NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auckland vs Wellington

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gribble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Auckland vs Wellington Reply with quote

Posting this at the top of the thread too!

==============================================

Right, so this weekend is the big event. Unfortunately only 2 guys from Auckland (Paul & Chris) will be making it, but hopefully if we can get a decent turnout from local players it will still make for a fun weekend!

We'll be running the following events:
Sat 10:30 - 14:30: Warm-up event, dual force open constructed (player chooses). Prize will be choice of Mega Drillcon or Mega Krakenoctus.
Sat 14:30 - 18:30: Sealed monster event. Prize will be choice of Mega from available pool for winner, Mega Krakenoctus for second place.

Sat evening - Paul, Chris and I will be heading out for dinner and few drinks after the events - anyone is free to join us. We'll probably head to somewhere along Courtenay Place or Cuba Mall (suggestions welcome)!

Sun 10:30 - 14:30: Pick up/practice games. Paul & Chris will (hopefully) be bringing a 4 player map with them, and anyone else who turns up can play whatever you like.
Sun 14:30 - 18:30: Championship event, dual force open constructed (player chooses - but must use each force at least once). Prize will be Quantum King Kondo for winner, choice of Mega from available pool for second place.

We'll also have a bunch of shadow/glass units available for participants - there will be one for each participant in the Championship and sealed events, and any left over will be given to winners/participants in other events (depending on how many we have).

Keep your eyes out for anything cool that happens over the weekend (one hit form kills, attacks causing massive destruction of buildings/units, instances of particularly good sportsmanship, etc) to get spot prizes, consisting of units (normal/glass/shadow), monsters, buildings and even mega forms.

See everyone over the weekend - it's going to be huge (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)!
Smile

==============================================

I've been in contact with Paul, the guy who organises the Auckland MonPoc players, since Battlecry and he's keen to organise a weekend of Auckland vs Wellington games.

At this stage he's posited the end of May, by which I assume he means the weekend of 29/30 May. Who would be keen for a big weekend? We can probably schedule 2-3 different events over the course of the weekend, and Susan & I could split running the events so we can both play.

Post here is you're available/keen, so we can start organising the details.

Last edited by gribble on Wed May 26, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless something comes up, I should be good for helping out.
Paul Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Ack V Wellington Reply with quote

I would also be keen to play some 4 player games.

Chris in Auckland has one map and there are a number on the web.

How do you guys feel about 4 player games?

Paul
-Still looking for more MonPoc players in Auckland.
gribble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for it - the game we had in Auckland was a lot of fun.
artemis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played a four player game.

In general I think such an event could be fun- getting to play against different people.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would like the big stuff to be on Sunday when I have longer chances to play.

Four way mayhem does sound like fun however.
markdama0ri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be keen...but I'd have to wait closer to the date before I can commit.
There's just too much going on at the moment!
Rue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What location are we likely to be using?
At Wargames Supply in Wellington or...
gribble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had assumed WGS. It will make it easier to get support if we host it at the store.
Smile
gribble

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just following up on this. Paul, are you able to confirm the dates and number of attendees from Akl yet?
If we assume a Saturday & a Sunday, how about the following:

Sat 10:30 - 14:30: Warm-up event, dual force (player chooses)
Sat 14:30 - 18:30: Sealed event (any preference for monster or unit boosters?)

Sat evening - dinner & drinks somewhere?

Sun 10:30 - 14:30: Four player game(s)
Sun 14:30 - 18:30: Championship event, dual force (player chooses - but must use each force at least once)

Susan/Nasia, this does require us to be using the store outside normal hours... is this going to be ok? Or should we look at organising another venue?

We could get prize support for all events (except maybe the four player game, although I'm happy to donate from my personal collection for that), and use all the spare prize support people are willing to donate for the championship event.

One other thing we discussed is that if between all of us (Akl and Wlg) we put in enough pre-orders to get the Big in Japan release kit, we could have an extra-special prize for the championship event (mega white-Dajan - at least at release this will be the only way to get him). Between us all we'd need to buy 6 monster booster cases and 6 unit booster cases. I'm good for a case of the units and 8 of the monster boosters (3/4 case), and if we do a sealed monster event that's another case of monster boosters spoken for probably.
Paul - can you canvas the guys up there?
Rue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will mean running late both days & opening early on the Sunday, but that should be fine as long as we have a heads up (& Lo..)

Also, we can 'close' the store at the usual times & still run things.

The complex will likely close before we are done, so as long as people have cell phones to regain access, there should not be a problem.

What dates is the final query?
gribble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul has confirmed the last weekend of May (29/30), and that there will probably be 4 players from Auckland coming down.
gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, so this weekend is the big event. Unfortunately only 2 guys from Auckland (Paul & Chris) will be making it, but hopefully if we can get a decent turnout from local players it will still make for a fun weekend!

We'll be running the following events:
Sat 10:30 - 14:30: Warm-up event, dual force open constructed (player chooses). Prize will be choice of Mega Drillcon or Mega Krakenoctus.
Sat 14:30 - 18:30: Sealed monster event. Prize will be choice of Mega from available pool for winner, Mega Krakenoctus for second place.

Sat evening - Paul, Chris and I will be heading out for dinner and few drinks after the events - anyone is free to join us. We'll probably head to somewhere along Courtenay Place or Cuba Mall (suggestions welcome)!

Sun 10:30 - 14:30: Pick up/practice games. Paul & Chris will (hopefully) be bringing a 4 player map with them, and anyone else who turns up can play whatever you like.
Sun 14:30 - 18:30: Championship event, dual force open constructed (player chooses - but must use each force at least once). Prize will be Quantum King Kondo for winner, choice of Mega from available pool for second place.

We'll also have a bunch of shadow/glass units available for participants - there will be one for each participant in the Championship and sealed events, and any left over will be given to winners/participants in other events (depending on how many we have).

Keep your eyes out for anything cool that happens over the weekend (one hit form kills, attacks causing massive destruction of buildings/units, instances of particularly good sportsmanship, etc) to get spot prizes, consisting of units (normal/glass/shadow), monsters, buildings and even mega forms.

See everyone over the weekend - it's going to be huge (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)!
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Monsterpocalypse All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: