NZRaG
New Zealand Roleplaying and Gaming forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is free - honest. The website told me my order qualified for free Standard International Shipping.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeythorn wrote:
I don't think it is free. I opted for Standard International shipping too. The annoying thing about Amazon is that they won't actually tell you how much shipping costs until after you enter your payment details.

They are all set out here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/596188/ref=br_bx_c_1_4/103-2163799-1159804

I have always chosen Expedited International Shipping as per book it is not much higher and you get it in 2 weeks rather than 4 or more weeks.
Mikeythorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
I have always chosen Expedited International Shipping as per book it is not much higher and you get it in 2 weeks rather than 4 or more weeks.

Yep I usually use that method as well. Your stuff comes in a cool blue sack that way. Very Happy

I have leant Angus my copy of Busiek's "The Frost Giants Daughter" and should be getting a copy of his "God in the bowl" comic with my shipment of supplements (arriving any day now, fingers crossed). I am happy to lend these and the Chronicles to all and sundry when I/Angus have finished with them. I was thinking of copying and circulating one of the shorter stories too, just to give people a bit more of a vibe for the game.
Luke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeythorn wrote:
I have leant Angus my copy of Busiek's "The Frost Giants Daughter" and should be getting a copy of his "God in the bowl" comic with my shipment of supplements (arriving any day now, fingers crossed). I am happy to lend these and the Chronicles to all and sundry when I/Angus have finished with them. I was thinking of copying and circulating one of the shorter stories too, just to give people a bit more of a vibe for the game.

My personal favourites are God in the Bowl (great dialogue), Tower of the Elephant (a classic), Red Nails (though its pretty raunchy) and The Black Stranger (Conan and pirates do Reservoir Dogs Smile )
Angus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS Mike - it's free. I'll pay for the shipping if you like.
Mikeythorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think I have anything to add to the order! Although I would clearly love to get my hands on your copy of the Road of Kings. Do you want me to email your offer around the DESCARTE group? Ben and Cam have both expressed an interest in the pocket guide. When do you want responses by?
Angus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been to Amazon to quote their offer to me of free shipping, and guess what? FFS I'm wrong - it's only free if it's sent to a single US address. I am a gullible idiot who didn't bother to check the fine print. Sorry
Mikeythorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus wrote:
I have just been to Amazon to quote their offer to me of free shipping, and guess what? FFS I'm wrong - it's only free if it's sent to a single US address. I am a gullible idiot who didn't bother to check the fine print. Sorry

Are you still keen on ordering through them? Do you want me to email around DESCARTE?
Angus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I do still want to order them. E-mail around and see if anyone else wants books.

I see fishpond doesn't have the Road of Kings or Hyboria's Finest/Fiercest/Fallen, so I think I'll still go to Amazon
Benedict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus wrote:
I see fishpond doesn't have the Road of Kings or Hyboria's Finest/Fiercest/Fallen, so I think I'll still go to Amazon

Road of Kings

But no Hyboria's Fxxx listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NZRaG Forum Index -> Descarte All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: