NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confusion 8: 7 August 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sophmelc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha! I can make it for round 2 after all. I'll even bring a game or two in case there are more people than games.

Blog - Mostly Geek
Tetrajak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone heading to Confusion from the Hutt that could make a stop off in Lower Hutt (just off the highway up a hill) on the way in? If not, I'm afraid I wont be coming in as I'd have to get up at an inhuman hour in the morning on the weekend just to get to public transport (curse you, Melling trains!).
sidicus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot one more day to go! Looking forward to it. (And sorry Tetrajak, can't provide transportation. I hope someone else can or that you can at least turn up to the more human later sessions)
Liam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophmelc wrote:
Ah ha! I can make it for round 2 after all. I'll even bring a game or two in case there are more people than games.

Chaos in Rome is in Round II and is going to be a good one! I have been printing off the character sheets etc today.

It was especially written by me for a Chaosium Scenario Design competition for Cthulhu Invictus.
itowlson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetrajak wrote:
Is there anyone heading to Confusion from the Hutt that could make a stop off in Lower Hutt (just off the highway up a hill) on the way in? If not, I'm afraid I wont be coming in as I'd have to get up at an inhuman hour in the morning on the weekend just to get to public transport (curse you, Melling trains!).

I'll be coming in from that direction and could give you a lift. Email i.v.a.n(at)h.e.s.t.i.a(dot)c.c. Also, there is already discussion of lifts from Melling in this thread: http://www.nzrag.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3295 so you might be able to jump in on that.
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also coming in but as Ivan has offered I won't worry about it

But if you want a ride from the melling station I am picking up the new guy at 8 at melling.

Running - Dresden Files RPG: the murderer of Merlin

Playing - Exalted: Red Sun Redux
Dragonator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I won't be the only new person there then! I look forward to seeing you all in session 2 tomorrow, I'm not sure what to expect yet but I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun! I better find my dice.
itowlson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetrajak:

Since Paul is already picking someone up from Melling station at 8am I'd suggest this is the best bet for getting a lift in since it doesn't rely on you and me managing to sort out a rendezvous at the eleventh hour, and you can probably reach Paul as easily as you can reach me. Of course, I'm still happy to pick you up if you and Paul aren't able to arrange something: let me know.

Obviously TranzMetro need to run a Confusion Special from Melling...
artemis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for an awesome day Kat!

You did a great job.

Hugs
Dragonator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for a great day, I really enjoyed my first ever experience of live roleplaying. Call of Cthulhu is awesome, a very fun system. I had no trouble picking up the rules as I went along for these, and everyone was very supportive. Hope to see some of you again soon (except maybe Sawyer... Shocked ).
Dale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dragonator

I thought you did a top rate job in Castle Bravo given the bizzare nature of the scenario and the old hands that made up the rest of the players! I should point out that Castle Bravo used Trail of Cthulhu as distinct from Call of Cthulhu which Liam was using for Chaos in Rome.

I hope you might consider coming to Fright Night in October for more horror themed roleplaying goodness Very Happy

I started the day not feeling top notch, and now have no voice left after the demands of the 'con, but it was a great time. If I get a chance I'll try and post a report. Thanks to Kat and everyone who helped make it a really fun outing!
Dragonator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, thanks for the links, I gathered that your game must use a different system considering the difference in mechanics. They were both very good.

I definitely wish to come to Fright Night, I've just sent through my registration. Bring on the insanity!

And yes, thank you Kat for all the organising, it was great talking to you and learning a bit about RPG in Wellington. Smile
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time. Smile It was nice just coming along and playing. I thought I'd miss it, but no: just playing was good.

Numbers looked just a bit down on last year?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nishatalitha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mashugenah wrote:
I had a great time. Smile It was nice just coming along and playing. I thought I'd miss it, but no: just playing was good.

Numbers looked just a bit down on last year?

Says the man who brought along all his con games and offered to run any of them! That was greatly appreciated, regardless. And I hope you and the players enjoyed Zombie Cinema.

Yes, I think numbers were down slightly over previous years. I had 30 people on my list, but I'm not sure what numbers are for the last few years. I think we also had more people only turn up for one or two sessions, rather than the entire day.

I think the main factor in this is that there are so many more roleplaying events on this year than there have been the previous years, so there's not the same need to attend than there was previously. Advertising also went out much later than I wanted, due to the fact I was ill for most of July. The weather probably didn't help player numbers, though.

There are a couple of changes I'd like to make for next year:

1. Start half an hour later. I would make it an hour, but that would make lunch too late. We have the time in the evening for it to go longer, and finishing around 9.00pm on a Saturday shouldn't be too late.

2. Run an extra game in the second round, which is the one with the most people.

All in all, I think it went smoothly, and people appeared to enjoy themselves.
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nishatalitha wrote:
I think the main factor in this is that there are so many more roleplaying events on this year than there have been the previous years, so there's not the same need to attend than there was previously.

Woe is us! We have too many cons! Smile

Actually, that's the sort of "problem" its good to have. So many opportunities to play great games. However will I cope?

Anyway, I had a great time; thanks for putting the effort in to run it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Upcoming Cons All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: