NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for D&D in Central Auckland
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DNA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Looking for D&D in Central Auckland Reply with quote

Fellow Gamers,

I've also recently joined up on the off chance that people other than my usual gaming group actually play D&D in New Zealand.

Very Happy

Anyways, said usual group are on hiatus until early next year due to a few player's expecting to be dads in the next few weeks. I was in Heroes 4 Sale the other week and the shop peeps told me that other people do actually come in to buy D&D sourcebooks and the likes, so I thought I'd do me some Googling.

I'm in my mid 30's and have been playing since I was 13. I've tried a few other RPG's over the years -- namely Shadowrun and Dragon Warriors (I think) -- but have mostly played D&D with the same bunch of guys I played with back at college. We've recently jumped on the 4E bandwagon after finding 3.5 a little too cumbersome.

Anyways. Might be interested in hearing from anyone who's got an empty seat at a game comin' up.

Smile

Damian.
New2NZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that, I've basically played with the same two groups since I was 14. I'm 26 and I recently moved to New Zealand and I've been looking for a game for a little while. What game doesn't really matter to me, but I haven't made the leap into 4e....
Best of luck and if you find a game with two empty spots let me know.
Mala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

looking for a group, too Smile
I'm only staying for a while (~8 more weeks, doing a research internship in the chemistry department), but already missing my game Tuesday and the odd Saturday. Somebody has room for another player?

I'm a German girl, 24, and have been playing for about 3 years. Mostly Shadowrun (4.01, sometimes a bit modified 3), Arcane Codex, Exalted and The Dark Eye. So no D&D so far, but I catch on pretty fast on new systems Wink
The cbd would be great, but whatever I can reach by bus during the week is fine, as well.

Cheers, and good luck for all the searchers!
Digmarx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pathfinder group is pretty full-up at the moment but I'm interested in possibly starting another group.

One thing I can recommend is going to the AMERICA rpg club at the University of Auckland. They've got a website and the coordinators are quite helpful. They meet Tuesday and there are a variety of games that run Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Zo
Mala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning them - I already found the website yesterday, and go and take a look this week.

If you start that second group and need somebody, just PN me Smile
Digmarx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. It's pretty tough to get the scheduling right, find a place to have the game, and find someone to GM. I ref my other game (Pathfinder), so I'm not really interested in running another long-term game myself. I guess I could run a Paizo module for an introductory session, but I'm more keen to play.

Zo
Mala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always hard to get started, and sometimes a pretty ungrateful job.
I guess the GM is worst - good luck with that! Wink
And location: I just moved in at the Railway Campus, there seem to be a lot of common areas with sofas and/or tables with chairs. So I guess there should be a suitable place here, as long as passers by are not an issue.

Mala
DNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Gonna try and get to the America RPG Club tomorrow night myself.

Will also bring a bag of spare d20's, and if everyone's too busy gaming, I may resort to randomly throwing a few on each table to confuse players a bit.

Smile
Mala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least a unique way to get recognised ^^
Reverse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America is, sadly, the only place I've found in Auckland to actually track down role-players.

The rest of them seem to be hiding!
8bit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been dabbling with D&D (and by dabbling I mean I've skimmed the 3.5 players handbook and played through the solo adventures contained in the re-release of the Red Box). I've played a couple of games with actual people, but it was some time ago now.

I'm interested in finding a group of people who play, but I'm definitely looking to play in a very casual style than something that's total immersion, in character, absolute hardcore RP.

That's not to say that I don't respect a well crafted campaign setting, it's just that I'm more attracted to rolling the dice than getting into character.

This example, and I know there will be a few eye-rolls, is ideally the style of play that I'd really like to get into
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4pod/20100527

Oh, and I'm in Auckland also.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys thought about checking out Encounters in Auckland? Its an official weekly event that anyone can join. Its quite good for meeting other D&D players. The sessions are one hour in length.

The website lists an Encounters being run at King of Cards.
8bit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Have you guys thought about checking out Encounters in Auckland? Its an official weekly event that anyone can join. Its quite good for meeting other D&D players. The sessions are one hour in length.

Thanks for this! I have just emailed them to find out more details.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8bit wrote:
Luke wrote:

Thanks for this! I have just emailed them to find out more details.

Cool. I run Encounters here in Wellington and so far we have had a lot of people connect up to games. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Mala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea!
12:30pm won't work, though, I'm among the unlucky people who're supposed to be working Wink
Anyway, I've been to the America Club and it won't be the last time!Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: