NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You are cordially invited...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenni

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: You are cordially invited... Reply with quote

to the superhero wedding of the century! Set in the superhero infested town of Stillwater you are invited to the wedding of Ultima and Thunderbird!

Scheduled for sometime in the middle of September Paul and my Superhero LARP is coming together nicely. Date, venue, costs, etc TBD

Take a gander at the list of characters and email us at superreception (at) gmail.com with your questions and preferences:

BTW some of these characters may look boring, but they may have massive huge secrets of awesome. So don't necessarily judge the book by its cover.

Kelly Cassidy aka Ultima – Bride. After her parents were killed in a tragic accident, she formed The Misfits with a number of other teen heroes. The Misfits have since broken up and the surviving members have been absorbed into The League of Heroes. - Female

Jack Reynolds secretly known as Thunderbird - Groom – By day a mild mannered accountant for Reynolds, Stirling and Hellsing but when trouble calls, Thunderbird rises. Serves as the moral compass of The League of Heroes. - Male

Dr Melissa Reynolds - Mother of the Groom – A successful psychologist and friendly ear for all of Stillwater’s masked community. Female

Harry Reynolds - Father of the Groom - A successful real estate agent who has used his connections with the superhero community to make himself an important part of the real estate game in Stillwater and outlying areas. - Male

Charlotte Hall – Bridesmaid. A teacher at the meta-human academy for youngsters. Sister to Jack, married to Adam. - Female

Adam Hall - Groomsman. Assistant DA, estranged from his family but has been embraced by the Reynolds’s after he married Charlotte. - Male

Justin Malone - Best Man. A solider. Best friend of the groom and is the Government's liaison to the Legion of Heroes. – Male

Tristram Sterling - Good friend of bride and groom. Works as an actuary, partner in Reynolds, Stirling and Hellsing firm. – Male

Reynard Hackett secretly known as Raptor, “the bird of prey” with no apparent powers, uses violence and fear to subdue the criminal element. Looking at passing on the mantle. - Male

Burt Hackett secretly known as Raven. Formally Sparrow, sidekick to Raptor and is Raptor’s adopted son. He has grown up and established himself as a hero in his own right. Former member of The Misfits - Male

Chris Gibson secretly known as Sparrow - Keen and interested in taking over as the next Raptor. His parents are still alive. - Male

Katy Hawkens secretly known as Kitty Hawk, a teen superhero who sometimes collaborates with Raptor and Sparrow. - Female

E. Thomas Tudor – Friend of Harry Reynolds. A former Pulitzer prize winning journalist who lost his only daughter to collateral damage from Superhero fights. Has a known vendetta against Fenris. - Male

Sarah Smith, Wedding planner. Stillwater’s best wedding planner, she’s just there to make sure nothing goes wrong. – Female

Robyn Hunter, Celebrity photographer, is known for their spreads of celebrities and superheroes, specializing in weddings, newborns and breakups. Either gender

Gwen Michaels - Private Eye with a checkered past. - Female

Detective Bud Stone – Stillwater P.D.’s liaison with the dark avenger, Raptor. A grizzled veteran cop who knows the city’s dark secrets. - Either Gender

Dan Christian – Fresh out of the Police Academy, Dan was partnered with Det. Bud Stone. A by the book officer, he finds Bud’s approach to policing hard to swallow. – Either Gender

Michelle Madison – Stillwater’s District Attorney, calm and professional, often serving as a lawyer to the League of Heroes. - Female

Edgar Edmundsen aka Eldritch – A trusted source of supernatural information and a practitioner of magick. Before his retirement he was a cornerstone of The League. – Male

Cassandra Wheeler. Trusted assistant to Edgar Eldritch and expert on the occult. Cassandra is a new face to Stillwater’s masked community. - Female
[i]
Valerie Ronson - Valeria the Magnificent. Stage magician type with real magical powers, member of The League. - Female

Lew Mulholland - Building manager, in charge of the venue. Here to make sure that these unruly hero types don’t cause too much damage. - Either Gender

Murdoch Gevaudan aka Fenris – It’s hard to be a hero when you are being ridden by the spirit of the Devourer Wolf isn’t easy. Fenris has used this destructive power for good. Long time member of The League and close friends with the Bride. - Male

Billy Andrews aka The Jester, Fun loving and carefree The Jester and his partner Cyborg solve crimes (with age appropriate plots). Former member of The Misfits. - Male

Kara 6582 - aka Cyborg, the maid of honour – Straight faced counterpart to Jester. Reliable and caring she has fo
und her way as moral compass to Stillwater’s younger heroes. - Female

Joe Hall – A friend of the Groom’s family. Seeking out his wayward brother. - Could be either gender

Ichiro Yakamoto secretly known as Tetsujin. As head of the council of Heroes in Japan, he is here as a goodwill ambassador to his American colleague. He has fought in many epic battles alongside The League including The Mirror Wars. Former member of the Misfits. Male

Lord Mycroft-Bingley aka M - Victorian gentleman gorilla. Previously of The League, but now mostly retired. Currently serving as Her Majesty’s Ambassador Pleneipotentairy to the Americas. - Male

Captain Jean De Monfort, sometime associate of The League. Captain Jean defends the airways with his sky ship The Lady Destiny. - Male

Last edited by Jenni on Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
sophmelc

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Count me in.

Blog - Mostly Geek
Bryn

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great fun. So much potential for mayhem.

Bryn.
Dale

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!
SamW

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking forward to it. Very Happy
Catnip

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the cast list. It will be a difficult choice.
Jenni

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly the bride, Kitty Hawk and Raptor have been cast.
MikeSands

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am tempted to play Detective Stone.
Jenni

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you would be an awesome Det. Stone Smile
MikeSands

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can pencil me in pending availability when the date gets nailed down.

Edit: ...and I may have just convinced someone to play the other Detective as well.
Tetrajak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me and my girl in. I'll leave it up to her to apply for a role for herself, I've made my request.
Jenni

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder, please send any character requests or questions about the characters through to:

superreception (at) gmail.com

Information sent to me as private messages through NZRag are being read but you're much safer to send it above because that way everything's collected in one place and I won't forget about you Smile

(Seriously, it could happen)

Plus, that way Paul can see it too.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey we forgot a character

Lisa Braden - Wife of Joe Hall dragged along by Joe Hall, He needs her for some big reveal. Female.

Running - Dresden Files RPG: the murderer of Merlin

Playing - Exalted: Red Sun Redux
Karen

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of Dr Melissa Reynolds.... has the additional advantage that I don't have to pretend to be young!
Jenni

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul and I have just had a casting meeting and sent out a bunch of emails. The game is about half full already.

I've put all the roles that are already filled up into italics Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> LARPS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: