NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for marketing one's roleplaying game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mundens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSands wrote:
itowlson wrote:
My employer bought me a Kindle for Christmas, which is helpfully due to arrive the day after Kapcon. If it does arrive in time, though, I'll probably throw on some Games on Demand-friendly PDFs I have to hand, and see if it proves useful. I'm not hugely optimistic, but would be overjoyed to be proved wrong as it would save a truckload in toner and shoulder strain costs.

If you've got one of the large models, it should work pretty well. On my normal (i.e. paperback) sized model, game pdfs get shrunk too much to really be useful. Some kind of pdf to ebook conversion tool might be able to fix it, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Regardles of screen size, most low end readers like the Sony and the Kobo (don't know about the kindle, haven't played with one, but I expect they're the same) can't handle PDF well because their processor is too slow to handle the graphic resizing required at a usablel speed. My Sony would handle it in the end, but I didn't want to wait a minute evertime I zoomed a PDF page, so I got rid of it.

If you have a non-DRM PDF you can use Calibre to rip the text out and give you an easier format to handle, but sometimes even text need formatting and you'll likely lose that.

I find my iPad works OK, but it's a bit expensive if you only want an eBook reader. I expect some of the new Andoid tablets will have acceptable performance, but watch out for the cheap ones, as they have no more power than the Sony readers.

David Formosa on alt.sex.stories.discussion
Jenni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, to get my game to C. W. Richeson I'd first have to have it published on RPGNow? Or is Lulu enough?

I can't seem to find an email address for him...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: