NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Auckland] D&D 4th ed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bNight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: [Auckland] D&D 4th ed Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone was keen to play with a couple of newbies in central auckland? Or if there were spots open in peoples regular games?
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to try and go to an Encounters game in Auckland. I think its run through King of Cards. They are free to anyone who turns up and a good way to meet other 4e players.
bNight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King of cards aren't running encounters at the moment due to their store being flooded Sad
Are there any other places that do?
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bNight wrote:
King of cards aren't running encounters at the moment due to their store being flooded Sad
Are there any other places that do?

Really? I thought that it was run off site anyway, given the store is so small. I can contact the organiser Karen Dransfield and see what she says.
bNight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could that would be great.
Menolly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King of Cards are running Encounters at the Auckland Uni club America on Wednesday nights. There is a new series of encounters that technically started this week but I wont be starting it until Wed 23rd Feb due to BattleCry only a week away and my life being crazy full leading up to BattleCry.

I'll be also running a second encounters group on Tuesday nights from the 22nd using the new series as well as part of the America club new Uni term series of one-off nights. I'll be running the same game both nights depending on players and there will be other games happening Tuesday nights if you want to try other things out. All the one-off games are designed with no or little system and pre-generated characters so it's easy to jump straight into a game.

If you want to get some DnD played before then, check out the BattleCry gaming convention over the 19th and 20th of February. There will be a huge pile of DnD 4th one-off games run all weekend by the RPGA GM's. They are planning to have up to 3 games running every session. Check out the BattleCry website www.battlecry.co.nz in the roleplaying section for more info.
Menolly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Karen Dransfield by the way Smile
RogueOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bNight

I've just moved up to Auckland and would be into playing, I'll most likely be headed along to BattleCon next weekend for one of the days at least.

-Gavin
Menolly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, see you there Smile
bNight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Karen Smile My friend is playing Warmachine at Battlecry, so I may stop by and check it out. I'm currently studying at Auckland Uni, so I will definitely come and check out club night.
Gavin, if I do decide to go I will PM you so we can sort something out.
RogueOne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy bNight, I will be headed along to BattleCry.
8bit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also be heading along to Battlecry - most likely on Sunday.
DNA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, me too, my weekly 4E Dark Sun campaign is starting to suffer from too many player's partners having babies and such. It would be cool to meet other 4E gamers, especially those interested in joining a game, in case we need new recruits.

The Battlecry website notes a bunch roleplaying games that will be happening, but I can't find any 4E games specifically listed. And I find myself hesitant to pre-register, as I don't want to find myself enrolled for a game I don't really want to play ...

... at the moment, I'm looking to rock up around noon on Saturday, see what's going on, and if there's any 4E bosh to be had, register for an afternoon session.

Damian.
Menolly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

There is a section called RPGA Games in the roleplaying section. They are ALL 4th Ed DnD games. These are Wizards of the Coast sanctioned modules run using the player programme RPGA. We have only listed the lower level games but there will be a pile more. The way their games work is each session they work out who hasn't played in which games and they put those people together and play. They have up to 3 GM's running DnD 4th Ed in each session. It might have been my problem, I just noticed I hadn't mentioned it was DnD. I've added it to the website. The page is here: http://battlecry.battlecry.co.nz/Roleplaying/RPGA

The RPGA system works by you having a character that starts at level 1 and you can move through the modules with it, gain exp and loot and play in different sessions all over the world... with the same character. Smile We run RPGA games along side of the other games but it's a bit more flexible since there are about 20 games possible to play, it just depends on the players in a particular session.

You can use a pre-generated character, or create your own on the day or if you have an RPGA character already you can bring that along to play.

So yeah, loads of 4 Ed happening Smile

Regards,
Karen

DNA wrote:
Yeah, me too, my weekly 4E Dark Sun campaign is starting to suffer from too many player's partners having babies and such. It would be cool to meet other 4E gamers, especially those interested in joining a game, in case we need new recruits.

The Battlecry website notes a bunch roleplaying games that will be happening, but I can't find any 4E games specifically listed. And I find myself hesitant to pre-register, as I don't want to find myself enrolled for a game I don't really want to play ...

... at the moment, I'm looking to rock up around noon on Saturday, see what's going on, and if there's any 4E bosh to be had, register for an afternoon session.

Damian.
bNight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need to pre-register for these games, or can I just rock up on the day and sign up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Available Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: