NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming Larps in Wellington
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Upcoming Larps in Wellington Reply with quote

This thread is going to contain an up to date list of upcoming Larps in Wellington.

If you have a game you'd like including please send the details to bryn at me dot com by the 24th of each month to be included.

Thanks,

Bryn.

Last edited by Bryn on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Here's the latest information about LARP's that are going to be run in Wellington. Plus some information about games that are in the pipeline.

**********************************************************************************************

Sunday 11th September - NZ Larps Wellington AGM - Northland Memorial Community Centre - 1 PM

Members of NZLARPs are invited to attend the AGM for the regional committee. This will include reports from the committee on the past year, our aspirations for the coming year, and elections for all positions: Regional Director, Treasurer, Secretary, Gear Officer, Marketing Officer and Ordinary Members (2).
This is an opportunity for members of the society to come along and find out what we're doing to make and grow the LARP scene in Wellington, and have some input into where we're going. We hope to see lots of you there.

**********************************************************************************************

Saturday 17th September - But Nobody Loses an Eye!

It was supposed to be the greatest day of your life, the pinnacle, you doubted it could ever be cooler than this; you were invited to a birthday party. But now you're here you're not so sure: someone's widdled in their shoe, the little kid next door is hyped on sugar, the birthday boy is crying, and now you all have to play Pass the Parcel. Just pray they don't get round to Charades or Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Join the horror of a 5 year old's birthday party: the laughs, the tantrums, the food stains. But it's OK - nobody loses an eye!

For more information - http://nzlarps.org/database.php?mode=viewevent&eventid=66

Saturday 29th October - My Bloody Valentine (Part of Fright Night)

Ah, Valentine's Day! You should be spending it with your sweetie, and flowers, and sunny meadows, and mrowrr... But there was the trouble with the thing with that stuff and now you're stuck having biscuits and milk with your landlady. And it's worse than that - she's making you talk to her other tenants. Trouble is, Miss Elisabeth is so nice, she'll let anyone in. They're nuts! How long before you're climbing the walls?

LARPS rumoured to be in the pipeline.

The Tomb of the Mad Goddess - England, 1839. It is the beginning of an exciting new era. A new Queen has been crowned and Britain is on the brink of her most prosperous time. However as events are planned to celebrate Queen Victoria's corination mystic forces converge in ways that none could expect.

Those keen to return to the superhero infested city of Stillwater should watch their inboxes. The Kirby High Golden Jubilee is coming up! High school students will get the chance to mingle with superheroes, celebrities and the Mayor of Stillwater! Paul and Jenni are recruiting old and new players soon!

Masquerade on Fleet Street - The Victoria University Games Club is looking to re-run Masquerade on Fleet Street written by Anna Klein. Masquerade on Fleet Street is a gothic Victorian melodrama inspired by Sweeney Todd. Passions run deep, and enmity deeper, loyalty is tested and revenge wrought bloodily. Amidst the swirling fabrics and dizzying lights of the masquerade, who can say whether a friend or foe lies behind the mask?

Mythos - The First Wellington live combat campaign edges ever closer, more information to follow!!!

We are always looking for more games and NZLarps are able to offer support to people wanting to run games, email me at bryn at me dot com and I will put you in touch with the right people.

If you have a game you'd like including please send the details to bryn at me dot com by the 24th of each month to be included.

Last edited by Bryn on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to x-post the response:

Bryn wrote:
Also Idiot is currently selecting from a few games he might be running.

Which is currently looking like either "BSG: The Black Corridor" (a crippled starship fleeing the Cylon invasion), J. Tuomas Harviainen and Roger Gammans' "Seige Mentality II" (a room, a bunch of people, and a plague of zombies), or "Down and Out in Middenburg" (fantasy beggars).

One of the latter two games will definitely run at KapCon, I just need to decide which.
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brains
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jenni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all we want to do is eat your brains
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a strong vote for seige mentality then. I'll talk to Amphigoru about slotting it into the calendar.
Bryn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list 25th September.
Bryn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list 27th October.
Bryn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list 2nd January.
Bryn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list 11th February.
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that if you are not a member of the NZLARPS-Wellington mailing list, you may miss out on hearing about games (as a number of people did with Snow White - small games fill quickly; fortunately it'll be rerun).

You can join it here:

https://groups.google.com/group/nzlarps--wellington/subscribe?hl=en&note=1
Bryn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list 30th March.
Bryn

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Here's the latest information about LARP's that are going to be run in Wellington. Plus some information about games that are in the pipeline.

June 25th - The Victoria University Roleplaying and Games Club present their mid year High School Prom Larp!

Prom night is approaching fast. The theme has been announced—Victorian Masquerade. Which is fitting, when you consider the students of Midea High.

The Goths and The Artsy Crowd are all a-twitter; The theme could not be more perfect!
The Preps and Jocks are getting ready to impress.
The Nerds are stressing, worried they’ll not find a date.
The Outsiders couldn’t care less, but they’re going anyway.

Everyone will be there; but who will survive the night? Who will emerge as Prom King and Queen, and who will be socially outcast forever. Who will find love—and who will lose it? Who will have their secrets unmasked?

There’s something odd in the air; something strange is afoot. What it means, no-one is sure. All they know is that this will be an unforgettable Prom.

For more information - http://www.gamesclub.org.nz/?p=87

July 16th - An Ecumenical Matter

A light-hearted theatre-style larp for 15 players, published by Peaky Games. It was loosely inspired by the tv series Father Ted, Nuns on the Run and similarly daft movies about religion. Set in the diocese of Peaky-in-the-Sea (consisting of Rocky Island, Stony Island and Pebbly Island), An Ecumenical Matter is an irreverent religious themed game involving priests, nuns and a geographically dislocated archbishop.

For more information - http://nzlarps.org/games/anecumenicalmatter/

Forum thread - http://www.diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5776&sid=a86f7e3e27e8972743b5bade168d785d

LARPS rumoured to be in the pipeline.

England, 1839. It is the beginning of an exciting new era. A new Queen has been crowned and Britain is on the brink of her most prosperous time. However as events are planned to celebrate Queen Victoria's corination mystic forces converge in ways that none could expect.

Those keen to return to the superhero infested city of Stillwater should watch their inboxes. The Kirby High Golden Jubilee is coming up! High school students will get the chance to mingle with superheroes, celebrities and the Mayor of Stillwater! Paul and Jenni are recruiting old and new players soon!

The Devil's Brood - A Plantagenet family drama, based on 'The Lion in Winter'.

We are always looking for more games and NZLarps are able to offer support to people wanting to run games, email me at bryn at me dot com and I will put you in touch with the right people.

Stephanie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: An Ecumenical Matter Casting Reply with quote

An Ecumenical Matter Casting
And we're officially (provisionally) full:

Players Characters
Frank Pitt - Mr O'Reilly
TazzyD (Chris Rosedale) - Father Brian
Brooklynne - Sister Mary Theresa
Idiot - Father Eamon
Bryn - Archbishop Corleone
Adrexia (Naomi Guyer) - Father Fergus
Hannah MacKie - Sister Mary Beatrice
Ant Doornebosch - Father Seamus
Donna Giltrap - Mrs O'Toole
Ellen Boucher - Sister Mary Clarissa
Scott Kelly - Sister Mary Agnes
Stephanie Cybart - Father Kieran
Catherine Pegg - Mrs O'Malley
Miranda Eckford - Father Dermot
Cory Sarzoti - Father Barry

I've just now sent out character sheets. If you haven't got it in your email, please get in touch. If you're interested but missed out on a spot, please still get in touch - it's reasonably common to need someone at the last minute due to illness or whatnot.
Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Nobody Loses An Eye! rerun
It was supposed to be the greatest day of your life, the pinnacle, you doubted it could ever be cooler than this; you were invited to a birthday party. But now you're here you're not so sure: someone's widdled in their shoe, the little kid next door is hyped on sugar, the birthday boy is crying, and now you all have to play Pass the Parcel. Just pray they don't get round to Charades or Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Join the horror of a 5 year old's birthday party: the laughs, the tantrums, the food stains. But it's OK - nobody loses an eye!http://nzlarps.org/database.php?mode=viewevent&eventid=66

Saturday, 17 July, 10am
My house (will advise address to attendees)
$10
Suitable for younger players and people who've never larped before.
I'm going to try out the event booking doodad that Ryan set up (in the link above). Please sign up there, and include your email address in the notes to the GM for the sake of my paranoia (although I'm sure it will work just fine. Wink). Let me know if you have any problems. Also, repeat players are welcome, but if I'm lucky enough to be oversubscribed, I'll give priority to people who haven't played in this game before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> LARPS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: