NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPGA at 2011

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: RPGA at 2011 Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'll be running Dungeons and Dragons in every slot as the RPGA contingent for 2011. These will be run like Games on Demand in that I'll have a bunch of different games which only run 3 hours, with pre-generated characters that I will offer. The group will decide what they want to play at the beginning on the session.

If you have a character for RPGA games already, you can bring that along and I'll incorporate it into the game.

Some of the games will be based on the DnD Encounters programme that Wizards of the Coast is currently offering through stores, modified World Games Day modules and RPGA modules refined to fit 3 hours.

As soon as I have all the game blurbs sorted out I'll get them added as a list onto the website so people can see what types of games are on offer.

I think I could be the only RPGA GM this time round...
hix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news, Menolly Smile

Gametime! A Kiwi groupblog about RPGs. Come and join the conversation.
multi-dimensional: my script-writing blog.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great.

I playtested a D&D game based on a slimmed down version of Keep of the Borderlands (encounters 1, 3, 7 (converted to a skill challenge from the Red Box) and Cool. It went well and could be run in 3 hours.

FWIW I am probably running a one session D&D4e game based on Dead by Dawn, a longer two session offering and Trouble in Freesboro for Gamma World. I would be happy to coordinate stuff with you if you are keen.
Menolly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool. I'm about to start playtesting up here to make sure the games all run 3 hours... and I might have a MouseGuard game I can offer in my room of demand if I get it retuned in time.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kapcon plans are changing. At this time, its down to a one off Gammaworld session, though I may run this as a late night session when the LARP is on.
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: RPGA at 2011 Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
I'll be running Dungeons and Dragons in every slot as the RPGA contingent for 2011.
(emphasis mine)

Do you mean that you are the entirety of the RPGA presence this year? Or will there be the usual con-within-a-con as well?

As Hix says, this is a great idea. I would give 4e a go in a con environment if it was offered like this more often. My regular LA cons usually have the same split between RPGA and non-RPGA games as Kapcon.
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: RPGA at 2011 Reply with quote

Anarchangel wrote:
Menolly wrote:
I'll be running Dungeons and Dragons in every slot as the RPGA contingent for 2011.
(emphasis mine)

Do you mean that you are the entirety of the RPGA presence this year? Or will there be the usual con-within-a-con as well?

As Hix says, this is a great idea. I would give 4e a go in a con environment if it was offered like this more often. My regular LA cons usually have the same split between RPGA and non-RPGA games as Kapcon.

My understanding is that Menolly is providing 4e RPGA games in a similar manner to the On Demand stream. So it is better integrated with the rest of the Con.

Yes, it's cool.
Menolly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: RPGA at 2011 Reply with quote

Yes, as far as I know I will be the only RPGA GM present this year... so no, no con within a con as far as I know. The crowd from up north have switched to Pathfinder and the Auckland people that came down last year are unable to come this time... but of course that could change.

I'll be bringing RPGA games that have been modified to run within 3 hours... plus some DnD Encounter mishmashs that also run 3 hours.

Because there is only me and only cut games the RPGA support is limited... still trying to get more stuff.

Anarchangel wrote:
Menolly wrote:
(emphasis mine)
gribble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be attending KapCon in a limited capacity (it looks almost certain that I'll be moving house again this year), but when I'm there I plan on running Pax Extraterrestria for Gamma World. I'll be doing that in a semi-official RPGA (or WPN as it's known now) capacity.

I have the "convention package" of adventures - which includes PE - if you're interested in running any of them let me know.
James P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome, Karen - I'm always up for a bit of 4E and its great that this fits in with the rest of the con. If you'd like any help with running a session or three if you need to take a break or get a surplus of players, let me know. At any rate you'll definitely get me bowling up to your table more than once during the con to sling D20s.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Menolly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I was thinking of running where ever I'm put like the Games on Demand room so if you want to rock up for a session to run a game, come share the space...
IdiotSavant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menolly wrote:
Thanks guys. I was thinking of running where ever I'm put like the Games on Demand room so if you want to rock up for a session to run a game, come share the space...

We have assigned the RPGA a room, though its not on the top floor this year.
Menolly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, sounds great.

IdiotSavant wrote:
We have assigned the RPGA a room, though its not on the top floor this year.
Truth

Location: Wellington, Wadestown Plunket Lookout. "Ooh look, a toddler! Where's my rifle?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically I'm an RPGA DM, and can run games if needed.

However the last formal RPGA game I ran was on the prerelease of D&D 4E.
I've a) changed email, and b) forgotten my password since I last tried to log into the WPN. Any suggestions from anyone on this?
Menolly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have changed the way it works now, and it's a bit different. The games are not individually registered, they are generically registered and all the games are available through the new Living Forgotten Realms forums which explains all the new changes... and gives you access to the games that are current or new.

http://community.wizards.com/lfr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 20 (2011) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: