NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Sparkle Action Princess GX!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Super Sparkle Action Princess GX! Reply with quote

You are the cast and crew of TV's hottest new children's show: Super Sparkle Action Princess GX! It's got a ballerina turned action heroine, evil cyborg aliens, sparkly transformation scenes and a lot of riding around on hoverbikes. The kiddies love that stuff. But today there's a problem: your footage for this week's episode disappeared in a freak giraffe incident, the script is a collection of incoherent jottings from your drunken absentee writer, and the props mistress hates you. Your deadline is today, and failure is not an option. It won't just get you fired, it'll get you a really nasty phone call from your five year old niece. Are you a trouper?

Super Sparkle Action Princess GX! is a modern day chaotic live roleplaying game for 13-18 people. Players take on the parts of the cast and crew filming an episode at short notice in difficult conditions, using a live camera. (Note, there are parts available for people who do not wish to be filmed, and the resulting footage will be shown privately only unless permission from all participants is granted.)

When: Saturday, 12 February, 1pm
Where: Wellington (location to be confirmed)
Player Notes: The 'cast' will need to bring their costumes for filming (Tiara/Ti'ina will need two outfits to show the transformation, it would help if the Versatile Extra brought several changes, although there will be a costume box supplied for some extra changes.) The 'crew' should bring modern day clothes suitable to a film set. Some of this game will take place outside please don't wear anything you'd hate to get dirty.

Embrace the Power of Friendship, Today!!
Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info is available here.
Stephanie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Now that we're in the right year, I'm actively soliciting players for Super Sparkle Action Princess GX!

Players are the cast and crew of kiddie tv's hottest new series, having a very weird day. Ideally there will be a live camera so that I can edit the footage into a souvenir video for everyone - but please note that there are parts for people who don't want to be filmed, and everyone gets a veto on who gets to see the footage. The first run was all kinds of crazy fun, and I hope that the second will be as well. For people who liked But Nobody Loses An Eye! this is a sort of sequel. There is some more game information here: http://nzlarps.org/supersparkle/

There is some updated game information:
The location is a private house in Wilton, with the address to be advised to players.
Player fee: $10
NZLarps member discount: $5
Lucky Dip discount: $5 (This is for a couple of players who are willing to be cast at the last minute to deal with unexpected gaps. Recommended for experienced and adaptable larpers, because you could end up playing anything. This discount stacks with the NZLarps discount.)

There are some mature themes in the game in amongst the craziness, but I will be casting by questionnaire to try to get a good fit for everybody. For me, the questionnaire is the start of a conversation rather than a strait jacket, so if you have specific desires/issues that it doesn't cover please let me know about them.

Best wishes,

Stephanie
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a while since I did a LARP - could you send me a questionaire then please? Smile
Stephanie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just sent out character sheets and event info for this. Please let me know if anything has gone astray in cyberspace.

Also, there are a couple of spots still available if anyone has been on the fence about playing.

Cheers,

Stephanie
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for coming, guys, you were all awesome!
Photos are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/stephanie.pegg/SuperSparkleJan11#
I've had a chance to review the footage, and it's great. I'll send you all the souvenir video when I've had time to edit it together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> LARPS All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: