NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LARP Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 21 (2012)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Anna K



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Posts: 113
Location: Auckland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:
Anna K wrote:
The idea's occured to me too, actually. We could call it Hydra! Wink


Oh crap. It has a name already. We're doomed.


We're only doomed when it gets its own thread...
_________________
Chimera - Live Action Role Playing Convention 26th-28th August 2011 - Auckland - Website
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IdiotSavant



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1046
Location: Palmerston North (bugger)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna K wrote:
IdiotSavant wrote:
Anna K wrote:
The idea's occured to me too, actually. We could call it Hydra! Wink


Oh crap. It has a name already. We're doomed.


We're only doomed when it gets its own thread...


Yeah, well, its about to get one in the larp forum.
_________________
Playing: ArM5 - Fons Albae; Pendragon: Defenders of Sarum
Running: ArM5 - Fons Albae (rotating); The Laundry
Planning: KapCon XXI; The Devil's Brood (Chimera); Hydra (April 2012)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adrexia



Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2117
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna K wrote:
IdiotSavant wrote:
I was thinking about a Wellington larpcon on the car trip down this weekend. But we'd have to go for the easter timeslot (to ensure sufficient gaps with other cons), and we really don't have an appropriate venue with multiple spaces. Oh, there's Turnbull House - but the economics on that are no different from running an individual larp there.


The idea's occured to me too, actually. We could call it Hydra! Wink


I'd vote for Kerberos, but that's probably just me. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IdiotSavant



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1046
Location: Palmerston North (bugger)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:
Adrexia wrote:
The idea's occured to me too, actually. We could call it Hydra! Wink


I'd vote for Kerberos, but that's probably just me. Wink


They're all related, but Hydra gets along better with its sib.
_________________
Playing: ArM5 - Fons Albae; Pendragon: Defenders of Sarum
Running: ArM5 - Fons Albae (rotating); The Laundry
Planning: KapCon XXI; The Devil's Brood (Chimera); Hydra (April 2012)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adrexia



Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2117
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:
IdiotSavant wrote:
Adrexia wrote:
The idea's occured to me too, actually. We could call it Hydra! Wink


I'd vote for Kerberos, but that's probably just me. Wink


They're all related, but Hydra gets along better with its sib.


I like the alliteration. Twisted Evil

Also I've always quite liked Kerberos/Cerberus. Who doesn't like 3 headed dogs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stephanie



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three headed dogs are more cuddly than swamp monsters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sophmelc



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 782

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephanie wrote:
Three headed dogs are more cuddly than swamp monsters!



_________________
Planning: A pulp/steampunk LARP, a sci fi short run
Reading: not much
Playing: Fall: A BtVS game, Reverie

Blog - Mostly Geek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stephanie



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophmelc wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
Three headed dogs are more cuddly than swamp monsters!


So cute!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrexia



Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2117
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophmelc wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
Three headed dogs are more cuddly than swamp monsters!




Awwwwwww Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
icehawk



Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 186
Location: Circling.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giffy wrote:
Would it be possible at all to have two big LARPs? Eg Friday night and Saturday night, that way we could have one night for a rerun (eg an "old" auckland game) and one night for a new one?


I think a starter might be to run a smaller LARP on the Friday to test demand, and see how that goes. Either at WHS or at some other venue, depending on economics and practicality.

Volunteers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrexia



Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2117
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icehawk wrote:
Giffy wrote:
Would it be possible at all to have two big LARPs? Eg Friday night and Saturday night, that way we could have one night for a rerun (eg an "old" auckland game) and one night for a new one?


I think a starter might be to run a smaller LARP on the Friday to test demand, and see how that goes. Either at WHS or at some other venue, depending on economics and practicality.

Volunteers?


What? You guys don't Larp at the predrinks? Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Highwayman



Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 787
Location: Wellington

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you wanted to do something *Really* cool, you could set up a couple of "Feeder" LARPs in round three... perhaps a couple of 8 player games for people who will be using the same characters in the LARP.

Would need careful co-ordination, but it would be really cool for those people who want a double-dose Smile

Cheers
Grant
_________________
-=Mon Canard est en feu!=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mashugenah
Site Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1239
Location: Gallifrey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very interesting idea Grant. What structure do you think that would have? What potential for change of situation going into the LARP would be?
_________________
The opinions prevalent in one age... are confuted and rejected in another and rise again to reception in remoter times. Thus the human mind is kept in motion without progress.
- Samuel Johnson, Preface to Shakespeare
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
icehawk



Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 186
Location: Circling.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:
Actually, if you wanted to do something *Really* cool, you could set up a couple of "Feeder" LARPs in round three... perhaps a couple of 8 player games for people who will be using the same characters in the LARP.

Would need careful co-ordination, but it would be really cool for those people who want a double-dose Smile

Cheers
Grant


I like this idea a lot.

My concern is that to make it work on the day you need it to not break the plots and character-links that other players in the main LARP are relying on. I'm sure that's possible, with careful and cunning writing.

Easier would be to run a feeder LARP a few months before Kapcon. So that if those dratted players do something unexpected you've got time to rewrite a few things on other people's character sheets. But maybe that's wussing out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IdiotSavant



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1046
Location: Palmerston North (bugger)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icehawk wrote:
My concern is that to make it work on the day you need it to not break the plots and character-links that other players in the main LARP are relying on. I'm sure that's possible, with careful and cunning writing.


It could be managed, if you have specific factions.

Quote:
Easier would be to run a feeder LARP a few months before Kapcon. So that if those dratted players do something unexpected you've got time to rewrite a few things on other people's character sheets. But maybe that's wussing out.


Its not wussing out - its marketing!
_________________
Playing: ArM5 - Fons Albae; Pendragon: Defenders of Sarum
Running: ArM5 - Fons Albae (rotating); The Laundry
Planning: KapCon XXI; The Devil's Brood (Chimera); Hydra (April 2012)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 21 (2012) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group