NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KapCon 21 LARP: Part II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Larp genre would you be most excited about at KapCon 21?
Greek/Roman
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Hong Kong at the turn of the 20th Century
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Mayan Apocalypse
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Gangsters
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1890's or 1920's Egypt
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
21st birthday party
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Networked SF Bunker LAR
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
NUN LARP
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Medieval abbey settin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Parallel universe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Anna K

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdiotSavant wrote:

And it has the obvious Cthulhu element.

The penguins alone could not have saved us!
sophmelc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highwayman wrote:

Also: I vaguely remember that at various points in Mayan history, the currency was chocolate and coffee beans.

Cheers
Grant

Now, why couldn't I have lived then? I mean I basically work for coffee and chocolate now.

Blog - Mostly Geek
Highwayman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophmelc wrote:

Now, why couldn't I have lived then? I mean I basically work for coffee and chocolate now.

To be fair, the Mayans who had lots of currency were often the ones who engaged in 'head binding' and other self-disfiguring behavior. So, it has it's pros and cons Smile

Cheers
Grant
icehawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, judging from the voting options either we've got these Greek gangsters at a Roman 21st birthday party in an abbey with nuns.

That... could work.

OR

The Mayan apocalypse strikes, bringing contact with between two parallel universes, one our modern one and on in which it is 1920s Hong Kong in a world in which the Mayan civilization never fell.

(Maybe you guys are up to voting, but really I'm still in the throwing-around ideas stage. )
icehawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a "parallel universes" idea:

I am more attracted to a "parallel universes" game in which the two have effectively the same characters and plots, but quite different names, titles and costuming.

So for example one could be Roman and another Mayan, but both could have the a character who is father who wants his daughter to marry the prince and has poisoned the prince's fiance, and both a character who is the pious daughter who wants to be a nun/priestess but whose father is trying to marry her to the prince, etc.

Different titles and names but the same actual character structure and links between characters and plots.

And maybe Gods who play in both worlds: Hermes sticks a mask on and become Coyote when goes over there.

Thoughts?
icehawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icehawk wrote:

I am more attracted to a "parallel universes" game in which the two have effectively the same characters and plots, but quite different names, titles and costuming.

And gangsters in both worlds, and priests in both worlds, and etc...
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icehawk wrote:

So for example one could be Roman and another Mayan, but both could have the a character who is father who wants his daughter to marry the prince and has poisoned the prince's fiance, and both a character who is the pious daughter who wants to be a nun/priestess but whose father is trying to marry her to the prince, etc.

Different titles and names but the same actual character structure and links between characters and plots.

And maybe Gods who play in both worlds: Hermes sticks a mask on and become Coyote when goes over there.

Thoughts?

That would be excessively fun to write and run. It would make little difference from a player point of view, but who says the players should have all the fun anyway? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icehawk wrote:

(Maybe you guys are up to voting, but really I'm still in the throwing-around ideas stage. )

Seems like you're more in the "expanding on ideas" stage. I'm not sure if that's a real stage, though it certainly plays it's part in the creative process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Kapcon 21 (2012) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: