NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to start a gaming group... Auckland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thracian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Looking to start a gaming group... Auckland Reply with quote

Hi Smile

I am keen to start a groupů

This group would be perfect for newbies, relative newbies, and even more experienced gamers looking for a group, and not minding the initial learning curve of the newcomers to the hobby.

Myself, even though I am familiar with the general "flavors" of some of the rpg's out there, have no actual table gaming experience, as i have never been part of a group

So, basically, this group would be cool for anyone wanting to try/start gaming, but without the current means (i.e. has no group, too shy (like myself) to approach an existing group etc.)

I had in mind to maybe start off with, say, nWOD, as that has always appealed to me, but, if, fingers crossed, we can get a group together,majority desire would of course dictate the game/s to be played of course

- I am a student at UoA

-Live in Pakuranga area

-Don't really mind where gaming takes place

-Am friendly and keen to start a group and meet some gamers

Feel free to contact me through email, or txt, or in this thread

mpav011@aucklanduni.ac.nz
021 029 66070

Marko
Thracian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thracian,

Welcome to NZRaG! If you haven't had any luck yet, you might want to try the UoA gaming club, America, and the big Auckland gaming con, Battlecry.

Good luck!
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
Thracian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate Smile
Thracian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, can anyone from AMERICA give me a heads up when it's a good week to maybe come along; new games maybe starting, when its convenient and I wouldn't be in the way?

Thanks in advance
Reverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marko,

First off, check out the below two links.

http://www.theamericaclub.net.nz/

http://battlecry.battlecry.co.nz/

Battlecry is our big convention of the year, coming up on the 19th and 20th Feb. There will be a whole host of one-off games there, and it's a great place to meet current members and pick up assorted random roleplayers for games. I'd recommend it.

Following on from that for, Auckland Uni Orientation weeks have both March 2nd and March 9th as orientation nights for America, with people running various one-off games - a good time to come in as we are expecting all the new students to come a-wandering.

If you are inclined to GM it should be easier to find a group than as a player - I would recommend joining the America Google Group and cross-posting your ad there.

Good luck!
no rectangulars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also find them meeting at Commerce A on campus on Tuesday nights form 7pm. Once semester starts, Tuesdays will revert to the lower common room or ground 0 (bottom floor of the info commons).
Not much happens until semester starts though, so you might want to wait till O Week. They usually have a stall near the rec centre, so wander over there and say hi!
Thracian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverse wrote:
Marko,

First off, check out the below two links.

http://www.theamericaclub.net.nz/

http://battlecry.battlecry.co.nz/

Battlecry is our big convention of the year, coming up on the 19th and 20th Feb. There will be a whole host of one-off games there, and it's a great place to meet current members and pick up assorted random roleplayers for games. I'd recommend it.

Following on from that for, Auckland Uni Orientation weeks have both March 2nd and March 9th as orientation nights for America, with people running various one-off games - a good time to come in as we are expecting all the new students to come a-wandering.

If you are inclined to GM it should be easier to find a group than as a player - I would recommend joining the America Google Group and cross-posting your ad there.

Good luck!

Wicked, thanks mate
Thracian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no rectangulars wrote:
You can also find them meeting at Commerce A on campus on Tuesday nights form 7pm. Once semester starts, Tuesdays will revert to the lower common room or ground 0 (bottom floor of the info commons).
Not much happens until semester starts though, so you might want to wait till O Week. They usually have a stall near the rec centre, so wander over there and say hi!

Cheers mate, will do
Thracian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive probably spoken with a fair few of you before actually Smile

I think around the time of last summer school semester too..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: