NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Shir Ma
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Al Shir Ma Reply with quote

Thank you, Ellen, Sophie and Dale! That was a totally awesome game. Very Happy

A few of my favourite moments:
- the bit a little after the Sultan had been recognised when the entire court was instructed to avert our eyes so that he could become fittingly attired.
- Ephraim/Thomas' sterling efforts in leveling up in the romance stakes, particularly his totally non-faked fight with a desert shikh that demonstrated how brave and staunch he was.
- getting to wear almost all the jewellery I own at the same time, and still not feeling overdressed
- Cat's mourning over her husband. (Not at all happy, but very intense and sad.)
- And, of course, Hannah. Seriously, I spent the whole game being scared of her, and then right at the end we had this awesome reconciliation with tears streaming down her face. Waaaaaaaaaaaah....

G'night!
artemis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for an awesome game!!!!!!!!

Ellen, Sophie and Dale you guys did an amazing job.

Thank you especially to all my follow merchants and other assorted family- you guys were awesome.

Hugs

Nasia
Giffy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had so much fun Smile Thank you to everyone involved, it was a great "first post baby rpg".

The game was great and I really think the set dressing deserves a special mention.

Also had so much fun with my BFF Princess Mumtaz (things are going crazy around us with conspiracies and magic and returned family members etc and we were totally focused on our own little romance plots).
Thorog the Slasher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a bunch of plot that I simply didn't catch, being one of the merchants and more involved with making sure that my business ventures ran as planned.

I have to say it was a bit of a downer to be poisoned right as I was in the middle of a number of deals, and not being able to find anyone willing to give up an antidote (or cure poison) for love nor money. But then I got the fun job of trying to run the guild from beyond the grave, so it wasn't all bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jenni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. What can I say?

Blair + Naomi you were amazing to play the emo love triangle with and it was so intense I had to leave the game so that I could stop crying and remind myself it wasn't real.

Thanks to Frank for being kind to me in character around then, and of course to Sophie for writing these characters. I thought everything was cut and dry and then BAM! Badi had lied to me OMG.

I'm pleased I got my ridiculously happy ending threesome, but I think I may be cured of that particular story line in LARPs.
Highwayman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Al Shir Ma Reply with quote

Stephanie wrote:

- Ephraim/Thomas' sterling efforts in leveling up in the romance stakes, particularly his totally non-faked fight with a desert shikh that demonstrated how brave and staunch he was.

Totally non-faked.

Have to say, the hardest part of the fight was getting Ephraim to face me, he was totally shocked to have a desert warrior approach, accusing him of insulting his parents.

He also thought he was totally going to die Smile

And then everything turned out better than expected!

Cheers
Grant
sophmelc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just wanted to pop in and say, once again, a big thanks to everyone who played on Saturday night.

It was amazing to watch it all unfold and you all did sterling jobs. Thanks for bringing it to life!

Sophie

Blog - Mostly Geek
Adrexia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenni wrote:

Blair + Naomi you were amazing to play the emo love triangle with and it was so intense I had to leave the game so that I could stop crying and remind myself it wasn't real.

Yes, that was intense. I thought from the start that there was no good way to resolve that relationship once the ex was back in the picture, and I was just waiting for all my lies to come crashing down on me. I was so so sure you were going to pick him. I would have agreed to pretty much anything you asked of me. Talk about angst.

Very immersive Larp. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nishatalitha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps to the organisers - I had an amazing time, and the doubled character concept was lots of fun to play with (even if Karima never really got a chance due to Karen having a very strong anchor for the future).

Thanks also to Hamish - who was playing the strong anchor to the future, and the other WAGs of the Djinni group - you guys were great and very supportive of us all.

The marketplace scene right at the beginning was very intense and set the scene amazingly.

Everyone's costumes were amazing and the set dressing was absolutely fantastic. Big kudos to you all for the time and work that was spent on it all.

I'll post an actual write up at some point on my livejournal.
Jenni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would have agreed to pretty much anything you asked of me.

Oh really? Heh...

seriously though, I just kept thinking about how much I'd loved the last 7 years we'd spent together and I wasn't at all willing to give you up Smile
Thimble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Al Shir Ma Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:
Stephanie wrote:

Totally non-faked.

Thanks again for your assistance Smile

How did your thing with the Sheikh of the Zaab go, by the way?

I tried really hard to scotch his marriage proposal to the Princess from Mumtaz's end* but I didn't really find out how it ended up. Still, I really enjoyed having you as a longlost best friend.

Other highlights were mourning for my beloved husband, even if he did take bribes, and regretting that I hadn't given him a son. And then a passing necromancer brought him back as a freebie. Wow. So I got to end the game happily married!

And I have to say, the Court was amazing. So elegant and graceful. Everyone pulled finger on their costuming and it was lovely.

* Uh, Princess, the peach he gave you was symbolic. He likes peaches. Juicy ones.
...?
If he married you, he'd be visiting your brother a lot.
...?
He likes going swimming! With his bodyguard! Alone.
Oooooh...
tog42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thanks to Dale, Ellen, and Sophie for engineering such a great evening. I had a lot of fun playing such an arrogant jerk. Everyone I interacted with was amazing but special mention to Katrina, Hamish, and Ants whom I was most involved with.
Interested in Playing: Cortex Plus, Shadowrun, Any Supers Game
Joker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add more kudos, I had a great time.

I went in being quite unsure about what I would be able to do... Because my character had lost all his powers. (Which everyone and their dog seemed to know... Talk about busking like mad!)

I was vaguely expecting a big "save the town" plot line but whether by design or happenstance, my story wound up being very intimate and personal and family oriented. Quite sweet, with sadness at the same time.

I wasn't thinking it consciously, but I suspect that feeling of the passing of the torch was what motivated my big "The apprentice is now the master" speech at the end.

So it wound up being REALLY different to what I was expecting, but if anything, even more awesome...

Thank Nick, Daphne and, um, I regret that I forget that name of the player who played my father.

Thanks Dale, Ellen and Sophie for your hard work and intricate story lines. I'm really looking forward to reading the full writeup blog...
Dale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the kind words folks. We really appreciate hearing how things panned out for your characters because we obviously weren't able to follow everything on the night and many of you advanced plots in directions we never really considered (and, of course, we love people saying nice things about us too Smile ).

I'm putting together the full Al Shir Ma document now, and hope to be able to make it available soon as a PDF for interested parties, although beware, the character section alone weighs in at almost 200 pages!
Highwayman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Al Shir Ma Reply with quote

Thimble wrote:

Thanks again for your assistance Smile

How did your thing with the Sheikh of the Zaab go, by the way?

My pleasure. It turned out better than expected, I didn't have the heart to meddle with his attempts to get married too much, but for some reason the princess turned him down Wink At that point he was going to marry the daughter of the other Sheikh, but he'd left it too late, and she married someone else, so everything turned out well.

I felt very conflicted, but the conflict was almost entirely internal during this LARP.

Having you as a long lost friend was great as well, and may have reduced some of the rumours about the Sheikh as a bonus!

Cheers
Grant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 20 (2011) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: