NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superhero LARP background reading....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tog42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

** Transcript of Channel 5 news interview with Thunderbird **

Diane Simmons: We now go live to our Superhero Affairs Editor Tricia Takanawa who is with League of Heroes luminary Thunderbird for his response these terrible allegations. Tricia.

Tricia Takanawa: Diane I’m here at the Stillwater Children’s Hospital Charity Gala with local superhero and noted humanitarian Thunderbird.

Thunderbird: Good afternoon Tricia.

Tricia Takanawa: Thunderbird, in this morning’s edition of the Stillwater Tattler you were implicated in a corruption scandal that involved the harvesting of human organs from criminals in custody. Your reaction?

Thunderbird: What! Really? That's what the mangy mongrel came up with? Wow, I must have hit him a little too hard in our last confrontation! Organ legging? He couldn't come up with something slightly more plausible than that? I’m sure the various members of my rogue’s gallery would have noticed if they were missing a kidney or two! They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks; apparently you just can't teach it any good ones!

Tricia Takanawa: So you’re saying that the super villain Coyote is the one behind these allegations?

Thunderbird: Look Tricia, when you’re arch nemesis is a trickster god you get used to this sort of rubbish. The citizens of Stillwater know me and they know what I stand for. I have absolute confidence in their ability to see this story for the nonsense that it is.

Tricia Takanawa: There you have it Diane, Thunderbird apparently unconcerned by these accusations and judging by the look on the faces of the children here, his many fans are also unconvinced. Back to you in the studio.
Interested in Playing: Cortex Plus, Shadowrun, Any Supers Game

Last edited by tog42 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
AhGoodTheSea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpt from the Stillwater Sun Times, September 2010

New Wing of Stillwater Children's Hospital Opened
Little Tommy Hancock is currently undergoing physiotherapy treatment after both his legs were broken, but you'd never know he had any problems from the radiant smile on his face as he played with some of the other patients of the new League of Heroes Wing of the Stillwater Children's Hospital. Why are they so happy? Because there were two surprise guests at the official opening ceremony- Jester and Cyborg. They joined Ichiko Yakamoto of the Yakamoto Corporation, who performed the ribbon-cutting ceremony. The two 'supers' then spent over an hour talking with patients and parents on the wards, and in Jester's case engaging in an enthusiastic water-pistol fight in the new therapy playground.

The League of Heroes Wing has been built specifically to take children who have been victims of battles by our differently-powered citizens. Tommy was one of many who have suffered from the latest spate of attacks by the Chaos Gods, in his case on their school as they were leaving for the day. He was, according to his parents, one of the lucky ones.

The Wing was funded by the Yakamoto Corporation, among other public-minded companies, as well as by hefty donations by the League of Heroes itself. Sadly, Thunderbird was unavailable for the ceremony, but Jester and Cyborg assured those present that Stillwater's favourite son would be paying a visit to inspect the new wing very soon.

Obviously, many people's minds were on the stories circulating in the gutter press about Thunderbird's alleged involvement in corruption and organ harvesting. But both Jester and Cyborg were quick to dismiss the allegations.

"It just goes to show how desperate some people are for a story," said Cyborg, while Jester termed it "a load of bull put about by people too lazy to find real stories".

As for little Tommy, he's determined to get better as soon as he can. Why? "Jester told me I was a superhero for working so hard at my therapy!" he says, happily.

*Paul has edited this post for names*
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tog42 wrote:
** Transcript of Channel 5 news interview with Thunderbird **

Diane Simmons: We now go live to our Superhero Affairs Editor Tricia Takanawa who is with League of Heroes luminary Thunderbird for his response these terrible allegations. Tricia.

Tricia Takanawa: Diane I’m here at the Stillwater Children’s Hospital Charity Gala with local superhero and noted humanitarian Thunderbird.

Thunderbird: Good evening Tricia.

Tricia Takanawa: Thunderbird, in this morning’s edition of the Stillwater Tattler you were implicated in a corruption scandal that involved the harvesting of human organs from criminals in custody. Your reaction?

Thunderbird: What! Really? That's what the mangy mongrel came up with? Wow, I must have hit him a little too hard in our last confrontation! Organ legging? He couldn't come up with something slightly more plausible than that? I’m sure the various members of my rogue’s gallery would have noticed if they were missing a kidney or two! They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks; apparently you just can't teach it any good ones!

Tricia Takanawa: So you’re saying that the super villain Coyote is the one behind these allegations?

Thunderbird: Look Tricia, when you’re arch nemesis is a trickster god you get used to this sort of rubbish. The citizens of Stillwater know me and they know what I stand for. I have absolute confidence in their ability to see this story for the nonsense that it is.

Tricia Takanawa: There you have it Diane, Thunderbird apparently unconcerned by these accusations and judging by the look on the faces of the children here, his many fans are also unconvinced. Back to you in the studio.

My favourite bit of this is that it is in family guy animation style.

Running - Dresden Files RPG: the murderer of Merlin

Playing - Exalted: Red Sun Redux
Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stillwater Tattler - Super Saturday Edition
Thunderbird Finally Fronts! Ghoulish Gala at Children's Hospital!

Stillwater residents were left thunderstruck yesterday when embattled superhero Thunderbird appeared live on Channel 5 to defend the latest damaging series of allegations relating to the now infamous ‘cash for kidneys scandal’. During his brief on-air appearance Thunderbird appeared pale and tired, leading many to speculate that the super’s not-so-secret life may finally be taking a toll.

Once again Thunderbird trotted out a favoured excuse, blaming the so-called trickster god ‘Coyote’ for his woes. This action was immediately condemned by the Humane Society of the United States who released a statement which called upon Thunderbird to withdraw his remarks. Holly Hazard of the Humane Society said “coyote are one of the most persecuted animals in North America, and these kind of remarks invariably result in people who listen to Thunderbird’s accusations taking cruel and hostile action against these noble creatures”.

Meanwhile the number of women and men who have come forth to claim a relationship, professional or otherwise, with the troubled super has now risen to 28, with Brazilian Supermodel Adriana Lima claiming the couple recently shared an intimate weekend, where Thunderbird confessed frequent feelings of isolation and unhappiness with his public life. A full picture spread of Adriana is featured on page 6.

In light of the current investigation, Thunderbird’s carefully choreographed media appearance at the Stillwater Children’s Hospital gala seems a cruel irony, given the number of children at the hospital who are in desperate need of organ donors. Experts consulted by the Tattler say it is likely to be part of a carefully planned media campaign to try and rehabilitate Thunderbird’s battered image, while psychologists speculate that Thunderbirds primary motivations may be part of a highly developed ‘Messiah complex’ where the superhero selects who should receive healthy organs, depriving healthy criminals to save sick innocents.

To add to the media storm surrounding the disgraced superhero, rumours of a sex-tape reportedly showing Thunderbird with another well-known Stillwater superhero have surfaced. Sources say that the seller of the tape is holding out for a large sum before releasing the video. The Tattler will keep readers appraised as soon as details come to hand.
-Thomas Say, Stillwater Tattler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> LARPS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: