Fright Night 2012

Wellington Horror RPG Convention - Halloween - www.frightnightcon.org

Moderators: Paul, AJKM, Highwayman

Fright Night 2012

Postby binder » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am

Hi All!

Just a note to say that Fright Night on again this October (Saturday the 27th). If you are interested in see what is available, and indicating your interest either email us at frightnight.wellington@gmail.com or pop over to our website - http://www.frightnightcon.org

This year we are going for something a little different and will be be running the same games in both sessions. Madness you say? Well maybe the GMs will be after dealing with two groups of crazed and terrified players, but we see it as an opportunity for you to share your experiences and get the most out of these freshly released games*.

So, love to hear what you think, and will contact those who indicate their interest as players directly!

Marcus

* - Yep, all of the games at the con are freshly baked with terror having never been run before. But never fear (or should that be always fear?) our dedicated GMs will be having a special round of internal playtesting to make sure that we get the frights just right!
binder

Re: Fright Night 2012

Postby binder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 am

Help!?!

Looks like Turnbull House isn't available this October (or for the next year it seems) due to earthquake strengthening*.

As a non-Wellingtonian, I'm wondering if anyone else had any suggestions for a replacement location? Being a horror con, it really needs separate rooms, which I know can be hard to come by...

Already had a few suggestions that I will be following up - St Andrew's church (which looks good, nicely Gothic, but a horror con near Halloween at even a liberal Presbyterian church could be pushing it) and Invelochy House (which might have its own ghost) - but I'm open to other suitable locations!

Thanks,

Marcus

* - A big thanks to Brooklyn for pointing this out, and a raspberry for TBH for not telling me, despite booking the place months ago!
binder

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:30 am

Brooklyn Community Centre has been used by Confusion and Day of Games with some success. I have had no personal experience of it yet though.
Playing: D&D5e
Running: Tales from the Loop
Planning: Zweihander
Luke

Postby Steve Hickey » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:17 am

Brooklyn Community Centre has four separate spaces you can game in, of which one is a large hall and one is a nice alcove in the reception area.
Steve Hickey

Postby binder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 am

Hi All!

Fright Night 2012 is open for registration (http://www.frightnightcon.org)! Most importantly, due to the unavailability of Turnbull House, Fright Night this year will be held at Petone Community House, Petone (see http://goo.gl/maps/GMwm3).

As we don't have as much space as previous years, we're looking to you to determine what games are run on the night. Details of what is available can be found here - http://www.frightnightcon.org/?page_id=47. If you're interested in attending, please email us at frightnight.wellington@gmail.com, ranking all of the scenarios in your order of preference (with 1 being your most preferred, through to 6 being your least preference). We'll do our best to accommodate your choices as much as possible, and where required games will be run twice in the evening.

While this year hasn't gone as smoothly as we'd hoped, the good new is that registration costs are only $10 for night - talk about a bargain - and we'll be looking to arrange transport, and other services on the night.

Further details available to those who register, but as always please share this with those who might be interested!

Regards,

The Fright Night Team
binder

Postby binder » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi All!

Fright Night is filling fast, and we only have a dozen spaces left! If you are interested in joining us, now is a good time to pop over to http://www.frightnightcon.org and make your selections.

As a note, Mike Foster's When Hell Freeze's Over has been withdrawn from the con (and will be in reserve in case of any last minute GM issues), although Mike will be attending as a player!

Marcus
binder

Postby binder » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Today is your last chance to get into your first choice games before we schedule Fright Night 2012. As always pop over to http://www.frightnightcon.org and make your selections.

Marcus
binder

Postby binder » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Just a note to say registeration is closed. If you are still interested in attending, I'm happy to pop you on the 'overflow' list, so drop me an email at frightnight.wellington@gmail.com

Marcus
binder

Postby binder » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 am

For those attending!

Just over 2 days until the Horror descends upon us once more! Please note that all attendees should have recieved an email highlighting various important notes for the night. If you didn't get please contact me at frightnight.wellington@gmail.com

Marcus
binder

Postby IdiotSavant » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 am

Survived one game, almost certainly died in the other (sadly we ran out of time, but it was definitely heading that way). Great fun.

Thanks to the GMs, and all the people i played with.
Playing: D&D5
Running: Laundry Files; Uncharted Worlds
Planning: KapCon XXV; The Gehenna Memo (Hydra 2016), Boffo's Birthday Bash (Phoenix 2016)
IdiotSavant

Next

Return to Fright Night