NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gribble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the DS book now "available", I heard at GenCon that you can bring along your own DS character for the third season... are you cool with this, or would you rather stick with the existing pre-gen characters?

In fact, here is the link to the website:
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/20100810
gribble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Season 3: "Season of Serpents"
I have sanctioned this season, so we should be good to go.

I'm happy to run some/all of this season, if you're keen to play. My main interest in playing the current season is because it's Dark Sun... played a bit of essentials at GenCon.
Smile
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gribble wrote:
I'm happy to run some/all of this season, if you're keen to play. My main interest in playing the current season is because it's Dark Sun... played a bit of essentials at GenCon.
Smile

Cool. Let's chat over email. Its a long season, so moving around the DM duties sounds like a good plan.
Ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for either. Don't have the book and havent updated the generator yet so making a DS charactermight be a little hard.

Although something fresh won't go a miss. So how will it work if we all bring along characters and whatever when it comes to fulfilling roles? Will it matter?
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, for NZers, making DS PCs will be nigh impossible. The books are likely to be in NZ at the end of August at the very earliest (late September if you pick them up through WGS). DDI won't be updated with DS material until early September. This season ends mid September.

On saying that, next season is much more create your own PCs friendly so hopefully that will deal with the urge to create your own PCs.

However, given Craig has the DS books as he was at Gencon, I am happy for him to make a PC for DS.
gribble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Unfortunately, for NZers, making DS PCs will be nigh impossible.

Making 100% DS PCs will be hard, but the only requirement at the link above which requires the book is for the character to have a theme. I can bring along copies of the 1st lvl theme power, for a theme and the equipment charts if Luke is cool with it and people are keen.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people want to make new PCs and you are happy to help them, then I am fine with that. I would point out that we are only 5 sessions from the end of the season, so you may want to factor that into how much effort you expend.
gribble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is keen, it looks like the theme files used at GenCon have been posted online for PAX:

http://sites.google.com/site/ddatpaxprime/file-cabinet

The first file (Dark Sun Themes.pdf) contains enough detail about the themes to create a minimalist third level DS character, as per the rules linked to above.
MadComputerUser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanna say thanks to those that were there yesterday, my first time playing D&D and it was great. Look forward to next week.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your setting fire to the wooden cage in which you were trapped was the highlight of the session Smile
MadComputerUser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah well at least we escaped Smile
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Taylor, Alistair Boyd-Bell and Thomas Lissington are also up for an Adventurer's Reward.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapters 3 to 5 of the Keep of the Borderlands have arrived and the campaign looks like it will continue to go strong. The final Chapter is pretty awesome.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know, we will be continuing with a new Season of D&D Encounters following Keep of the Borderlands. It starts 9 February.

It is called March of the Phantom Brigade, it will be shorter in length than Keep on the Borderlands, and will use options from Heroes of the Fallen Lands + Forgotten Kingdoms. I am guessing that Heroes of Shadow will become available towards it's end.

I will be GMing this season.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details of the next season below. Ghost Tower of Inverness?! Hell yeah!

Quote:
And in early February, the next season of D&D Encounters kicks off with March of the Phantom Brigade. The adventure begins with an expedition into the ruins of Castle Inverness. The entire season features more of what players have demanded—more exploration, more opportunities for roleplaying, and a story that puts the adventurers right in the middle of a struggle between the people of the Nentir Vale and a powerful ghost bent on revenge. With encounter locales from across the Nentir Vale and ties to the classic Ghost Tower of Inverness module, each week of adventure features a cast of characters that you can get to know and love (or hate) as the season progresses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> D&D Encounters All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: