NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VUWGC - General Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glock-9mm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: VUWGC - General Chat Reply with quote

(1) Does the Games club shut down over the coming exams, if so when so we can source other venues for our D&D games.

(2) I just got the T-Shirts made up for two of my Indoor soccer teams through a girl at work who runs her own T-Shirt Graphics Company. We were charged $15 per shirt for a high quality Cotton T-Shirt that comes with one free pocket sized logo on the front, for an extra $5 we got something on the back as well.

If the games club Exec would like to see what I got for my $ then I'd be more than happy to show them and provide contact information for my mate.

They also do singlets etc but they come at a slightly higher cost.

(3) Mash, I think you are a sexy beat Wink ...

Regards
Glock-9mm
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(1) Does the Games club shut down over the coming exams, if so when so we can source other venues for our D&D games.

I am not sure whether the meetings extend beyond next week. I will go down to the union offices next week and see what the exact story is.

Quote:
(2) I just got the T-Shirts made up for two of my Indoor soccer teams through a girl at work who runs her own T-Shirt Graphics Company. We were charged $15 per shirt for a high quality Cotton T-Shirt that comes with one free pocket sized logo on the front, for an extra $5 we got something on the back as well.

Yeah, I've been really slack about this. Sad I'd be interested in having a look at the t-shirts though. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glock-9mm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and No Probs on both fronts bud.

G-9mm
stef

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash do you want someone else totake over on the tee shirts

I'm pretty sure that this week is the end of term time and our meeting are only for term time
mash

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone else thinks they'll be more organised, then by all means, go ahead.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend Brazen for t-shirts.
They charge $25 to get a screen setup and $4.50 per print. They can supply t-shirts, or you can bring your own. I'm not sure what they charge for supplying the shirts, we've always just bought our own. They will keep the screen for reprints -thus any subsequent orders are very cheap. I've found them to be pretty good quality, and friendly too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mashugenah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alwasy been my intention. *shrug* words mean nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adrexia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably do t-shirts if you don't have time Mash. I kind of enjoy it. Twisted Evil Or someone else might want to...
For a club there should probably be order forms or something to fill out.

If I organised this I would need to know the following though:

1. How many people were actually interested in them? There is no minimum order: but in terms of value for money, 10+ t-shirts is best.
2. Are you doing it to raise money, or charging cost price?
3. Did you want to get a bulk amount and on-sell them, or just fill people's orders as they come? There is value in both these options. You could even do a mixture of both.
4. Did you just want one colour, or a few choices. If one colour, which colour: black, white, green, something else? I'm not sure, but they may need to make two screens if you want a black print and a white. All light colours, or all dark colours may work out cheaper.

If someone else wants to do this instead, feel free. I've just done a lot of this lately, and it's a little addictive. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Repton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow!
housemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange!
Adrexia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something more common!

I don't want to have to spend hours looking for t-shirts to print on this time.
Razz
housemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brazen can supply shirts in almost any colour you want, I'm sure. If I remember right they start from about $15.
Also, I'm quite happy to take care of this if other people are too busy.
Adrexia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, $15 is about how much it would cost to find a white shirt and dye it that colour too. Very Happy

I think hallensteins still have reasonably cheap t-shirts in white/black/dark green/dark blue. Unfortunatly this is the wrong season for uber cheap t-shirts. Where have all the $8 shirts gone, that's what I want to know. Very Happy

Actually it might be a good idea to c heck out the t-shirt warehouse. They custom make t-shirts for $17+gst in sports fabric, so it's possible they have cheap cotton shirts available...
Anarchangel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

housemonkey wrote:
Orange!

With a cool logo!
Writing: Outta the Walls, A Certain Kind of Decision, FATE Deadlands, other games.
My LJ
housemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next trimester (Semester? Trimester always makes me think someone is pregnant) I thought I might offer a short campaign game. It would depend, obviously, on available numbers and what plans for games other people had.
The idea is one that I had last year, about a group planning and executing a bank robbery, but never did for various reasons. (Paulie stealing it and doing his own tawdry version for one).
I'm not bothered if it doesn't happen, continuing with one-offs is cool, but the suggestion is there if people are interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> VUWGC All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: