, so deal me rat catcher with a small but vicious dog!.

Right on! Plus a Comet. You totally criticalled your response.

Dale wrote:
(Do I still need to bring cards Luke?)

I have the Core Set and Adventurer's Toolkit, so that's stuff for 4 PCs. We look to have 5 players, so one player should bring along an extra set (and everyone should feel free to bring along extra dice).

How about this? We only have 4 pregens. If you want to create a starting Rat Catcher, then you can play that PC. Craig, the same goes for you too, if you want to try your hand at a starting PC.

Dale wrote:
(I've run Oldenhaller lots in my youth, and it does indeed, rock tha house.

There is some kind of symmetry in running Village of Hommlet with D&D4e and Oldenhaller Contract with WFRP3e in the same weekend Smile

On saying that I am most conscious of time. If we start at 9pm, then anything over 3 hours will be a push. Most good WFRP scenarios run in around 4 to 5 hours Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 19 (2010) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: